• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(@ ´ `)b Dragon Poker thread of ROYAL STRAIGHT FLUSH (iOS/Android, JP) d( ´ `@)

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Should've rolled yesterday :eek:

Got Tristan and Coyote as consolation after 48 stones

I actually did roll yesterday.

Got Tristan on my first roll. Then I rolled a few more times, kept getting Rares, until I was down to 80 stones. At that point, I realized I shouldn't press my luck, so I stopped. Getting it on the first try should have been good enough.

Emalde

If any of you nerds were sitting on stones, there will probably literally never be a better gacha selection to roll on than the one presented currently. Go nuts.

I did great on the gacha the past few days. For the first time in my Dragon Poker career I have S-class monsters that I don't have room to maindeck. Wish I could have gotten Nana or Yomi from today's selection but I'm not complaining.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
If any of you nerds were sitting on stones, there will probably literally never be a better gacha selection to roll on than the one presented currently. Go nuts.

I was hoarding stones specifically to get Gambler (who's part of today's selection). JUST BLEW THROUGH 50 STONES... And just got Gambler. :p

Now wondering if I should blow the remaining stones... ( about 30 left)

Antialias

I whaled a bit, got Mercurius, Yomi, Belphegor, Johnny, Crystal dragon dude, 3x Noel.

I was looking for a Nana but this will do I suppose.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any other good reason to keep certain N-type monsters around, other than just evolving them to their highest state, just to get the stones?

And if I am getting rid of them, which would be better? Selling them, or using them for XP fodder?

I have come to a point where I'm actually starting to run out of room...

Emalde

Is there any other good reason to keep certain N-type monsters around, other than just evolving them to their highest state, just to get the stones?

And if I am getting rid of them, which would be better? Selling them, or using them for XP fodder?

Nope, once you max evolve, feed them away.

Rahk

I made the best hand.

80wdhcD.jpg

Emalde

New Gacha is up. Mammon is an SSS tier unit right away (3 hits, inflicts -1/-1 to enemy and rewards +1/+1 to you, not sure if this stacks or not), and is also cash as hell:

gF2I94y.png

New Gacha is up. Mammon is an SSS tier unit right away (3 hits, inflicts -1/-1 to enemy and rewards +1/+1 to you, not sure if this stacks or not), and is also cash as hell:

gF2I94y.png

Kind of wish I saved some stones but I'm still good with susan. If there is one thing I am unhappy with, it's how shitty hand shuffling is, what with the whole giving me back the same 2-3 cards 80% of the time thing.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of wish I saved some stones but I'm still good with susan. If there is one thing I am unhappy with, it's how shitty hand shuffling is, what with the whole giving me back the same 2-3 cards 80% of the time thing.

There's only 14 cards in your deck. On your first hand, you draw 4 random cards out of 14.

After that first hand, the chances of you drawing the cards you want narrows, because any cards you draw, are excluded from the next draw. So in other words, you are now drawing 4 out of 10 cards, not 4 out of 14.

You're getting the same cards all the time because there isn't that many cards to begin with.

The only way to make things go a little more in your favor is to use the special shuffle cards.

There's only 14 cards in your deck. On your first hand, you draw 4 random cards out of 14.

After that first hand, the chances of you drawing the cards you want narrows, because any cards you draw, are excluded from the next draw. So in other words, you are now drawing 4 out of 10 cards, not 4 out of 14.

You're getting the same cards all the time because there isn't that many cards to begin with.

The only way to make things go a little more in your favor is to use the special shuffle cards.

Yes, I know that but when I shuffle three and get back the same cards 80% of the time, the feeling isn't good. I didn't want that 2, 3, and 6 so I sure as hell don't want it back most of the time. It's more about the RNG being RN-amazing.

Emalde

Oceanbound said:
Looks like a leak messenger made a booboo, this week's gods are actually Laguna, Azzurro and Gigas.

vb0g9cd.png
uMCP5ix.png
JiqhoUk.png

Clean pics of the full evo lines for the two new demons

BZzdG8j.png
8jDmsXK.png
rf5vQNr.png

h8qDdzj.png
a4trxcE.png
q4iC8S6.png

Also, for fun, here's a clean rip of CatGod:

yQ92J9h.png

If anybody wants me to rip any specific monsters for avatar material or whatever, just say the word.

Emalde

Making a new post to remind people about the New Player SS promotion and the One-Year Anniversary SS promotion that are both ending soon.

http://i.imgur.com/IW5bBex.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GoAPj5X.jpg

I'll do a breakdown to help you try and decide, but this isn't quite the braindead choice like it was for the SS starters.

1, 2, 4, 7, 8, and 9 are all the best you can get for subcards in Bite, Slash, Stab, Wood, Smash, and Scratch respectively.

If you need a strong red attacker, pick up 3 (Coyote). If you need a strong green attacker, pick up 8 (Gorilla). Gorilla is a fair bit stronger than Coyote, but both of them require being fully evolved and skilled to 6-7 before being truly powerful.

6 (Pinoko) is the one healer of the group, her heal is only self applied until SL6-7. Her heals grant Immunity, which heals off and prevents the next status you would have been inflicted by.

5 is worthless, you can safely ignore that one.

Typically the short answer is "Do you need an attacker? Get Gorilla. Do you need a healer? Pinoko is alright." but if you're a whale, it'll depend on which of the cards you want subs for that matter more/will be in your deck most often. Feel free to ask, chances are we'll tell you to pick Gorilla though.

Saprol

Started rookie league this week. 3-1 twice and then 1-3 yesterday. Bunch of questionable card/SG choices during that losing streak. And way more people below level 20.

1-3 and two 0-4 in queen. Lots of people becoming NPCs at the start or near the start of the match, mostly the highest level on my team.
I think some players will ragequit right after teams are formed but before tickets are consumed if the team is not perfect. So either Ahobism needs to fix their matchmaking so that matches don't start if people drop out at the last minute, tickets are consumed as soon as teams are made, or they penalize ragequitters.

I notice it happens more often when I try to PvP at the first opening after a reset. So, now I'm waiting till around 4pm jst so I can get better matches, but now the mid-levels are CPU'ing, not the high levels. Also a 37 was on my side using N+ cards in queens, what a trip down "Getting-rolled" lane that was, let me tell you. Still, at least I'm 2/2 now instead of 0/4 with REAL matches instead of one-way stomps.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I've been doing the 2nd batch of matches (11 pm EST), and have doing pretty well. I think a lot of the mediocre players seem to do the first batch, so I've been avoiding it.

Today's results are 2/2. Luckily still maintaining top spot in my group.

This really sucks. I was originally planning to do the coliseum casually, but since I'm consistently in the top 3, I don't have the luxury to slack off.

Rahk

Think I went 2/2 today. Or was it 3/1.

That feeling when you lose every hand and get stomped for the first 4 rounds and then in the last round make a great hand and wipe the other team for an amazing comeback. The best.

Also the worst feeling when the other team does it to you.

Guess Asobism saw how popular the Nyanko cherries were, so they're introducing Gem Fairies to the game. and also disabling SP boost over the weekend as if it'll actually prevent server congestion instead of making people angry.

Emalde

Watch them not understand that cherries were a great thing because you could get millions of them and fuse them up quickly, not because being combined exp+skill mattered much, and instead make these new gem fairies incredibly rare and have the same base skill up rate as rare fairies or something stupid.

And right on schedule, the next event after Pharaoh is the rerun of the Wild Beasts event.

Antialias

With my new squad I'm basically the god of Knight league (not that that's hard). We will see how fast the difficulty ramps up once I get to leagues where lots of people aren't idle.

Though it will be nice to escape those people who SG their level 1 skill link cards and make my Yomi completely whiff as a result.

Edit - updated lineup
2014-05-29%2021.52.56.png

Emalde

Got a brief summary of the Wild Beasts event? Is it any good?

The original version was one of the few events where you could capture the boss monster, because the gimmick was that each monster had a split evo. The evolution material was incredibly rare and you needed 3 of them for either branch. We're not sure how they'll handle it now, but I guess we'll see.

fatbird eagle main: 3-turn counter chance, sub: heal when defense-skill main skill is activated
swordeagle is a fire version of basic lancelot, sub is 20% unconditional slash boost

manbunny is smash + sometimes grant 1-turn counterattack, sub adds counter to smash-skill using main card
ice princess is 3 turn shield active, sub is status healing when equipped to a water main

feral lion is a bite-type wood version of basic lancelot, sub is 20% unconditional bite inc
hammer lion is smash + confuse chance on active, sub is if you are 25% or lower HP you proc iron wall (invulnerable from one attack) when the main uses its skill

In today's edition of "They Programmed WHAT?!", a low-level pubbie got CPU'd early in a Pharaoh run. Later on, I leveled up to LV106, and so did the pubbie. To LV106. From LV89.

Emalde

Gachafest went up a few hours ago. If you're going to roll anything, roll on Red b/c holy crap that's a stellar lineup.

I somehow managed to make 32 in Ace despite having a losing record. I think that's a good sign I can pub match my way to Joker League if some people leave me behind.

Lost a lot from NPCs, moved up to kings for some reason. Got a levi from 50 stones and it seems the game wants my deck to be some kind of anti-buff type of deck with susan and now Leviathan in it.

Emalde

If anyone has any experience formatting a wiki/wikia, hit us up on the IRC so we can get some better information compilation going on instead of just the haphazard googledocs stuff~

If anyone has any experience formatting a wiki/wikia, hit us up on the IRC so we can get some better information compilation going on instead of just the haphazard googledocs stuff~

I have zero experience with that, but if no one steps up within a day or two I don't mind putting my face to the grind stone and giving it a shot.

Emalde

I have zero experience with that, but if no one steps up within a day or two I don't mind putting my face to the grind stone and giving it a shot.

Would super appreciate it. We have a lot of relevant statistical (and empirical) data about a ton of stuff in this game and we could really use a wikibase to record it all, since JP wikis for this game are terrible and don't offer summaries or evaluations in any form.

I'm also tired of using my twitter to release data values and would prefer to just point people at a wiki page.

Emalde

This weekend's gacha is not good (There are a couple of winners, but holy cow are there some bad pulls otherwise), but next weekend looks like it might feature this piece of work in line with the new event:

Ovm1UNa.png
vsRHoV4.png
qHmnIZK.png

Antialias

I actually came into this thread just to say Xebec. Pissed off I missed the chance.

The boss comes with two wingmen who he hits to use their attacks, do you get anything decent for killing them too? Extra points?

As was explained to me they're actually supposed to be allies, being priests/clerics who kill zombies and all, they're just... not very good at their job. Killing them gives you no points, and they bail as soon as Xebec bites the dust. They also attack you along with Xebec if you get Zombified, so... thanks guys?

Top Bottom