• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

UnrealEck

My friends have PC, keyboard and mouse for FPS with option to use a DS4 contoller is cool. Remote play on nVidia Shield and through Steam will be cool. Convenience of sleep mode able to come home, hit a button and within seconds be playing PlanetSide 2 on my TV at 60 FPS 1440p.
It's a great game.

Jelle

ijWadAfYXr1od.jpg

icF1e69dYWdrT.jpg

One3rd

I think I liked the pacing of Butchers Bay better than Dark Athena...but it may also be due to playing these two back to back. Riddick overload!

11605532736_7d7e3ff884_o.jpg

11605543846_cafa1515ae_o.jpg

BONKERS

That's a pre-rendered cutscene duder.

That game is suuuuuch a bitch.

Yeah, I was super stoked to get it after seeing it and bought it like a month after it came out for something like ~$30 (which is WAY more than I usually pay for games).

I played about as far as you did. The first level.

It's wicked tough.

UGH, FFS, I REALLY . REALLY. REALLY. HATE when developers do this. Render Cutscenes using in game engine. Encode Shitty. Don't use AA or use really shitty AA.

This is 2014 nearly we should be past stuff like this

Gotta admire Valve's artists.

Those character model faces were actually scanned from real people. But even then, they are amazing and I could stare at them all day every day.
Specially COOCH
iVQaAXm3VRjD8.png

ibwH1CpLn8ZsXN.png

i7oUx9qIeAuRW.png

I could give this a shot, if the main thing is graphics ram?
Up to now I'm still getting good fps.

Oh well like I said prior. Since it's DX11, we dont' have any options since Nvidia has basically 0 driver support for AA functions for DX11.

Hence I recommended you guys request the developers to implement SGSSAA/SMAA and the like since they already have MSAA.

Hot diggity! Good screenshots!

Hzoltan69

UGH, FFS, I REALLY . REALLY. REALLY. HATE when developers do this. Render Cutscenes using in game engine. Encode Shitty. Don't use AA or use really shitty AA.

My sentiments exactly... Never understood the reason to do this - always looks crap compared to real-time and even takes up more space as it is a video file.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Thats how they come out on Fraps. :p

Fraps has a PNG option for screenshots, just switch from BMP to PNG.

My sentiments exactly... Never understood the reason to do this - always looks crap compared to real-time and even takes up more space as it is a video file.

I mean, there is legitimate reasons for this.

A lot of times they want to do things in cutscenes that they can't reasonably do realtime in game.

They usually add a lot of effects to cutscenes, like the custom depth of field in the example I originally quotes, and it's definitely not uncommon to see explosions and things like that in cutscenes.

On some computers, rendering cutscenes would be too demanding and it would be super choppy.

By pre-rendering they can assure everyone gets to have at least a smooth experience with it. (As for why they don't do things like turn on super AA or something like that - no clue but they should.)

As for why it's low-bitrate, that stuff can get HUGE very quickly. High bitrate video's take up many GB's of data. If your game has a lot of cutscenes or a lot of long ones and you're going pre-rendered then high bitrate vs low bitrate could be the difference between a modestly sized game and one that takes up 2 or 3 times it's own size.

I'm not saying I think pre-rendering the way developers do is the only choice or the right choice, I'm just explaining their rationale and showing there is some definite understandable logic to it.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
skyrim_falling_2tkdh1.png

skyrim_hallofvalor_2xifm9.png

I would have spiced it up with some ENB, but I get an FP3S of 1 when running in this resolution, so it would be really hard to control with additional effects.

This "mode" is achieved with a very special configuration of SkyrimPrefs.ini. No graphics mods used.

Thorgal

I'm no expert at mods, hows that added?

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4581604&postcount=528

Just download it and drop the files in the game directory where your executable is located .

Tweak settings in the settings file and fire up your game .

You can disable/enable it with F12.

Also you can tweak the settings while the game is running .

Just alt -tab to your desktop and tweak the settings file

.Save and alt tab back to your game and your changes will happen automatically .

This works with every game .

Finally finished this DLC. I was closer than I realiazed. The room in this first shot was rather impressive looking.

11635116325_9a380e4575_o.jpg

11635843526_4afa724c50_o.jpg

Fallout 4 no mods

I hope Fallout 4 looks better than that. Skyrim with ENB can be one of the best looking games available with the right mod setup and craps all over Fallout.... but the flaws of that engine still shine through even with ENB slathered on top. I hope they're cooking up something good.

Top Bottom