• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Console Screenshot Thread (PS4, XB1, Wii U) [READ OP!]

Tearaway Unfolded
gT6b.png

Final Fantasy XIV
fT6b.png

dr_rus

Great shot. Here it is in JPG 99%:

1T6b.jpg

It's two times smaller. I dare anyone to notice any quality loss.

Posting hundreds of PNGs for every shot you take seems like a waste of everyone's bandwidth.

Seems that we already killed Abload.de with PNG screenshots =)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
"No triple posting", does this apply if the posts between my last post and this one are not screenshots (and just conversation), like the above, or do I need to wait until someone posts more screenshots to post my next batch?

"No triple posting", does this apply if the posts between my last post and this one are not screenshots (and just conversation), like the above, or do I need to wait until someone posts more screenshots to post my next batch?

I thought/assumed double-posts only count if they're successive? I wouldn't have thought anyone would mind if there's other comments and conversations going on between your screenshots.

eso76

Great shot. Here it is in JPG 99%:

It's two times smaller. I dare anyone to notice any quality loss.

Posting hundreds of PNGs for every shot you take seems like a waste of everyone's bandwidth.

Seems that we already killed Abload.de with PNG screenshots =)

Well, to be completely honest the png is ever so slightly sharper in places, like the crowd and the pink trees on the right..

Was anyone able to grab screenshots from nfs beta ? first time i played i was told recording was blocked at first, but then after some cutscene, PS4 told me capture had resumed and i could take a few pics. Wasn't able to do that since and i think beta has expired now.

If you worry about your bandwidth you shouldn't even hop in the console screenshot thread in the first place.

We even have a PC screenshot thread without any kinds of compression. Just imagine how much that uses.

Shin-Ra

21929500756_59c796d5c0_o.png

The most ridiculously large jump in the game ;p

21768766669_17379e6538_o.png

Holding dpad up gives you the closer gameplay perspective.

If you worry about your bandwidth you shouldn't even hop in the console screenshot thread in the first place.

We even have a PC screenshot thread without any kinds of compression. Just imagine how much that uses.

No we don't. I wouldn't even dare posting a 4k screenshot in BMP format. (Even PNG is way too big.)

My bad. Not all of them are PNG but even the JPEG's (GTA V for example on the last page) are 6.5mb. That is still an average of 3mb bigger in comparison to the PNG's from the PS4.

The uncompressed image file is over 20 MB for those, Jpeg is the only way (and a good compromise at max quality)

Javin98

Banned
Damn, Drake's Fortune on PS4 looks surprisingly good. Really a big step up from the original version. Killzone Shadow Fall still looks amazing for a launch title.

dr_rus

I worry about image hostings being hammered with stream of PNG screenshots after 3.00 release. I liked abload.de.

And PC thread is JPG mostly - precisely for the reason of bandwidth saving while maintaining the quality. There is nothing wrong with JPG if used properly.

Shin-Ra

21780287388_32063c2c8f_o.png

21347147663_43f9d2c3b7_o.png

Anisotropic filtering's much more consistently high in Uncharted 2 and photomode depth of field works properly so it should be easier to take good pics. All pics so far are version 1.00 btw.

Top Bottom