• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Console Screenshot Thread (PS4, XB1, Wii U) [READ OP!]

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
1444174808-bloodborne-tm-20151006032912.png

1444174865-bloodborne-tm-20151006034634.png

Gurish

People act like if a game is 900P it means it looks like shit automatically, those SW shots are beautiful, seriously people are not impressed by this: (remember it's 60 FPS, 40 players online game)

amarec20151006174410.png

And the IQ is not bad either, it's not only res, AA/ AF/ Textures quality are important as well, some games can have a poor IQ even when running at 1080P, But hey it's 900P so I guess it's shit :|

People act like if a game is 900P it means it looks like shit automatically, those SW shots are beautiful, seriously people are not impressed by this: (remember it's 60 FPS, 40 players online game)

amarec20151006174410.png

And the IQ is not bad either, it's not only res, AA/ AF/ Textures quality are important as well, some games can have a poor IQ even when running at 1080P, But hey it's 900P so I guess it's shit :|

I'm very impressed with the way this game looks, IQ aside. The lighting is phenomenal.

Cubed

Yeah, I don't know what some of you are going on about.

Battlefront looks really great for what it's pushing for on PS4.

Just talking about those screens. I know it looks great and Hoth and such look like what Star Wars should but was mainly talking about the ugly ground textures and the fact that if you posted that pic and said Battlefield 4 I would have believed you especially considering the weapon looks exactly like a BF weapon

amarec20151006174410.png

Lighting alone puts most games to shame. 60fps is just as impressive.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I can understand that you don't like repetition, but I seriously wonder what shitty web browser you're using in 2015 that doesn't manage a page's content through its cache system...

Even if it's quoted ten times, each picture should only be downloaded a single time by your browser.
That's how they work nowadays and was already the case back in Netscape Navigator's days, when we only had 33 kbps Internet connections.

CERN Browser for life!

It is mostly the repetition and when browsing on phones with the lovely adscript that boots you to the App Store on the iPhone every so often then sometimes having to cache back.

le-seb

It is mostly the repetition and when browsing on phones with the lovely adscript that boots you to the App Store on the iPhone every so often then sometimes having to cache back.
lol, you remind me the people who were asking GAF to stop posting GIFs because it crashed Chrome or put it to a crawl... when any other browser could handle those same pages flawlessly.

I don't know, maybe you should try using another browser on your phone, or if you can't be bothered with installing another app on your phone, maybe try using a phone that comes with a default browser that doesn't misbehave. Or if you couldn't live without your beloved phone and are still concerned with your mobile data quotas, maybe just stop browsing this kind of threads from your phone?

But asking people to stop behaving the way they do to fix your own problem is a bit ridiculous.

This. I'm tired of this console generation. Really, really tired. Can't we just look at a game and say "It's beautiful" before "It's 900p" ?

Gurish

Just talking about those screens. I know it looks great and Hoth and such look like what Star Wars should but was mainly talking about the ugly ground textures and the fact that if you posted that pic and said Battlefield 4 I would have believed you especially considering the weapon looks exactly like a BF weapon

BF never looked as good as the pic I posted, no one would've thought this is BF, the lighting alone looks almost like half a gen above it.

C'mon, this shit is super impressive, this is one of the most impressive things on the console, even without considering it's 60 fps and a multi-player game with a huge map and 40 players, it's an amazing accomplishment.

BF never looked as good as the pic I posted, no one would've thought this is BF, the lighting alone looks almost like half a gen above it.

C'mon, this shit is super impressive, this is one of the most impressive things on the console, even without considering it's 60 fps and a multi-player game with a huge map and 40 players, it's an amazing accomplishment.

def disagree

Gurish

def disagree
Almost all of the people who are playing the beta on the PS4 are saying that the game looks considerably better than BF4 or that it looks amazing in general, you can disagree, I think you are in the minority.

DF themselves said this is the best looking Frostbite game they've seen (though they did make some trade-offs for this to happen)

Almost all of the people who are playing the beta on the PS4 are saying that the game looks considerably better than BF4 or that it looks amazing in general, you can disagree, I think you are in the minority.

DF themselves said this is the best looking Frostbite game they've seen (though they did make some trade-offs for this to happen)

im not saying it doesnt look any better than bf4, it looks a bit better. but not anywhere near a half gen. and being the best looking FB3 game doesnt really stand for much given that they are competing with early launch window titles.

edit - considering the cutbacks this game has compared to bf4 and the very modest graphic improvements, the game cant even really be considered a technical improvement over bf4. much smaller maps, no destruction, less players in exchange for a modest improvement to the graphics. framerate is still mostly 40 to 50 fps during heavy scenes, just like bf4 and hardline.

Gurish

im not saying it doesnt look any better than bf4, it looks a bit better. but not anywhere near a half gen. and being the best looking FB3 game doesnt really stand for much given that they are competing with early launch window titles.

edit - considering the cutbacks this game has compared to bf4 and the very modest graphic improvements, the game cant even really be considered a technical improvement over bf4. much smaller maps, no destruction, less players in exchange for a modest improvement to the graphics. framerate is still mostly 40 to 50 fps during heavy scenes, just like bf4 and hardline.

I don't think the improvements are modest at all, it looks much better than BF4 multi player's maps, closer to 1/2 gen better than "modest".

Roussow

Did BP accidentally replace the train wheels with valves? lol

The wheels are tucked in to the train a little more -- there are actual wheels, I just jumped back in to check -- they're there. The perspective just makes the valves look like they're resting on the track, the valves are elevated, I didn't realize how strange that looked when I took the shot, haha.

nOoblet16

amarec20151006174410.png

To be fair, DICE has never cared much about AA.
Even their post process AA techniques are just cheap fxaa pass that barely does anything and doesn't even touches shimmering issues.

I don't mind 900P if the sacrifices made are justified, either a proper IQ boost like in case of Ryse or in the form of stable framerate. The 40-60 framerate of BF games are alright but there is no denying that BF games are the worst performing games this gen among the games that target 60FPS and have also had below average IQ that is made worse with the lower resolution.

AFCA

Neo Member
Just booted the game up after a month or 4, damn this game really looks amazing. I'am really curious if any game is going to surpass those graphics on consoles any time soon.

theorder_1886_2015100kesq5.png

theorder_1886_201510013svk.png

Top Bottom