• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Console Screenshot Thread (PS4, XB1, Wii U) [READ OP!]

Caayn

nfscaayn2dvy84.png

nfscaayn3g7zdh.png

BeeDog

Are those direct captures? I really like post-processing to achieve certain moods or artistic styles, but Jesus H. Christ the image quality is destroyed. Chromatic aberration is a damn godsend compared to this. I wonder if sites such as DF can even pixel-count this shit.

Caayn

Are those direct captures? I really like post-processing to achieve certain moods or artistic styles, but Jesus H. Christ the image quality is destroyed. Chromatic aberration is a damn godsend compared to this. I wonder if sites such as DF can even pixel-count this shit.
GameDVR and screenshot. No direct shots.

-griffy-

Banned
If Need for Speed is trying to look like bad digital video that is super noisy in low light, then I guess they are doing a good job of that? But it doesn't change the fact it looks like really bad, grainy digital video.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
If Need for Speed is trying to look like bad digital video that is super noisy in low light, then I guess they are doing a good job of that? But it doesn't change the fact it looks like really bad, grainy digital video.
I like it. Well, maybe not for gameplay, but those screenshots look really photorealistic due to that. Since I don't care about racing games I enjoy those screenshots more than the overly slick ones of perfectly clean chromy cars from Driveclub and others. xD I also prefer this over CA, by a lot.

Speaking of CA... <_<

1446152807-bloodborne-tm-20151005221514.png

1446152849-bloodborne-tm-20151006202608.png

Timu

I like it. Well, maybe not for gameplay, but those screenshots look really photorealistic due to that. Since I don't care about racing games I enjoy those screenshots more than the overly slick ones of perfectly clean chromy cars from Driveclub and others. xD I also prefer this over CA, by a lot.

Speaking of CA... <_<
I even prefer film grain over CA.

eso76

The amount of grain in NFS is spot on, perfectly simulates the noise you get shooting in low light conditions.
It's part of what makes the game look as realistic as it does, and the overall aesthetics greatly benefit from it.

Game looks absolutely bonkers at times.

The Halo 5 shots outside in the sunlight look amazing. Great lighting.

The new NFS doesn't really look photorealistic to me, at least with a car on screen. The models don't look that hot, in my opinion. The city/environment looks great though. And I also really like the grainy, camera in lowlight look.

DOWN

Banned
The Halo 5 shots outside in the sunlight look amazing. Great lighting.

The new NFS doesn't really look photorealistic to me, at least with a car on screen. The models don't look that hot, in my opinion. The city/environment looks great though. And I also really like the grainy, camera in lowlight look.
Agreed. Cover up the car and it could pass for a photo, but the car itself is imperfectly lit enough that it destroys the effect.

Top Bottom