• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 - The PS4 won't have a better start to another year

Nabbis

Back during PS2 i would have wanted at least 5 titles per quarter, now in the supposed great start im only interested in 3. Sigh.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
2007 was where it was at last gen

- Halo 3
- Call of Duty 4
- BioShock
- Crysis
- The Witcher
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
- The Orange Box
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Crackdown
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
- The Darkness
- Persona 3 (North America)
- Metroid Prime 3
- Guitar Hero III

and a few cult classics, like Folklore.

Late to this thread, but have to agree with this. Nothing can touch 2007, not even 1998 or 2001. Actually 2001 wasn't that great in Europe anyway, as we had to wait till 2002 for the Gamecube, Xbox, FFX and MGS2 among others.

Vertti

Great list of games. Not many exclusives which is good because I own a gaming pc but not a PS4. Though my brother has one and he lives near so no problem to play those few games I can't play on anywhere else.

2016 in whole looks like too good to be true. Will be difficult to find all the time and money to play every game I want to.

Philippo

To buy in 2016:

Divinity Original Sin (out)
Grim Fandango (out)
Witcher Heart of Stone (out)
Bloodborne DLC - 24 Nov
Gravity Rush Remastered - 9 Feb
Street Fighter V - 16 Feb
The Division - 8 Mar
Uncharted 4 - 18 Mar
Mirror's Edge - 24 May
No Man's Sky - Jun
Witcher Blood&Wine
Hyper Light Drifter
Star Ocean V
Persona 5
Rime
Horizon
The Last Guardian
Final Fantasy XV
Mass Effect Andromeda
Gravity Rush 2
WilD
Hitman
NieR Automata

God let me win the lottery so i can quit my job/college otherwise i'll never be able to play all these games.

I have to play on day 1:
The Witness, Alienation, Far Cry Primal, Uncharted 4, Gravity Rush Remaster and perhaps Mirrors Edge 2.

My job is so time consuming but at least I don't have kids :p

ive been more excited for the march period than asscreed, cod, sports and racing game filled holidays season for the last couple of years now

FirLocke

Oh my lord O.O Honestly though SFV is gonna take up a lot of my time, so I'll be waiting on a lot of these games. Might get the Witness on time though

Dambrosi

Banned
Pre-ordered:
  • Street Fighter V

Definitely getting:
  • Dark Souls 3 (if out during Q1 in UK)
  • Gravity Rush Remastered (could never get the hang of it on Vita, hands too big)

Probably getting:
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuths
  • Is Odin Sphere: Lifthrasir out in Q1 in the West? If so, that too

Maybe, looking at reviews first:
  • Nights Of Azure
  • The Witness
  • Shadow Of The Beast

2016 is already a beast of a year for all formats, never mind just the PS4. Will I be able to hold all those games?

chadskin

Definitely:
UC4
Hitman
Unravel
TrackMania Turbo

Maybe:
The Witness
Firewatch

Then there's Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter, Mafia 3, The Last Guardian, the GT Sport beta and more to come beyond Q1. Absolutely bonkers.

Definitely:
- Uncharted 4
- Gravity Rush
- The Witness
- Deus Ex
- Alienation

Maybe:
- Street Fighter V
- Firewatch
- Shadow of the Beast
- Unravel

Will buy later:
- Far Cry Primal
- RE Zero HD
- Hitman

Yeah, 2016 is nuts

Fbh

Yeah that's pretty amazing.
I'm probably going to get :
Gravity Rush
Firewatch
Deus Ex
Uncharted
Dark Souls.

But hey, we never know how other years might be. When Horizon and The Last Guardian get delayed you will already have 2 cool games for early 2017. Add mabye Nier 2 or FFXV and some few others game and you already have an exciting early 2017

You ever think The OP only owns a Ps4? Just maybe they wanted to make a thread about the Console he/she owns. Same thing happened recently in the a what fps are playing this fall on ps4 thread. Everybody asking well what about xbox.

If I were to make a tread it would likely be ps4 focused,because it's what I do my gaming on.

Yes, it's a clean simple list. It's easy enough to research if you want to check availability on other platforms, I have to do it all the time for "PC" titles to see if a interesting game includes Linux.

Shahed

yeah quite a few games i want to buy in a short time frame. First time I've been able to say that about this generation!

Games I'm getting
Gravity Rush
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Uncharted 4

Games I'll get at some point
Dark Souls III
Resident Evil Origins Collection

Games I'm very curious about and eyeing
The Witness
Nights of Azure
Firewatch

Saying that the whole of 2016 is pretty crazy. The time the generation comes into it's own. I mean in addition to the above list.

FFXV
Nier 2
Persona 5
Star Ocean V
Ratchet & Clank
Horizon
Gravity Rush 2
The Last Guardian
Mass Effect Andromeda

And probably a few others. The list is insane and I'm wondering where I'm going to find the time to play these games. Heck I'll probably buy an NX at launch for Zelda as well

Timu

Late to this thread, but have to agree with this. Nothing can touch 2007, not even 1998 or 2001. Actually 2001 wasn't that great in Europe anyway, as we had to wait till 2002 for the Gamecube, Xbox, FFX and MGS2 among others.
What about 2004? It has Half Life 2, Far Cry, Doom 3, Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden, Metroid Prime 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, Rainbow Six 3, The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Burnout 3, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, GTA San Andreas, Metal Gear Solid 3 and more in the same year!!!

IMO 2004 is still the best year.

Melchiah

What about 2004? It has Half Life 2, Far Cry, Doom 3, Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden, Metroid Prime 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, Rainbow Six 3, The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Burnout 3, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, GTA San Andreas, Metal Gear Solid 3 and more in the same year!!!

IMO 2004 is still the best year.

2004 and 2007 weren't anything special for me, whereas 1999, 2001 and 2013 were awesome.

Silent Hill
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Final Fantasy VIII
Dino Crisis
Unreal Tournament
Wipeout 3

Shadow of Memories
Silent Hill 2 (this alone made the year)
Soul Reaver 2

Bioshock Infinite
God of War: Ascension
Dead Island Riptide (yeah, I liked it a lot)
The Last of Us
Beyond: Two Souls
Mass Effect 3: Citadel
Resogun

Both this and last year have also been amazing with the variety of games they've offered, and due to the triumphant return of horror games.

b0bbyJ03

Could it possibly be that they are learning that they don't have to just jam all the big titles into the holiday season? This year started off well too.

Melchiah

They just weren't anything special for me. In 2007, the PS3 had only RFOM, MotorStorm, and The Orange Box that interested me. In 2004, I played on PS2 and PC, but I think that year pales in comparison to 2003, which had Silent Hill 3 and UT2003. They also hold no candle to 1999, 2001, 2013, and the past two years, as far as I'm concerned.

KevinCow

Banned
It looks okay. I'll get Gravity Rush, and maybe The Witness. Then I'll probably get Street Fighter V, Far Cry Primal, Deus Ex, and Hitman when they drop in price if they review well.

I hate you Acquie

I'm putting all the blame on the delays on this thread.

3OwG4yn.gif

notaskwid

Will only get Digimon out of those at launch (on vita). But definitely in some of the others down the line, uncharted for sure.

My wallet is going to take a beating. Pretty much every single one of those games I want day 1.

And I have an Xbone and PC to rob me of my money as well. Jeeez. 1st world problems lol.

i think the thread should be re-titled 2018

2015 great announcements leading into 2016 but the games i want wont be till after next year. (except yakuza 0)

Top Bottom