• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25 minutes of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD English gameplay

Slowdive

Banned
Square Enix PR probably no longer understanding the world anymore
KuGsj.gif

At this rate they'll have hardly anything new left to show haha.

I'm a little surprised the game is this far along. I'm always a bit suspicious when it comes to SE announcing FF games.

They've been working on it since 2012. Seems they learned their lesson about announcing stuff early.

Reveirg

We can only hope everybody is sitting on loads of FFXV/Type 0/KH3 stuff that SE want to show in the coming hours, but sites are getting antsy about waiting :)

I'm more inclined to believe they've burned everything that was to be revealed tonight.

One way or another, we've already received enough solid news since yesterday :D

Kandinsky

What the hell?, It looks amazingly good, what an upgrade, holy shit. Now I cant stop thinking about a FFXII remaster with this kind of lighting man this is unreal.

jorgeton

Looks good! Type 0 with a face lift. Not going to win any awards for graphics, but it looks like it runs at a decent rate.

sn00zer

Still watching...
So far it looks like Halo Anniversary Remaster....great looking graphics, but the looks very much like a reskinned PSP game
ie. Very barren looking, noninteractive environment, very boxy architecture

but gorgeous models, animations, lighting, camera work (looks good, but flits about a lot) and some insane looking motion blur

It's an off-screen video so sorry for any quality issues. The interiors look especially dim.

Seems they were playing it in a Japanese hotel room. There was a loud announcement "the earthquake is now over, it is now safe to use the elevator."

sn00zer

Really strange art, it can look incredible one second and in the next look like an early last gen game. Really mixed bag. Looks like it plays a bit like a mix between Kingdom Hearts and Monster Hunter...a bit faster than KH with single commands on each button like Monster hunter

Font choice is incredibly plain, but SE has some magical lighting going on there. Told myself I'd get a PS4 end of next year but I might have to get one soon...

I had watched it on a small portion of my phone's screen before it was taken down, but it looks like the PSP version remastered. So exactly what's expected. Visuals are nice enough, but nothing incredible (so about what I expected), though maybe watching it in such a small res made it looks not as impressive. I'm sure there will be on-screen footage available over the next few days anyway.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Gameplay/camera looks really similar to the PSP verison. So does the whole, go from room to room mission structure.

Top Bottom