• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'3 Body Problem' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix

Draugoth

Gold Member
3_Body_Problem_n_S1_E3_00_34_33_04RC.jpg_3_Body_Problem_n_S1_E3_00_34_33_04RC.jpg

Netflix announced on Wednesday that it had “renewed” “3 Body Problem,” but the streamer notably didn’t refer to the extension as a “Season 2.” Instead, it appears to be more of a case of Netflix ordering “additional episodes” instead of a new, full Season 2 order.

Per a press release, the exact number of seasons and episodes will be announced at a later date.

Netflix has picked up additional episodes of 3 Body Problem to conclude the story which will be created, executive produced and written by the returning trio of David Benioff, D.B. Weiss and Alexander Woo.

Additionally, Benioff and Weiss will continue their exclusive partnership with the streamer as their multi-year deal to write, produce and direct new series and films has been extended. Beyond Season 2 of this series, they are also working on the recently announced series Death by Lightning. Woo, who has an overall deal with Netflix, will return as co-creator, executive producer and writer on 3 Body Problem.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I wonder if the murder shenanigans on the chinese side have made netflix cautious.

Can they wrap this thing up in a couple of films or a single season? Not really, IMHO, at least not still pay off alllllllllllllll the time spent with cancer boy. I suppose you could expedite the wallfacers and the "solution" as an ending but it's gonna feel off and require all the really cool shit to be scrapped.

Dr.D00p

Urrgghh...terrible show.

As usual with Netflix fodder, all you need to watch is the first & last episodes. Everything inbetween, is wasted bandwidth.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
The boat slicey bit was class tbf, was hoping it'd get a lot better in S2, tried to the read the original book but got bored and put off by the style of writing

StueyDuck

A surprise to no one.

Hopefully they either give more episodes or rein in the story for season 2.

The last 3 eps of season 1 kind of shat the bed. Was all over the place and full of inconsistencies. Where the first 5 were decent

Billbofet

I noped out after 3/4th of the first episode and watched a full summary on youtube. This saved me about ten hours of watching something I would have hated.
Boat slicey scene looked cool though - not ten hours cool, but cool.

mclaren777

I watched the first season and I was pretty frustrated by how much they melted the three books together. They will need to cover a SHOCKING amount of content in the final season if they're going to do any justice to the books!

Think I watched the first 4 episodes and dipped. Never seen a Science Fiction story so gassed but it was actually mid since Prometheus.

I thought it was great. Fuzzy science and spectacle for its own sake aside, it still has more meat to it than a lot of modern sci-fi shows. I'll be watching season 2.

Artoris

Gold Member
The first episode it looked ok But then it started to get booring I am not sure if I bother to finish it

Top Bottom