• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Customization Thread | For the Love of Nintendo...

Spades

Cross-post from the N3DS launch thread.

In case anyone is wondering how the mint dock looks with a dark N3DS:

QhS7mqD.jpg

ADk48iz.jpg

I'm really pleased with it!

ugh, they mixed mine up too. what an effort. Was looking forward to my Skull Kid plates :(

EDIT: Anyone want to trade their majora's mask in exchange for a triforce? I'll happily pay your side of the shipping, just that I called Nintendo store and they said we all have to return them and then re-order when they come back in stock, which isn't something I really want to risk.

ugh, they mixed mine up too. what an effort. Was looking forward to my Skull Kid plates :(

EDIT: Anyone want to trade their majora's mask in exchange for a triforce? I'll happily pay your side of the shipping, just that I called Nintendo store and they said we all have to return them and then re-order when they come back in stock, which isn't something I really want to risk.

I will, My daughter will be gutted if she doesn't get the
Triforce one after we ordered it,

PM me your details and I will fire the skullkid one one out to you

Where i can buy the glowing Boo and Pickachu plates from Italy without being ripped off?
The Boo plates are pretty much a premium everywhere.
The Pikachu plates run about $18 USD: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/ninten...0560-new-nintendo-3ds-cover-plates-no057.html

I believe Italy gets the Pikachu plates on April 2nd along with the rest of Europe
This is also correct. If you want to wait for Wave 2, it will probably pop up on Amazon.

The Boo plates are pretty much a premium everywhere.
The Pikachu plates run about $18 USD: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/ninten...0560-new-nintendo-3ds-cover-plates-no057.html

This is also correct. If you want to wait for Wave 2, it will probably pop up on Amazon.

I believe Italy gets the Pikachu plates on April 2nd along with the rest of Europe

Thanks.

Mmmmm, the boo one is above 40 euro shipping included, which is a lot for a cosmetic plate.
The glow effect is awesome though and it's one of the few plates that looks nice on the black model.
I'm on the fence. : /

Highwind

Alright Hermes just delivered my cover plates.

Thankfully I got no doubles. Will use the MM for my White console and save the Triforce for when I get the N3DS Black Edition.

So according to my tracking info, my Majora's Mask plates should be delivered today (USPS Priority 2-Day) but thing is there has not been an actual update past the "pre-shipment" stage since Monday night (as in the item was accepted at the local post office in California but no update such as dispatched or processed through local sort facility). Trying not to panic as I will keep a lookout for my mail carrier today. I know the USPS doesn't always update tracking the way they should but if my plates don't arrive, I will be calling customer service

Jofamo

So Hermes delivered my package, and sure enough Nintendo UK fucked up and sent me the Majora faceplate and not the Triforce faceplate, the same as everyone else. What a situation they're gonna have.

However, personally this works out pretty ok for me. I had ordered the Triforce plate originally at Amazon.de, but was getting worried about stock issues, so made a backup order on Nintendo UK when they went live. My intention was to cancel the second order when one shipped. However when my Nintendo UK order shipped, and I tried to cancel my Amazon order, it was already too far gone and they wouldn't let me.

So now I have one of each plate, and I guess I'll just keep them rather than spend time returning one.

Sorry for everyone else though, it's a pretty unacceptable situation!

jax

Banned
Do you think the Boo plates are available in Japan? I'm headed there next week, and will be spending a Godawful amount of Yen on cover plates.

3 Kirby themes came out in the U.S. today for any Kirby fans. I have been dying to get this one and got it today!

7rm4NWM.jpg

It's cute overload, I love it! I only wish that I had the new 3DS with the matching Kirby faceplates (seen above) to go with it. Maybe I can find some comparable decal.

Update: Mailman came, no faceplates. Hopefully tomorrow (but seriously, why does the USPS even offer "Priority 2-Day" if there is no guarantee on delivery? If you give a time frame, you should be held accountable as FedEx and UPS are on their deliveries that have a time-specific window)

Can we get some pics? Thinking of picking this up only for the outside layer. Idk about how I feel about putting them on the inside.
I have the old XL version of that decal. The matte finish feels good on your hands.
Easy to apply on as well, even the inside one.

Update: Mailman came, no faceplates. Hopefully tomorrow (but seriously, why does the USPS even offer "Priority 2-Day" if there is no guarantee on delivery? If you give a time frame, you should be held accountable as FedEx and UPS are on their deliveries that have a time-specific window)
Yeah, USPS I think may have lost my package. I issued a complaint. I think my package is insured, so I should get my money back. Still frustrating though since the Monster Hunter plates are limited.

The top is bit faded because I've had this "faceplate" for nearly two years. What with it going in and out my pocket it's a bit worn. I'm surprised the googly eyes stayed on after all these years though.
6pdfh16.jpg

OYfwlNS.jpg

OmegaFax

3 Kirby themes came out in the U.S. today for any Kirby fans. I have been dying to get this one and got it today!

7rm4NWM.jpg

It's cute overload, I love it! I only wish that I had the new 3DS with the matching Kirby faceplates (seen above) to go with it. Maybe I can find some comparable decal.

Same! I love that theme! Thought it would have been released alongside Rainbow Curse for a bit of promotion.

I'd stacked up on themes in the last week waiting for that Kirby one. Got Game & Watch, Majora's Mask Gold, and Monster Hunter.

Anyone got the felt Mario cover plate? I was gonna get it and changed my mind because of possibility of dirt.
I had mine for a month now. No dirt on it.
If you get a stain, you can wipe it using a paper towel. The felt is not deep enough really to catch things.
Sure you may get some dirt if you play it outside, but indoor use you barely get any.

Easier to maintain than gloss. Gloss gets way dirtier.

I had mine for a month now. No dirt on it.
If you get a stain, you can wipe it using a paper towel. The felt is not deep enough really to catch things.
Sure you may get some dirt if you play it outside, but indoor use you barely get any.

Easier to maintain than gloss. Gloss gets way dirtier.

Thanks. How's it feel, anyway? I just ordered the wood alternative, so I won't be getting it for now anyway, but still curious

Cross posting from the launch thread since people were asking about the quality...

I received my n3DS XL skin from Decal Girl yesterday and am really pleased with it:

It was really easy to apply and seems like its good quality. I love the matte finish. No more fingerprints! It's helping ease the pain of not being able to use faceplates.

I didn't end up putting the decal on the inside because I don't think its necessary for the interior.

Shizuka

Cross posting from the launch thread since people were asking about the quality...

I received my n3DS XL skin from Decal Girl yesterday and am really pleased with it:

It was really easy to apply and seems like its good quality. I love the matte finish. No more fingerprints! It's helping ease the pain of not being able to use faceplates.

I didn't end up putting the decal on the inside because I don't think its necessary for the interior.

That pattern is amazing. Would you mind sending me the image you used for it?

I made this mockup for a Cover Plate 009 mod.

3C1wYOy.png

What would be best option to make this a reality? Vinyl stickers? Any suggestions on where yo get them printed and cut?

Danneee

Hopefully my triforce plate arrives today along with Nes Remix.

Are all plates metal top piece, plastic under piece?

LayLa

I made this mockup for a Cover Plate 009 mod.

3C1wYOy.png

What would be best option to make this a reality? Vinyl stickers? Any suggestions on where yo get them printed and cut?

Ooh I like the idea - have you tried making a mockup of a giant Disk-kun that covers both top & bottom, like the Goomba & other character plates?

Chopper

Yup. Nintendo sent me the wrong faceplates.

Would anybody care to swap the Majora's Mask plates they sent, for the Troforce plates I actually ordered?!

Top Bottom