• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3rd Annual Steam GAF GOTY Thread | Bloodborne Was Robbed: Fallout Expected

Nobody voted for Metal Slug :( I was going to, but decided not to because the port is kind of barebones, just like the game.
I'll have to think harder next year.

Was it eligible? I saw it in the released games of 2015 but immediately dismissed it as a rerelease.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I only know of two of the titles on that top list. :x Goes to show I'm not into Bender INDIE INDIE INDIE INDIE INDIE INDIE INDIE... INDIE! :/

KraytarJ

For those curious Trails SC had the highest APS of all games, meaning those that liked it loved it and ranked it very highly (if I understand this correctly it's average placement was 1.5 which is kinda crazy).

Nillansan

Someone else voted for Technobabylon? Maybe next year a Wadjet Eye game can get three votes.

I did, Technobabylon is easily one of the best adventure games that I've played in years. It actually introduces innovative and entirely enjoyable mechanics to the genre that don't feel tacked on. It took the second spot on my list (4 points).

Yay!

Trails SC made it to top 10! All who voted for it, you're all awesome! <3

Best APS too!

Anyways, pretty great list of games! I got 4/5 games I voted for there :D

inm8num2

Someone else voted for Technobabylon? Maybe next year a Wadjet Eye game can get three votes.

I did, Technobabylon is easily one of the best adventure games that I've played in years. It actually introduces innovative and entirely enjoyable mechanics to the genre that don't feel tacked on. It took the second spot on my list (4 points).

If I hadn't forgotten to vote before the deadline like the dumbass I am, Technobabylon would have been my top game. Happy to see others voted for it.

Tizoc

Well done Steamgaf
54546-Cheers-Toast-gif-OLQT.gif

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Uzzy, since your fave game beat my game by 2 votes I consider us even for the Venice, Pasai and Prussia mishaps

milena87

Thanks jshackles for putting this all together again.

Cities Skylines almost in the top 10, so close! Contradiction is awesome, though. All is good.

Kyougar

Thank you for the work jshackles. And yay, I was quoted :>

(And sorry guys, I tanked the Trails APS, it was only my number 2 pick :/ )

considering the pre-release hype, I'm very surprised how badly Tales of Zestiria did

I guess people just didn't like it? lol
Even Lightning Returns and Neptunia charted higher

Tizoc

58 | The Adventures of Pip (1 Points / 1 APS)

30 | Transformers Devastation (13 Points / 3.25 APS)

The one and only
The proud voter for Pip.

Fuck, is Tales from the Borderlands really that good? I've been ignoring it because I haven't played Borderlands. But Kyougar sounds like he's from a similar situation and loved it.

For those curious Trails SC had the highest APS of all games, meaning those that liked it loved it and ranked it very highly (if I understand this correctly it's average placement was 1.5 which is kinda crazy).

That's awesome! It was number 2 on my list.

58 | The Adventures of Pip (1 Points / 1 APS)

30 | Transformers Devastation (13 Points / 3.25 APS)

The one and only
The proud voter for Pip.

58 | Renowned Explorers: International Society (1 Points / 1 APS) - Me

Pretty sure I know who these two are as well:

58 | Thea: The Awakening (1 Points / 1 APS)
58 | Cat Goes Fishing (1 Points / 1 APS)

This person might need help: :p

58 | Coffin Dodgers (1 Points / 1 APS)

Arthea

first things first, thanks jshackles for doing this

secondly, that's very nice GOTY list, the best I've seen so far

by the year 2027 when steam gaf will finally play Trails SC they'll remember 2015 GOTY with shame!

on more serious note, I'm very happy that Trails made it to the top ten, not only it's deserved, I didn't expect this on account that most people haven't played it.

very surprised by Rebel Galaxy being so low, I thought it'll make to top 20 at least.

Paint it Back got robbed, it should have been way higher

somebody besides me voted for Higurashi, cheers whoever you are nice people!

I think Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey somehow got lost, it's very likely nobody voted for it but me, just something I noticed missing from the list.

Kyougar

Fuck, is Tales from the Borderlands really that good? I've been ignoring it because I haven't played Borderlands. But Kyougar sounds like he's from a similar situation and loved it.

Yes it is :)
I say often that it is the most un-TellTale-like / un-Borderlands-like TellTale-Borderlands Game

Jimrpg

Thanks Jshackles. It was kinda obvious Witcher 3 was going to win but nice to see what other titles made top 10.

Top 5 games released before the holiday season kinda shows that the winners are not always the oct/nov triple A titles.

T.O.P

Banned
Contradiction, Tales, LIS, Witcher 3, Ori

Steam GAF has fantastic taste in games

YES

I actually started playing Borderlands after playing Tales :)

It's really good. It's the typical Telltale interactive novel format, but probably the best one so far (IMHO). Well paced, funny script and it's a welcome change that it's not dark and grim.

In terms of style (not gameplay though) and atmosphere, it feels quite close to old LucasArts adventures.

I didn't have it among my five choices here, but it was close.

I think Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey somehow got lost, it's very likely nobody voted for it but me, just something I noticed missing from the list.

I assumed because the original game came out in 2014 and the one last year was a remaster it wasn't eligible? I enjoyed it immensely, though I did spend too much time trying to spell "guacamole" over and over and over! Also after a cursory glance at the leaderboards not too many people outside of you and I in steamGAF played it for longer than idling time or even had a quick look.

In summary, more people should play it!

Arthea

I assumed because the original game came out in 2014 and the one last year was a remaster it wasn't eligible? I enjoyed it immensely, though I did spend too much time trying to spell "guacamole" over and over and over! Also after a cursory glance at the leaderboards not too many people outside of you and I in steamGAF played it for longer than idling time or even had a quick look.

In summary, more people should play it!

wait... original game came out in 2014? I was sure it was 2015, or it was so late in 2014 that it doesn't matter, because I've started to play it on a release day and I played and finished it in 2015. It can't be ineligible, can it?

Yes it is :)
I say often that it is the most un-TellTale-like / un-Borderlands-like TellTale-Borderlands Game

YES

I actually started playing Borderlands after playing Tales :)

It's really good. It's the typical Telltale interactive novel format, but probably the best one so far (IMHO). Well paced, funny script and it's a welcome change that it's not dark and grim.

In terms of style (not gameplay though) and atmosphere, it feels quite close to old LucasArts adventures.

I didn't have it among my five choices here, but it was close.

All right, all right. You guys have convinced me. It's on my Steam wishlist now XD

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
All of my 5 votes are in the top 10, guess I only play games that are popular in steamgaf.

I do wonder how this years will look as at least 5 of those in top 10 "came out of nowhere", something that wasn't really anticipated long before launch.

MUnited83

For you.
wait... original game came out in 2014? I was sure it was 2015, or it was so late in 2014 that it doesn't matter, because I've started to play it on a release day and I played and finished it in 2015. It can't be ineligible, can it?

It came out 21 Nov, 2014. It is ineligible.

Arthea

It came out 21 Nov, 2014. It is ineligible.

damn... I should have checked, I was so sure it's 2015 game.

OTOH it is no win situation, because it hardly can be finished in a month, if you don't play it every day. let's say it has very unfortunate release date indeed.

Top Bottom