• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

50 million PS4s sold-through as of 6th December 2016

Welfare

So 3m Xbox sold in Dec? Is that normal?

When I use ~ that usually means a +-500k. Like to be more specific I think >25m in November and <28m in December. So somewhere below 2.5m in December is my current prediction.

So Sony only has to sell 257K PS4's more than XB1 in November to make the 4 month gap irrelevant?

July also increases the gap by 9,900 so Sony needs to win by at least 266k to go back to where the gap was back in June.

US is over 60% of XB1 WW sales.

This has been wrong for a while. It was just above 60% back in 2013. EA and Ubisoft suggest it has fallen to ~58% at the end of 2015 (~11.1m US : ~19m WW)

EGM1966

One thing that always amazes me in sales threads is how many people post incorrect statements despite factual data being present right in the thread.

I'm moderately interested in sales but I don't track it to the level of the key GAF sales folk but all it takes is one minute to read the actual tables, etc. and you can at least post sensibly.

People saying XB1 has won majority of NPD months this year when empirically it didn't. People saying 360 won last gen based on sales when empirically it didn't: Wii did.

I know people have various levels of bias (I do myself) but it must take some amazing bias to literally post something empirically incorrect when the correct data is literally posted just above.

Anyway good result for PS4 and I guess to an extend expected. Seems BF saw them finally push Slim, which makes sense. Pro I suspect along with PSVR they'll push more as Christmas presents although they'll balance that with pushing Slim as a great value present.

Very curious to see how both consoles did for BF in US and November NPD. I feel both will have performed very well but the real fun will be around who nabbed the top spot.

joecanada

One thing that always amazes me in sales threads is how many people post incorrect statements despite factual data being present right in the thread.

I'm moderately interested in sales but I don't track it to the level of the key GAF sales folk but all it takes is one minute to read the actual tables, etc. and you can at least post sensibly.

People saying XB1 has won majority of NPD months this year when empirically it didn't. People saying 360 won last gen based on sales when empirically it didn't: Wii did.

I know people have various levels of bias (I do myself) but it must take some amazing bias to literally post something empirically incorrect when the correct data is literally posted just above.

Anyway good result for PS4 and I guess to an extend expected. Seems BF saw them finally push Slim, which makes sense. Pro I suspect along with PSVR they'll push more as Christmas presents although they'll balance that with pushing Slim as a great value present.

Very curious to see how both consoles did for BF in US and November NPD. I feel both will have performed very well but the real fun will be around who nabbed the top spot.

its the post - truth world now man . All you need to make something "true" is repeat it and post it on twitter as a "news story".

Most of GAF has a mental filter about what's hardcore and therefore "counts" vs. what doesn't. Most games media people too. By rights Pokemon Go should have swept every GOTY award, it had a broad, meteoric impact in a way perhaps no game has in history. But it won't even cross most people's minds because of said filter. It doesn't "count."

Unknown?

Most of GAF has a mental filter about what's hardcore and therefore "counts" vs. what doesn't. Most games media people too. By rights Pokemon Go should have swept every GOTY award, it had a broad, meteoric impact in a way perhaps no game has in history. But it won't even cross most people's minds because of said filter. It doesn't "count."
Uhhh... I don't think popularity has been a deciding factor on what wins a GOTY award. If that were the case Journey never would have won any awards. Neither would have Uncharted 2.

Apathy

man, just wait until you see his political opinions. They're even worse. Dude is full of it.

Also, wasn't he one of the people on that IGN podcast where they were talking about how the eye can't see past 30fps or tell the difference between 720 & 1080 back during the XB1/PS4 launches?

Do you have the NPD August-October numbers for PS4 & XB1?

Colin has been going off the rails for a while now. I mean he went to the facebook group and complained about them recently, saying how people had been mean to him for his post election tweet and how that hurt his feelings.

Top Bottom