• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

52 Games - 1 Year Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

donny2112

#52 is done. It's been a blast. :) Looking forward to keeping going, too, though probably at a lesser pace. :lol

Games 1-25
Games 26-43
Games 44-52 (and counting)

Stats from first 52 games
# of games replayed on original system - 2
# of games replayed on Nintendo VC - 3
# of games completed for the first time - 47

System Breakdown
360 - 15
PC - 15
3DS - 12
WII - 5
NES - 3
GCN - 1
SNES - 1

# of hours played - ~356 hours (not counting Costume Quest DLC)

10 Games left to go for me.

41. Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition(PC) - March 22nd -:Time: 11.9hrs
Pretty enjoyable game, and it's the third Resident Evil game I've finished...ever!(not include replays, because then it's the 4th one I've finished) although the mouse controls make it a bit easier than I think the developers intended it to be, I was shooting arrows out of the air pretty consistently, made me feel pretty good.
Also screw QTEs, I spent more time on the intro to the
Krauser
fight where you're hitting each other with knives than the actual fight, ugh, QTEs annoy me.

42. Prince of Perisa: The Forgotten Sands(Wii) - March 26th -Time: 7hrs 36m
Very fun game, and it has a lot of room for imagination since you can create a lot of your own pathways, with the ability to create a whirlwind on the ground, a hook on the wall or a bubble in mid air, the amount of ways to traverse through an area is crazy.
Definitely recommend this, and I really recommend it over the HD version of The Forgotten Sands(This version has more colours than just brown! :D!!!)

Original Post

MRORANGE

We have our first winner!

ibibm0GY9q2gYN.png

donny2112 | Completion (01-01-14 to 26-3-14): Games 1-25 / Games 26-43 / Games 44-52 (and counting)

I didn't think of a prize for the first winner, but you can have any game you want up to $15 on Steam on me or Paypal equivalent sent to you.

Remember if you have completed the challenge to send a PM so I can add you to the OP.

1. Contrast - 6-8 Hours (All Trophies)

Enjoyable game with some interesting puzzles that is let down by overall mechanics that just don't quite work well.

2. Call of Duty: Ghosts - 12-15 Hours (All SP Trophies, complete on Veteran)

Strange for a CoD game to have a SP experience better than the MP. Thoroughly enjoyed playing through it, even if it is a bit easy. Some really good set pieces and I'm glad they didn't over-use the dog.

3. Resogun - 15-20 Hours (Platinum)

Brilliant! Great fun in single player and in co-op.

4. The Playroom - 1-2 hours (All trophies pre ninja update)

Good fun for a while but gets repetitive. Still only real use I've had out of camera besides voice controls.

5. Welcome Park - 2-4 Hours (All Trophies)

Interesting little demo for the Vita features. Thats pretty much it.

6. Need For Speed: Rivals 20-30 Hours (Platinum)

First NFS game in ages. Really enjoyed it, and the mixed SP / MP. Made for some interesting events.

7. Tearaway 10-16 Hours (Platinum)

Amazing game. This and remote play are why I got a Vita. Easily one of the best games I've played so far this year. There is just something about it that is so damn enjoyable. Everything about it is well put together. On paper (no pun intended) it shouldn't be this good. But it is!

8. Killzone: Shadow Fall 60+ Hours (1 MP trophy to go)

Some amazing visuals let down by some poor levels in the middle of the game. I really enjoyed my first playthrough, but second time around it was massively a chore and all those faults rose to the surface. MP is brilliant and I'm slowing working towards the platinum, as grindy as it is. It is probably the first MP game since MW1 / MW2 / SOCOM 1/2 to really grab me for more than a month.

9. Thomas Was Alone 5-8 Hours (All trophies)

Really enjoyed this simplistic puzzle platformer. Really looking forward to see what Mike Bithell does next. I became attached to the simple block characters thanks to a simple yet interesting narrative.

10. FIFA 14 30+ Hours (Platinum)

First FIFA since FIFA 12. Massive jump in gameplay and really enjoyable. Varied game modes keep me interested even beyond the platinum and the online clubs is really fun once you get into a decent club. Will give me my footie fix for the next few years.

11. Don't Starve 20+ Hours (25+ Days approx)

I just suck at this game but I enjoyed it and how harsh it was with the perma-death. Learning through trial by error was interesting and just pushing yourself to last a bit longer. But I'd always get too cocky and push to far to fast.

12. Gravity Rush 30+ Hours (Platinum)

Interesting controls and mechanics made it fun to play but combat became a right pain due to the disorientating nature of the camera. This only really became a pain when going for some of the trickier trophies. Other than that I enjoyed it more than I expected.

13. Hotline Miami 20+ Hours (Complete)

An infuriating addictive game that saw me die more times than I can count. My slow and steady approach soon went out the window and I flew through levels in a rage quickly once I realised it was easier.

14. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition 30+ Hours (Platinum)

Missed this first time around so PS4 version was a no brainer for me. Really enjoyed the SP, especially the story. It was interesting to see Lara get slowly battered and bruised throughout the game and how it affected her.

15. Guacamelee 15-20 Hours (Platinum)

Really fun game with some insane platforming sections! The combat became infuriating at times but so rewarding. Brilliant game for the vita.

16. Outlast 5+ Hours (SP complete)

I had to play this game in short bursts as it really got under my skin. It quite quickly got a bit repetitive for me. To much time spent running around in circles trying to find where to go next. If it wasn't for the scares and wanting to see it through to the end just to see how screwed up it was I'd have given up ages ago!

oggob

| MY COMPLETE LIST |

Completion #10 : Game #15 : Danganronpa : Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita | 46hrs | Trophies - 100%)
This was played on the back of Virtue's Last Reward and whilst completely different they have some similar aspects.

Not going into the story too much to avoid spoilerish stuff, but overall I really liked the story even if I did see a number of the twists coming. Loved some of the other ones where I didn't see coming or the game was purposefully trying to pull me in another direction for some reason to then only be explained later on.

Once again you have a diverse bunch of characters, some are ultimately forgettable, but some of them do leave an impression, whether they end up living or dying. Monokuma is the star of the show, that bear is hilarious! I loved what they did with the Ultimate Mastermind in the final trial also, a whole bunch of laughs were had there also.

Story ended up taking 26hrs of my time and another 20hrs were spent in School Mode, which really became a chore getting all the endings and unlocking all the presents. To begin with I was really enjoying the mini 'life-sim' game they had going, but as soon as you hit NG+ it's a breeze.

Sequel due later this year, I will be there Day 1 and hope it is as good as what I've played here.

Gosh, it's been a while. Finally finished game #22: Atelier Escha & Logy for the PS3. Of course, by "finished" I mean I saw an ending, which anyone who's ever played an Atelier game before can tell you is not the whole story by a long shot. I think I've managed to get most of the endings available to Escha's playthrough (though Lucille's ending and by extension the Girls' Association ending may or may not be possible with my current saves), but that still leaves a second playthrough with Logy to pick up everything else. And considering this was the longest first playthrough of an Atelier game I've ever had, I might be here for a while yet.

Aside from Atelier Escha & Logy, there's a whole bunch of half-abandoned games: Bravely Default, which still remains mired somewhere in chapter 3; Descent 2, which I think I left off about halfway through the game; and Final Fantasy XIII-2, which last I left it was trying to bore me to death in Academia 400AF. And then there's Diablo III, which somehow my co-workers have managed to get me back into in a big way. I've managed to power level a new Barbarian character from level 0 to 66 largely on my own (i.e. not at all the fastest way to do it) so I think I would be fine in calling it done, but I need to at least run through Reaper of Souls once and I might as well put off completion until then unless I want to count D3 vanilla and ROS as two games. Who even knows.

Updated post here.

Oh, and P.S. Congratulations, donny2112 for being insane enough to finish 52 games with THREE QUARTERS OF THE YEAR left to go!

Rubius

, but I need to at least run through Reaper of Souls once and I might as well put off completion until then unless I want to count D3 vanilla and ROS as two games. Who even knows.

I would not count DLC and Expansions as games. For example, I wouldnt count Lord of Destruction as it's own game. But hey, you decide that really.

33. Infamous: Second Son
Finished this twice with 100% on Evil and 72% on Good. Solid game, best of the Infamous series.

34. Escape Goat 2
Finished the majority of the levels, all the main ones, saw the credits, just have some secret levels to track down, which I definitely plan to!

dcelw540

1. Last of us new game plus
(Love the game so much!)
2. Assassin Creed 4
(Don`t usually like assassin creed games but this was amazing to play and so much fun!)
3. Battlefield 4
(Some cool parts and features but overall weaker then battlefield`s 3 campaign)
3. Call of duty Ghost
(Eh.. a typical call of duty title)
4. Outlast
(I found it personal just to be alright nothing amazing)
5. Lego marvel
(Super fun and so many unlockables)
6. Transfomers Fall of Cybertron
(More of the same I found but still decent)
7. Lego Movie
(Okay but not the best lego game)
8. Remember Me
(It had great ideas but fell short... hopefully a sequel)
9. Titanfall - both campaigns
(The game doesn`t really have a story.. its an alright game)

StingX2

Game 20: Double Dragon II GB - 2 Hours
(Started 3/26/14 / Finished 3/26/14)
About what I expected. The game was about three levels long and filled with very cheap bosses but they all fall for the classic vertical walking beatdown trick in most beat em ups. Weird to play a Double Dragon game though without a spinning kick, I did have a shoryuken though for some reason.

OP

Game 1 - Yakuza: Dead Souls (Platinum)
Easily the worst game of the series for me. Granted, I've only played 3 & 4 in addition to this. The bulk of my playtime came in 2013, but I know I played through the game at least once on my journey to the maximum level at the beginning of the year. I was yet to secure the platinum on the previous games so that was pretty cool. It's a shame that Yakuza 5 doesn't seem to be heading outside of Asia anytime soon.

Game 2 - The Plan - 10+ minutes
So, you ascend a fly to the skies in this game. Reviews state that it is an emotional experience but I thought that it was a load of tosh. It also crashes at the end..every time.

Game 3 - Jet Set Radio HD (PC) - 18.3 Hours
I saw this on sale for 75p and I just had to buy it. This is the fourth platform that I've played the game on after the Dreamcast, PS3 & Vita. I've seen a lot of people bash this because of the controls or because they couldn't do the 50 trick combo but I've loved it since I was a kid. I only wish there was a proper free mode so that I could pull off infinite combos.

Game 4 - Dust: An Elysian Tale (PC) - 18.6 Hours

Game 5 - Costume Quest (PC) - 24 Hours

Game 6 - South Park: The Stick of Truth (PC) - 44 Hours

Game 7 - Bastion (PC) - 5.4 Hours

Game 8 - Sid Meier's Ace Patrol (PC) - 2.6 Hours

Game 9 - Goat Simulator - 4.3 Hours

Game 10 - Sleeping Dogs - 26 Hours

I'll add comments for the last few at a later date ;)

Rubius

Game 14 : Tearaway - 6-7 ish hours - 26/04/14
If this game came bundled with the Vita, it would really show the potential of the Vita. This game use 100% of what the Vita can do mechanic wise. It use both cameras, the Sixaxis, the buttons, the touch pads and screen. Everything. And it make it part of the gameplay and environment. As far as the game itself goes, it's a platformer with a lot of collectibles and light puzzles. Would recommend to every Vita owners.

Also, man, I would love to have a "time" measurement tool on the Vita and all consoles really. I want to see how much time I played this game.

Lemstar

24: Strider (PS3) - 8h (03/21/14 - 03/26/14)

Don't play it on PS3, if avoidable - the framerate dropping during some of the larger encounters was obnoxious.

Beyond that issue, the game was enjoyable enough - Hiryu's attacks having no weight at all was kind of iffy, but that stopped being much of a problem once enough offensive options showed up that I didn't have to press square constantly just to make progress.

Rubius

Give a rough estimate fi you can.

Raptr can be a good tool to get times on Xbox 360 and PC games. Steam estimates are kinda off but if you go in your profile, you can see a decimal time which help. The Nintendo 3DS, Wii and Wii U all have time measurement software for games, so they are the best time wise.

Weiss

Banned
Game 17: Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 - 40 hours

Having now finished both DDS games, and I can say that I came away from this one a little disappointed. Not that it's a bad game, mind you. It carries over everything I like about the original game with its oppressive atmosphere and killer soundtrack, and while the gameplay was largely unchanged the Press Turn system is still one of my favourite JRPG battle systems,so I didn't want it to change much anyway. I especially liked how at the halfway point the game started
killing off my party members one after the other, since it forced me to adapt my strategies, and how many games have the balls to strip you of your characters for most of the game?

I think my biggest problem is with the pacing. I would have liked to explore Karma City some more and see how the post apocalyptic earth had handled itself, and instead of starting out with the Embryon trying to regroup in this strange, alien world,they reunite off-screen and get an exposition dump from a kid. The pacing problem also has a huge effect on the characters as well, with pivotal scenes like
Heat joining the Karma Society, Roland accepting the Demon Virus, Serph's disappearance into the EGG, Jenna's motivations and relation with Sera,and the whole explanation behind what's going on in the world
being really underplayed and sometimes not happening at all. The Embryon are now a lot more developed than they previously were and have really interesting personalities, but since the story feels so rushed, it ends up making a cast of really compelling, likeable characters feel shortchanged.

So as not to end a downer note, I still loved DDS2 a lot, and the fact that so much good shines through despite the rough spots is a testament to how great the series really was.

KiDdYoNe

#1: Gunpoint - Steam says 3 hours, but i think it's 3,5. 16/01/14
#2: CS:GO - 76 hours... so far.
#3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - 73:01. 23/02/14

Okay, little heads up.

#4: South Park: The Stick of Truth - about 15 hours, 17/03/14

Well, there's nothing to say literally. Just go play it if you're South Park fan. Or not. The game itself is simple, but damn hilarious. Enjoyed it a lot.

#5: Max Payne 3: - about 8 hours, don't remember when.

Same here. You all know Max Payne 3. I just wanted to shoot stuff in style. PS3 version sucks technically, real hard. But still, playable and enjoyable. Dat "Hearts" scene...

#6: Dust: An Elysian Tail - about 13 hours, 18/03/14

That was a big surprise. Bought it long time ago, knew that it's gonna be good, but damn, it turned up pretty awesome. Loved style of the game. Was a really nice experience for me and a little surprise. Thought it's just cool slasher, turned up a bit deeper and greater game.

#7: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - about 3 hours, 19/03/14

This one's pretty strange. Enjoyed a game, but expected something more/else after all the awards. Good game with a nice story and few touching moments. Kinda blew up for me with a couple of ridiculous plot holes. Loved all "brothers" stuff, with the different actions. Good views, nice story, but again - expected more after all the press.

#8: Gone Home - 2 hours, 27/03/14

Welp, that one i loved. Mixed emotions from other people - some said wow, some said shit.... me - FUCKINGSHITWHERESNAPKINDONTLOOKATME. Maybe because of the situation
(about the distance, bitch!)
- have kinda same thing in my life right now, but i really really loved the story. At the begining it was like "damn wtf?", then i was kinda confused and little after just bursts of love and cries and all the shit in the world about the story. And the ending.
I want the same in my life.
Nothing much of a game, but great story and atmosphere. Not sure if everyone will enjoy it, you can try at least - just 2-3 hours anyway.

#9: Rogue Legacy - 18:40, 28/03/14

That was one long game. Im not really into rogue-like games, but i wanted to try this. So, it's been since January for me, lol. Yesterday i was like "okay what's next, maybe i'll rerturn to RL..." and killed two bosses. Last two (forth and you know) fell today. Was kinda surprised about how fast i killed them, looked like comeback time lol. Anyway, very good game. Loved the RPG-system. There's nothing really i can tell, it's just go, try, play, complete. That's it, you'll love it.

So yeah, it was a few indies straight for me. Now i dunno, maybe i'll continue with my Steam backlog, maybe it's time to get back to Demon's Souls... or maybe i need to finally restart my FFXIII playthrough. Anyway, 8 games for me for now.

Sakwoff

I did not get much game playing time recently, but here goes:

Game 4: Kirby's Dream Land 2 (3DS VC) 3:16h

This game was one of my favourite GB games as a child. Until I lost the cartridge that is, never played it since. I recently rebought it digitally on 3DS and played through it. I still love the game. Played through the game once, then went back and collected all the rainbow shards, then beat the true boss. The game is rather easy and short, but getting the drops can actually be pretty challenging. The boss also did take me a few tries until I had the pattern down. Was a nice trip down memory lane. :)

Updated original post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102056810&postcount=756

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
IT'S CALLED STARSHIP EARTH

Phantasy Star Universe (story mode) beaten! Its a total crapfest compared the other modes the game has/had. Also the post-credits plugging of online mode made me rage at Segac all over again. "The network mode is vast and infinite" fuck you segac ;_;

Games Beaten: 14 / 52
Total Playtime: 142 hours, 30 minutes

link!

I would not count DLC and Expansions as games. For example, I wouldnt count Lord of Destruction as it's own game. But hey, you decide that really.

Yeah, in the end I ended up counting my whole time in ROS and D3 vanilla with the same character as one game. That said, I'll probably end up counting both parts of the new Bioshock Infinite DLC, Burial at Sea, as a game (since I think it'll add up to roughly one full game, based on what I've read?).

Game 35: Knack

This game is nothing special, but it's also very playable. I enjoyed playing it and plowed right through it. I also don't understand why people said it was too long. Only complaint is there was some very strangely long load times and weird disc access sounds.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Update:

I am way behind on this now. After starting very well with 5 games in the first two weeks of the year, I went into a period of about 6 weeks where the only games I played was Europa Universalis 4 and Football Manager, both games that can not be completed. Anyways, there is finally time to update this again with two new games both beaten within the last week:

Game 7: New Super Luigi U
# Technically not a new game since this was dlc for the 2012 game New Super Mario U, but with almost 100 completely new levels, it felt good enough for me to include it here. In general, the game is of course very much alike both that particular Mario-game, and the New-series in general, however there are two major changes, one for better, and one for worse. The change for the worse is of course Luigis slippery physics that make him very annoying to control, and that is not made up for by his admitedly useful fluttering. The change for the better is in my opinion how all levels are distilled to their essence - there is quite simply no fat here -.which made it possible for Nintendo to both raise difficulty and make the game much more interesting. I personally feel most games have way to much filler stuff, and while Nintendo in general is good at avoiding this, NSLU is probably the best plattformer I have played in this regard. No boring levels, no easy levels, almost no unimaginative levels. Too bad the Luigi-physics suck. Completed with 5 stars. 8/10

Game 6: Final Fantasy III
# I played the DS-version of this NES classic, and while I feel the remake adds quite a few useless things (like the backstory to the four main characters), the game does indeed hold up very well, and is both fun to play, have lots of interesting systems and nice secrets to explore. It is also quite challenging (although not nearly as much as the NES original), which makes it much more fun than most jrpg's that way to often become a snooze-fest outside of some bosses. The famous job-system that is popularized in games like FFV and the recent Bravely Default got its start here, and I think it works very well, even though the balance seemed a bit off with physical attacks being almost always better than magical and quite a few jobs turning out to be useless. Anyways, a very good game all in all, the best Final Fantasy for the 8-bit wonder and still a very worthwhile experience for fans of Final Fantasy, the genre and just people interested in video game history in general. 8/10

Game 5: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
# The first Castlevania on the gba was also the last Igavania i hadnt completed untill now. For its time it was probably pretty great, but seen in the light of its far superior sequels, this one feels pretty poor now unfortunately. The music is great, but the level design feels very random, and the DSS-system is very poorly thought out. On the plus side, the game is much more challenging than later games, thanks to it being pretty hard to stock up on potions and such, making the game really satisfying to conquer. 6/10

Game 4: Sonic Advance
# I always loved the 2D Sonic games on the Mega Drive, and have for a long time been thinking about trying out the games available for the GBA. I think the game was pretty fun, although, most zones were way to easy. I remember back in Sonic 1, you was somewhat challenged already on the second zone (Marble Zone), but here, only the sixth and final zone was difficult enough to kill you - and then mostly from cheap speeding to your death-kills. Anyways, the zones themselves were large and well made, with opportunity for both exploration and speeding through, which is just how I like my sonic-games. Looking forward to check out the sequel later this year! 5/10

Game 3: Wario Land 4
# I never liked the original Wario Land, and was therefore not very interested in its sequels. However, thanks to a recent episode of retronauts, I decided to pick up a few of them. I found Wario Land 2 to be well crafted, but a bit boring, but Wario Land 3 and 4 seriously blew my mind with their awesomness. Where WL3 played a bit like a metroidvania-game, earning new abilities, and having you really think and explore, WL4 was more of a regular plattformer. While a bit on the easy side, the level design was just so masterful that it was hard not to love it. Definitely recommended for everybody! 9/10

Game 2: NES Remix
# Completed everything with three stars. Very, very cool game to play in small sessions. Hope they make a sequel with second generation Nes-games! 8/10

Game 1: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
# Got to the credits in the World Tour mode, and even continued a bit beyond that. Amazing game that is probably one of my favorite racers of all time. 9/10

StingX2

Game 21: Steamworld Dig - 3:30
(Started 3/26/14 / Finished 3/29/14)
Metroid meets Minecraft in this indie game starring robots in the west. It isn't a terrible game but the game can get boring and thankfully the relief is the metroid like upgrades to make traversal easier. The game has a single boss, a boring story, and enemies that don't feel like fighting until the end act of the game. Enjoyable but I wouldn't likely buy a sequel unless it was dirt cheap.

original post

Game 10: Half-Life - 8 hours

One of my perennial favorites. Half-life truly is one of the greatest games ever made. The story is fantastic. The gameplay is still tight and holds up today. The graphics, while rudimentary are servicable. All in all, still fantastic this many years after its initial release. I will be delving back into another run of Half-Life 2 soon because this series is still dear to my heart.

Main Post Link

FluxWaveZ

Game 11 done.
Game 11: Dark Souls II - 51:27:36 (March 29)
# This was my second favorite Souls game after Demon's Souls. For some reason, Dark Souls' connected overworld, along with inferior network implementation to the previous game, turned me off and I eventually stopped playing 3/4 into the game and haven't gone back yet. It might be because of bonfire transportation being available right at the beginning of the game, but I was into DSII right from the beginning and even though I grew a bit weary of it near the end, it was an overall enjoyable experience. I probably won't do any New Game + content anytime soon.

Man, at the rate I'm going, I won't be able to finish 52 games this year. Bravely Default and Dark Souls II were some long ass games. I'm hoping my next game, inFamous: Second Son, is going to be a good change of pace.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
"Snake, we don't need a rat trap. We need someone to stop that godamn nuke from getting launched!"
lol'd so hard at this codec. Colonel saying rat trap an sounding so irritated was great. Metal Gear Solid's still pretty good!

Games Beaten: 15 / 52
Total Playtime: 150 hours, 43 minutes

link!

Bii

(Wanted to wait till a new page, since it's less scrolling to find post to update.)

Wow. Looks like you're done with this challenge. Though, I'd like to see your final tally at the end of the year. XD

----------

Game 15: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (PC) - Approximately 8.0 hours played

# Finished Act V on Hard with my level 49 Monk. Time to dabble in Adventure mode and get my character to level 70!

Original post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95490358&postcount=198

Yasawas

Game 17: Dark Souls 2 (PS3) - Completed 30/3/14. 71:35

A worthy sequel to my favourite game. Played it blind, took my time, explored everywhere, and in my first wee glance at the wiki I can see I missed at least three bosses :) Planning to respec as a STR build, mop up the trophies I can then start a NG as a magic user as I didn't do any of that on this playthrough. A magnificent achievement from FROM to live up to my expectations.

Original post.

Kalor

I've mostly been starting games this month rather than going through my backlog.

10. Picrosse3 8/3/14
11. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger 15/3/14
12. Dysfunctional Systems Episode 1 17/3/14
13. Steamworld Dig 23/3/14
14. Runner 2 28/3/14
15. Bioshock Infinite 29/3/14

At this rate I should hit 30 games by June or July depending on what games get my interest.

Adahn

Original Post

Total: 17/52

March's games:

Game 13: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PS3) 6 hours (this year)

Wow. Just wow. I'd started this last year, but for various reasons I'd parked it until I had a clear diary to pick it up and give it the attention it deserves. I think the only thing wrong for me was that it felt as if it started a bit slow, but once you unlocked some weapon upgrade everything started to drop into place. The number of 80s references, the colour palette, the dialogue, everything was spot on, and the campaign missions were just excellent. Probably my favourite last mission for a long time too.

Game 14: Alpha Prime (PC) c. 5 hours

Talk about stunner to stinker. I had a rare night free and decided to find something from my backlog that I'd not touched and could be completed in one sitting. A few google searches later and I dug this out of my Steam library and got on with it. And it ended up being one of the worst FPSs I've had the misfortune to play in ages. The dialogue was awfully written (or potentially just translated poorly) and the acting aimed for noir and hit dire. The gunplay itself felt weak, with stupidly strong enemies on any difficulty and poor convention bending changes (two headshots from a sniper rifle required, even on easy! Two!). If that wasn't bad enough, the odd physics puzzle just made things even worse, and the less you remind me of the 'run for the oxygen machine!' mechanic the better. Last boss was alright though.

Redux: Game 10: Ys: Memories of Celceta New Game+ (Vita) c. 10 hours

Another run through on NG+ mainly for the plat, but also because I just wanted to run through Nightmare to see how hard the bosses got. With maxed out characters/weapons/armour/good items it was a bit of a cake walk really

Game 15: TxK (Vita) c 8 hours

So, I finished all the levels on the Classic mode, and I'm counting that as the completion here. I did hit level 71 on Pure too, which was nice, but I don't think I'll really return to that or Survival to try full runs in those modes. This is an awesome, awesome game, and if you have a Vita and any kind of love for retro gaming you need to be downloading this right now. It's lovely to be able to return to past levels and suddenly be able to nail them with your newly acquired skill, especially ones that may have felt stupid difficult the first time round. TxK never really felt unfair, and for me it brings the whole tunnel shooter thing back onto the gaming map. Oh, and the soundtrack is great too - 'banging', I believe may be an appropriate term.

Game 16: The Banner Saga (PC) 11 hours

This really delivered for me on the artistic side of things, combining some great art direction with seemingly simplistic strategy gameplay that turns out to be anything but. There is a lack of shine in some places, and I think the title would have benefitted from some additional balance work in the later chapters where certain decisions can leave you with little to do apart from watching a crawling caravan for some time, but the mixture of CYOA and battles that punish stupidity had me hooked throughout.

Game 17: Resistance: Burning Skies (Vita) 10 hours

I'd wanted to try this out for quite a while now, and ended up getting it digitally in a PSN sale last year. I knew it was short, but wanted to concentrate on playing it fully rather than piecemeal, so only just got around to it. I think some of the lower (<6) review scores were very unfair to it, and while it's a very generic shooter in terms of graphics, level layout and enemy AI that feeling of a real FPS on a handheld is still great (and yes, I've played KZ:M so I know how it should have been done ;p) The weapons in particular were great, the upgrade system allowing you to put your own mark on each of them and I found the use of the touchscreen for special secondary stuff to be non-intrusive. I think the story seems to fit well within the wider Resistance world, but more really should have been done to ensure that this was the big name spectacle that everyone was hoping for

lordxar

Up to a dozen. Been focusing on quality over quantity though.

1. BF4 is platted now
2. MGS GZ is beaten a couple times
3. Infamous SS is platted
4. South Park is beaten
5. Injustice beaten
6. Lego Marvel platted
7. Knack beaten
8. KZ SF platted
9. Urban Trials Freestyle beaten
10. Tomb Raider beaten
11. Contrast amassed all trophies
12. Playroom beaten up to the ninja DLC

Strider I'm stuck on the last elevator
Dark Souls 2 I need to work on
COD Ghosts I may try and plat

I beat Walking Dead Season 2 Ep 2 today, simply updated the spot for that one, I'm going to count the whole season as one game.

Also finally got around to Wolf Among Us Ep 2, after replaying Ep 1. I had read all of Fables between playing the two eps so naturally I needed to replay Ep 1 with that knowledge in mind. I really love that series. Game 36 will also be the entire season as it comes out.

Game 36: Wolf Among Us Eps 1 & 2

Edit: I also went back and edited my game times, some estimates, some off Steam. 331 hours.

Original Post

43. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands(PS3) - March 29th -Time: 5.5hrs(est.)
I managed to blast through this since I had already finished it twice on the PC version last year so the game was still very fresh in my memory.

I actually ended up platinuming this game as well, it's my first platinum on my new PSN account, so that's cool(The process of getting the platinum took me around 10 hours and a bit, it's not a very challenging platinum)

44. Catherine(PS3) - March 31st -Time: 12.5hrs
I decided to buy this game after watching a let's play of it by BrainScratchComms and they made it look very interesting and I thought it was going to be pretty standard stuff as far as discussions of relationships go, but man, this game is crazy.

It's also the first Atlus game I've finished(I got the normal lover ending if anyone is curious)

I was afraid I wouldn't be able to finish this game before March ends, but thankfully I did and it's the 10th game I've finished this month now, yay!

Only 8 games left to go!

Axass

Ok, I'm terribly behind, especially since I got sidetracked by Twitch Play Pokémon: due to it I started my first Pokémon game ever (FireRed)! Though I'm stuck at grinding the Elite 4... stupid Lance... grrr

In the meantime I went ahead and finished a bunch of quick games while also slowly advancing in my Super Paper Mario replay and in Metroid Prime 2. I think I'm gonna tacke a few great but short indies on Steam next, so I can up my number of completed games.

Game 06: Air Traffic Chaos - 8/10 - 22:06
Completed all the airports at every difficulty and got 8 different titles. The game is weird, with almost no attention to the graphical presentation, which is barebone and very uninspired (feels like a bargain bin game); it has one of the craziest difficulty spikes I've ever witnessed: easy mode will bore you out of your mind, but it's needed to play the higher difficulties, from medium and onwards though the game becomes very tricky and you're always a move away from failing. In fact you fail a lot and the game becomes a colossal time sinker: you can't stop yourself from restarting again and again because the game is very fair, even if hard, and you always think that if you correct that little mistake you've made you can do it.

Game 07: Broken Age - Act 1 [with gf] - 7,5-8/10 - 5:18
Somehow a disappointment: I grew with Curse of Monkey Island, I later played all the Lucasarts classics, and many other adventure games, when I heard about Tim Schafer's kickstarter I really hoped for an old-school adventure game... but this wasn't the case. It's actually the opposite, the game is very streamlined, the settings not big enough, the puzzles too easy (never got stuck once), the dialogues options too simplified, the interactions too limited and the characters not wacky enough. It fails to recapture everything that made the genre great: I think that, to choose a recent example, Deponia is a much better adventure, that stays closer to the roots of the genre, while also innovating. The artistic presentation is charming, the possibility of switching characters is a good gimmick, the plot neat so far, but that's not enough to create a great adventure, just an average one. The length is abysmal, of course it's only part 1, but even taking into account part 2, the game shouldn't be more than 10 hours: where did the $3+ millions went? Especially since they had to search for even more money later on...

I've seen this topic loads but never read it before. I can definitely get behind this as I like having a record of games I've completed, and I'm trying to work through my backlog before moving on to next gen. I'll refer back to my trophy list to know exactly what I've played and finished.

1. Muramasa Rebirth - 10th Jan - approx 10 hours
I bought this digitally in a sale before Christmas for £10. I really enjoyed it overall; terrific visuals, wonderful combat and character control and a nice range of optional things to do adding a bit of depth. Some excellent boss battles too, and characters that I came to quite like. 7/10

2. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PS3) - 17th Jan - approx 7-8 hours
Another sale purchase; I think this was about £3.50. An excellent game in most regards; I particularly enjoyed the storytelling structure and the level design and set-pieces were really inventive and interesting too. Sadly overshadowed by Blood Dragon, but I thought overall this was probably the better game. 8/10

3. Jacob Jones & the Bigfoot Mystery (Vita) - 24th Jan - approx 3 hours
A wonderful little puzzle adventure that was amazing value for money. Great visuals and presentation, a funny script and a surprisingly generous amount of content. I look forward to the next episode. 8/10

4. LittleBigPlanet PS Vita - 8th Feb - approx 8 hours
I enjoyed both of the main games on PS3, but thought this was even better. It had really inventive use of the Vita's functions without ever feeling intrusive and some wonderful level design (both developer and community). 8/10

5. The Last of Us: Left Behind - 21st Feb - 3 hours
Just amazing. TLoU was my favourite big budget game of last year, and this was a perfect accompaniment. I loved being back in that world, I love the gameplay and tools which are part of the TLoU gameplay and it was one of the rare instances of DLC not feeling like a shallow cash-grab. 9/10

6. Dead Island (PS3) - 4th March - 22 hours
I started this months ago but just got around to finishing it a few weeks ago. Loved it initially but I actually felt like it dragged on too long and I would have preferred it end about 33% sooner. It was shonky as hell and there's lots to fix in any future instalments (I understand Riptide fixed very little), but I did enjoy it and I think Techland are a lot more talented than they get credit for. 7/10

7. Spec Ops: The Line (PS3) - 6th March - approx 5 hours
I basically ran through this on Easy as fast as possible to experience the story and have a breather between longer games. I enjoyed it for what it was; the story was good, the shooting and character controls were solid and mechanically it had some interesting ideas. 7/10

8. Retro City Rampage (Vita) - 7th March - approx 6 hours
I didn't finish this as I stopped playing on what I later found out was the last boss. Initially I really enjoyed it, after a while I grew tired of what I felt was a lack of substance outside of 80s and 90s references, and by the end of the game I began to hate it. About 1-2 hours before the end it gets crazily difficult and not at all fun, and that pretty much ruined my opinion of the entire game. 6/10

9. Uncharted: Golden Abyss - 13th March - approx 10-12 hours
This was another I started last year and came back to finish, and similarly I felt it too outstayed its welcome by a couple of hours. It was a solid Uncharted game, more or less on par with the original, although there's almost no variation in the gameplay and I felt it got tired faster than the others. A couple of nice uses of the Vita features but overall not especially memorable. 7.5/10

10. Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (Vita) - 17th March - approx 6-7 hours
I really enjoyed this game, from the visuals and soundtrack (loved the music and animated cutscenes), the lite-puzzling and the cool jetpack sections. Reminded me of SNES-era platformers like Flashback and Another World. 8/10

11. Luftrausers (Vita) - 22nd March - approx. 5 hours
I'm not sure there's any kind of 'end game' state or whether it just goes on forever, but I put lots of time into this and probably won't be going back besides odd plays here and there. Really excellent gameplay, great reward and progression system and very addictive to boot. A quality game, as one would expect from Vlambeer. 8/10

12. SteamWorld Dig (Vita) - 29th March - 6 hours
Adored this game; I knew nothing about it before it launched on Vita and bought it pretty much on a whim. Everything about it was honed almost to perfection - visuals, controls, character progression and upgrades, soundtrack, etc. It was so well designed it felt like a Nintendo game at times. Loved it, and I can't wait for what Image & Form do next. I'll be there day one. 8.5/10

13. Metal Gear Rising - 4th April - approx 6 hours
Normally I really enjoy Platinum's output, but I had really mixed feelings about this overall. The combat was really awesome and the presentation was very cool, but in other key aspects I felt like it was really lacking, such as overly simplistic and dull level design, poor characterisation and, contrary to most opinions, several annoying boss battles. 7/10

14. Eufloria HD (Vita) - 6th April - approx. 6-8 hours
I didn't complete this but I put a fair amount of time into it and I don't see myself going back. It's an excellent RTS/base defence game with lots of interesting gameplay aspects, really great art style and excellent use of the touch interface. 8/10

15. Metal Gear Solid 2 HD (Vita) - 20th April - approx 9 hours
Didn't like it very much back in 2002; still not sure about it all these years later. Some cool sections, gameplay that's a clear step up from its predecessor and on the whole it's aged very well, but an absolutely fucking bullshit crazy plot, a structure that's far too similar to MGS1 (I know it's deliberate for narrative reasons, but it's still weak) and overall it's just not as memorable or clever as the first game. Still one of my most disappointing sequels, alongside Halo 2, Soul Reaver 2 and Red Faction 2. 7/10

16. Urban Trial Freestyle (Vita) - 12th May - approx. 8-10 hours
I haven't finished this but I don't see myself getting any further so I'll consider it done with. Not a bad game, but lacking in content and stylistically a bit ugly and charmless. I also find the bounce pads horribly glitchy and useless. 6/10

17. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3) - 25th June - 130 hours
Got the Platinum trophy, I finished all of the main game content, although I have not finished all the Dark Arisen content yet. Absolutely adored this game in almost every regard, from the combat, the game world, the enemy encounters, the exploration and discovery, the customisation, the depth and even the surprisingly decent plot. Such a brilliant game, one of my favourites of the generation and I really hope there's a sequel. 9/10

18. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Vita) - 29th June - approx. 10 hours
I'll paraphrase a lengthy post I made earlier today:
It's a really good game in most regards, but not as good as the Burnouts and a few minor annoyances kept it from greatness in my opinion. A big part of what I missed was the massive and detailed crashes from the Burnout games, and I wished they weren't using licensed vehicles as the cosmetic damage was really weak. 7/10

19. Tearaway (Platinumed) - 23rd July - approx. 15 (?) hours
I finished this game when it came out late last year, but I went back to finish up. Absolutely adored pretty much everything, it may well be the cutest and most likeable game I've ever played and I'll probably double dip on the PS4 remix. Easily one of the best Vita games. 9/10

20. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) - 29th July - approx. 35 hours
I was apprehensive over this as I didn't really enjoy IV, but it was amazing in almost every regard and improved on its predecessor in almost every meaningful way. The biggest star for me was the amazing gameworld and the physics which help it feel so grounded and fun. An astonishing achievement that really raises the bar for its genre. 9.5/10

21. Rogue Legacy (Vita) - 13th August - approx. 20 hours
A disclaimer; I got to the final boss but couldn't quite beat it and have probably lost the enthusiasm to revisit the game and finish up now. Regardless, I really enjoyed the game, with butter smooth controls, an excellent character progression system, fun combat and enemies and great presentation. Probably the best Roguelike I've played. 8/10

22. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3) - 17th September - approx. 10 hours
I'm not a big fan of the typical modern war FPS, but this exceeded all my expectations. The campaign was open enough to feel dynamic yet straightforward enough to feel purposeful, and I thought the characters were fun and likeable without being obnoxious. Controls were great, level design was excellent and there's a lot of variety to the mission design. I played maybe a couple of hours of the multiplayer as well which was a lot of fun even though one of the game modes seems to go on forever. But it's fast and fun and the demolition really makes it feel open-ended, and as a noob in online MP I found a fair amount of success. A really strong FPS in almost every regard. 8/10

23. Aliens: Colonial Marines (PS3) - 24th September - approx. 8 hours
I had pretty low expectations for this, but it honestly wasn't as bad as I expected. I thought they nailed a lot of the aesthetics, atmosphere and feel of the film, but it was sloppy execution and weird design decisions that dragged the whole game down. I couldn't get a multiplayer game on the couple of times I tried, so can't comment on that, but honestly on the whole this was merely average and not as bad as I'd been led to believe. 5/10

24. Tekken Revolution (PS3) - 24th September - approx. 4 hours
I haven't 'finished' this so to speak, but I doubt I'll play it again. Played the single player Arcade mode a bunch of times, and had a few fights online. It's pretty decent for an F2P game, and the amount of content is not bad, although £4 per character is pretty absurd and I probably would have put a bit of money into it had it been cheaper. I'm not a big fighting game fan, but this was pretty generous for free. 7/10

25. Murasaki Baby - 27th September - approx. 3 hours
I'll C&P a post I made in the game's OT: Finished it now, a really nice little game with some great ideas and neat puzzles, but I didn't always feel as in control as I would have liked. In fact, my favourite section might have been the tentacle pram, because it's the only place in the game I was genuinely in full control, rather than having to use the front or rear touch screens. Great ending song too. I give this wonderful little oddity two tentacle masks out of purple. (also known as 8/10)

26. Entwined (Vita) - 14th October - approx. 1 hour
A very pretty, relaxing and enjoyable game from new development team Pixelopus. Perhaps a little too simplistic overall though, and fairly slight on content. 6.5/10

27. Just Cause 2 (PS3) - 25th October - approx. 20 hours
Just batshit crazy OTT fun. Very enjoyable to mess around with the physics and tools, and a really enjoyable and vast gameworld. It's got a seriously impressive engine too. 8/10

28. Velocity 2X (Vita) - 28th October - approx. 5 hours
Excellent stuff; a very enjoyable shmup-come-platformer, starring one of my favourite protagonists in a long while and some really impressive gameplay strides over its predecessor. One of the best games of the year so far. 8/10

29. Mass Effect (PS3) - 6th November - approx. 27 hours
I really enjoyed this and I'm now questioning why it took me so long to play it. I absolutely love the world Bioware built, the technology and different alien races, and even though I already know the trilogy's whole story, I really like the storytelling and sense of mystery and the reveals towards the end. The Mako sections were decent and gave a sense of exploration and variety, I liked being able to 'explore' the galaxy even though it was through menus and I thought the politics between the different races were really interesting. It lacked polish in some areas, I didn't like some characters (Ashley and Kaiden mainly) and I thought the romance stuff was pretty fucking awful (right after giving my crew a pep talk about the final battle Kaiden was like "We have to talk do you love me or not I neeeed to know!!"), but overall this was such a great game and possibly my favourite sci-fi universe ever. I've already started ME2 with my imported character and decisions, and it's a nice feeling to know that things I did in the first game will ripple into the second game. And one last thing; I had to reload an old save and play about two hours in order to
save Wrex
, and it was absolutely worth it. 8.5/10

30. Journey (PS3) - 8th November - approx. 80 minutes
I played through this at the weekend with my 4 year old daughter, and it was such a nice experience. She really loved it, kept thanking me for buying her this lovely game, and was really hoping we would make it to the top of the mountain. She loved all the cloth animals that fly around and help you, and that getting a big scarf makes you fly higher, and we even spent some time trying to interpret the plot together. I try to shield her from the concept of death, but she understood that some of the murals were signifying people had died and I told her that I thought the person was trying to get to the top of the mountain so they could travel to the stars and be with their friends and family. It was so nice and she really enjoyed it, and gave me a big hug afterwards. Elsewhere, I think this second play-through made me appreciate it all the more and it's probably one of my favourite games on the PS3. 9/10

31. Mass Effect 2 (PS3) - 25th November - 34 hours
A great game overall with some solid improvements over the first, and some streamlining that IMO took away away a lot of that game's depth. I felt like ME1 was a decent RPG that was a bit clunky in some regards, while ME2 felt more like a third person shooter with lots of conversations and not really much of a plot. Nonetheless I did enjoy the experience and I adore the series' universe. It does feel very epic and I like the scale and overriding plot about the Reapers, but narratively this episode felt pretty inconsequential and it pretty much ends at the same place the first game does. 8/10

32. Mass Effect 3 (PS3) - 11th December - approx. 25 hours
A good game overall but it's my least favourite in the series, and that's not just because of the ending. I do love the universe Bioware created and got genuinely attached to some of the characters like Garrus, Mordin and Wrex. The general plot was kind of nonsense and I didn't really like the tone either, as there were too many side missions and no sense of urgency. I also didn't enjoy the combat as much as ME2, and felt like there were too many rooms that you walk into and fend off waves of enemies, and many of those enemies are horrible bastard bullet sponges that just are not fun to fight. 7.5/10

33. Lego Batman 2 (Vita) - 29th December - approx. 6 hours
I've never really liked the Lego games, although this is the first I played to completion. I found it really bland, unimaginatively designed and was surprised by the number of glitches too (three or four times events would not trigger so I couldn't progress). The premise is kind of fun and I liked it poking fun at itself, but aside from a couple of fun chase sequences and boss fights I found the level design to be pretty poor overall and very repetitive. I liked that they used Elfman's music from the original Batman films (I think at one point I maybe even heard a bit of Forever soundtrack in there too) and the voicework was good, but overall it's a really mediocre game that feels just like the other Lego games I've played with a pallet swap. 5/10

Slixshot

Banned
I've seen this topic loads but never read it before. I can definitely get behind this as I like having a record of games I've completed, and I'm trying to work through my backlog before moving on to next gen. I'll refer back to my trophy list to know exactly what I've played and finished.

1. Muramasa Rebirth - 10th Jan - approx 10 hours
I bought this digitally in a sale before Christmas for £10. I really enjoyed it overall; terrific visuals, wonderful combat and character control and a nice range of optional things to do adding a bit of depth. Some excellent boss battles too, and characters that I came to quite like.

2. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PS3) - 17th Jan - approx 7-8 hours
Another sale purchase; I think this was about £3.50. An excellent game in most regards; I particularly enjoyed the storytelling structure and the level design and set-pieces were really inventive and interesting too. Sadly overshadowed by Blood Dragon, but I thought overall this was probably the better game.

3. Jacob Jones & the Bigfoot Mystery (Vita) - 24th Jan - approx 3 hours
A wonderful little puzzle adventure that was amazing value for money. Great visuals and presentation, a funny script and a surprisingly generous amount of content. I look forward to the next episode.

4. LittleBigPlanet PS Vita - 8th Feb - approx 8 hours
I enjoyed both of the main games on PS3, but thought this was even better. It had really inventive use of the Vita's functions without ever feeling intrusive and some wonderful level design (both developer and community).

5. The Last of Us: Left Behind - 21st Feb - 3 hours
Just amazing. TLoU was my favourite big budget game of last year, and this was a perfect accompaniment. I loved being back in that world, I love the gameplay and tools which are part of the TLoU gameplay and it was one of the rare instances of DLC not feeling like a shallow cash-grab.

6. Dead Island (PS3) - 4th March - 22 hours
I started this months ago but just got around to finishing it a few weeks ago. Loved it initially but I actually felt like it dragged on too long and I would have preferred it end about 33% sooner. It was shonky as hell and there's lots to fix in any future instalments (I understand Riptide fixed very little), but I did enjoy it and I think Techland are a lot more talented than they get credit for.

7. Spec Ops: The Line (PS3) - 6th March - approx 5 hours
I basically ran through this on Easy as fast as possible to experience the story and have a breather between longer games. I enjoyed it for what it was; the story was good, the shooting and character controls were solid and mechanically it had some interesting ideas.

8. Retro City Rampage (Vita) - 7th March - approx 6 hours
I didn't finish this as I stopped playing on what I later found out was the last boss. Initially I really enjoyed it, after a while I grew tired of what I felt was a lack of substance outside of 80s and 90s references, and by the end of the game I began to hate it. About 1-2 hours before the end it gets crazily difficult and not at all fun, and that pretty much ruined my opinion of the entire game.

9. Uncharted: Golden Abyss - 13th March - approx 10-12 hours
This was another I started last year and came back to finish, and similarly I felt it too outstayed its welcome by a couple of hours. It was a solid Uncharted game, more or less on par with the original, although there's almost no variation in the gameplay and I felt it got tired faster than the others. A couple of nice uses of the Vita features but overall not especially memorable.

10: Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (Vita) - 17th March - approx 6-7 hours
I really enjoyed this game, from the visuals and soundtrack (loved the music and animated cutscenes), the lite-puzzling and the cool jetpack sections. Reminded me of SNES-era platformers like Flashback and Another World.

11: SteamWorld Dig (Vita) - 29th March - 6 hours
Adored this game; I knew nothing about it before it launched on Vita and bought it pretty much on a whim. Everything about it was honed almost to perfection - visuals, controls, character progression and upgrades, soundtrack, etc. It was so well designed it felt like a Nintendo game at times. Loved it, and I can't wait for what Image & Form do next. I'll be there day one.

I like the way you write about games. It seems like they truly make you happy, which is a breath of fresh air on this forum :)

donny2112

Game 4: Kirby's Dream Land 2 (3DS VC) 3:16h

This game was one of my favourite GB games as a child. Until I lost the cartridge that is, never played it since. I recently rebought it digitally on 3DS and played through it. I still love the game. Played through the game once, then went back and collected all the rainbow shards, then beat the true boss. The game is rather easy and short, but getting the drops can actually be pretty challenging. The boss also did take me a few tries until I had the pattern down. Was a nice trip down memory lane. :)

Played through most of the Kirby Collection on Wii, and Dream Land 2 has been my favorite of the bunch, as well. Love the animals here (without having to get into the tons of animal combinations with Dream Land 3). :)

Game 11: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box - 17 hours 04 minutes

There is something very special about the Layton games. They're very fun, well thought out and utterly addicting once you get engrossed into them. The anime cutscenes that happen at regular intervals are a joy to watch. These always remind me of a revival of the adventure game genre with a special hint of brainteasing goodness as well. They feel fair, though some of the puzzles can be frustrating at times. There is a good variety of puzzle types in each game that feels like there is something for everyone in regards to finding one to be good at.

The story in Diabolical box is arguably better than the previous entry. I enjoyed the story of a potentially lethal mystery artifact. It all felt much more Indiana Jones than the previous game. It had good sequences and kept me guessing the whole way. Definitely a recommended entry.

Main Post Link

I like the way you write about games. It seems like they truly make you happy, which is a breath of fresh air on this forum :)

I do sometimes get jaded about what to play, but I think it helps at the moment that I'm playing through my backlog and making good progress. I'm trying to focus on one game at a time (doesn't always work, but hey ho), and I'm mainly playing on my Vita which is pretty much my favourite platform ever at the moment.

daveo42

Banned
Full Updated List

Game 9: Infamous Second Son - ~15hrs - In Progress

Completed the game once on Good and am now on my 2nd playthrough to get 100% and beat the Evil campaign. Had a real blast with it so far. Loved all of the powers and the variation that came with it. Story was really good, but I'm looking forward to seeing just how much better the Evil storyline ends up being. Hopefully Expert doesn't give me too much difficulty.

Also, game just looks beautiful. Truly a next-gen masterpiece oozing with eye candy galore.

Game 10: MGSV: Ground Zeros - 2 hours - In Progress

Beat the main mission. Loved all of the extra info given about the characters and the mission briefings. The game itself just felt right in terms of movement and stealth. Plan on going through all of the side missions before hanging this up.

Game 11: Steins;Gate VN - 4 hours - In Progress

Steins;Gate was one of my favorite anime ever as it combines some really good drama, comedy, and science all together into one brilliant package. The VN, which we have missed on until now State-side, just feels right all the way through. Currently working on my first playthrough and going at it completely blind on what conclusion I will eventually reach. Subsequent playthroughs will be done with a guide.

StingX2

Game 22: Banishing Racer - 2 Hours
(Started 3/31/14 / Finished 4/1/14)
Weird Japanese platformer about a car traveling across America. It would be frustrating if it weren't for the fact every 4 enemies you jump on (and you get a lot of hang time) earns you a 1UP. Despite there not being checkpoints its hard to run out of lives.

OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom