• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 PS4 Exclusives That Should NOT Return on PS5

A sequel to infamous second son is what I have been waiting for, for most of this gen. Second son felt like a tech demo for the ps4 so I was really hoping for them to expand/ improve that world.

one of the few original super hero ideas(after the classics) that actually was awesome

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Was expected to roll my eyes, but honestly I would be fine with your choices. Nice work OP 👏. Clear them out and bring on the new IPs.

Wunray

No more gravity Rush ?? Nah man Gravity rush deservers another chance to make it big it's a good series and so does killzone.......ok maybe not kill zone but I expect my infamous to be ready by year 2, 3 the latest.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Opinions on PlayStation that should be ignored

1. Comicbook.com

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Agree with every game in general but with that said, if the next Uncharted game is Lost Legacy 2, then hell yeah!!! If it's Uncharted 5 and fucking Drake and company, it can stay dead and buried.

No interest in Killzone but I am expecting that the second team at Guerrilla is possibly working on Killzone 5 (or a new FPS IP) and if that ends up being the case, it needs to be rebooted.

I actually want Knack 3 but only if it's PS4 to wrap up the few story lines that weren't concluded and to keep the trilogy on PS4. Also, PS5 is reserved for Ratchet & Clank 2.

Death Stranding, Infamous and Gravity Rush are basically dead.

Don’t even try resurrecting Killzone, it’s DOA. Call of Duty is so dominating that genre right now, it’s not even funny. I mean, they did that for the last 12 years but with MW 2019 they kicked it out of the park. It’s not worth making game worth 10s of millions funded by Sony just to sell mere 2-3 million. Just stick to Horizon 2 and make it as great as possible, foundation is already fantastic.

New IPs is where it’s at. Make some really good AAA platformer to challenge Nintendo for example. Make next GT great again by shifting it away from multiplayer-centric e-sports focused game because their plan with GT Sport kinda failed.

Bolivar687

Banned
Wow miss me with that awful Killzone take. KZ2 is a classic and KZ3 was pretty good. Mercenary on Vita was pure sorcery.

Shadow Fall was rushed and I'd love to see Sony redeem it with a good new Killzone.

Although I would agree with Uncharted having lost much of its cachet, it would still have more pull than Halo, Forza and Gears. Sticking to those three as tent-pole franchises is holding Microsoft back. None of those games listed has grown anywhere near as stale.

Zannegan

inFamous is one of my favorite Sony series. If they weren't going to make any more just becayuse they also have Spiderman in their stable of IPs, that would be really, really stupid.

Not to take away from Spiderman, but inFamous has the potential to be fresh every entry with a new set of powers and an all-new environment, and draining "elements" from the environment is a really neat core mechanic that brings a unique balance to the gameplay. Plus, Sony/Disney will never let Spidey go bad, where inFamous heroes can be a little (or a lot) more morally grey.

Spiderman is great, but inFamous has a lot to offer too. Who is this rando with the bad opinions?

Fbh

I'd love to see a new killzone.
While not perfect I really liked 2 and 3 and even enjoyed Shadow Fall more than most. The world is still really cool and I think there's still more they could do with it.

Other than that I wouldn't really care if we don't see the other franchises from that list next gen .

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Also, ComicBook.com is pretty shitty. Not saying some of these opinions I totally disagree with, but yeah. Fuck that BuzzFeed-ass site.

bender

What time is it?
With all due respect to Knack (haven't played), those are six series I will not return to.

Azurro

Banned
Is this for real?

No Uncharted, Gravity Rush, or Infamous on PS5?

That’s absurd IMO. All those studios can release other games next gen and still make a sequel of said fanchises.

I mean, its his opinion, thats cool. But I disagree completely

I actually, kind of agree. I think Uncharted has run its course and it would be incredibly corny if the next game was the daughter going on adventures just like his dad. And besides, if Druckmann was involved, you know the game would be a huge SJW project.

Gravity Rush 2 I bought after all the praise from its fanboys but oh god, one of the most boring games I've ever played, and it's all wrapped up in generic anime characters and plot...and I even like anime, it's just awful.

Infamous...yeah, we have Spiderman now, let's stick with that.

Wunray

I actually, kind of agree. I think Uncharted has run its course and it would be incredibly corny if the next game was the daughter going on adventures just like his dad. And besides, if Druckmann was involved, you know the game would be a huge SJW project.

Gravity Rush 2 I bought after all the praise from its fanboys but oh god, one of the most boring games I've ever played, and it's all wrapped up in generic anime characters and plot...and I even like anime, it's just awful.

Infamous...yeah, we have Spiderman now, let's stick with that.
whynotboth.gif

ZywyPL

Banned
Agree with the list, I'd also add TO1887 to it. DS is controversial, but I agree it would be interesting to see Kojima trying something new/different. But put all those medicore IPs to rest and start something fresh, build from the ground up with PS5 hardware in mind, that would be the best outcome for us gamers IMO. The only IPs I can see still worthy continuing is TLoU and HZD.

Shadow Fall was rushed and I'd love to see Sony redeem it with a good new Killzone.
Shadow Fall had many moments of greatness, unfortunately the story is dull, the flying sections don't feel finished, all in all about 1/3 of the game does not feel as finished as the rest, I assume a few more months in the oven would have made it an 85+ game, maybe even a 90+ game.

Absolutely stupid list given that so many of these—infamous, UC, KZ—are marquee titles that will almost surely have next gen iterations.
On the other hand, Sony is not known to rely heavily on a few markee franchises, like MS and Nintendo are, and I am very much in favor of this.

I think that all they carried from the PS 1 days are GT and Wipeout, from the PS2 days is God of War (Killzone had a release along the PS4).

So it's a good bet to assume that many IPs will not carry over, and I like it that way.

Radical_3d

The article is batshit crazy, but is was so angry with the end of Killzone 3 that left the franchise for dead. After all I’ve heard that many of the ones who worked in the first instalment no longer work in Guerrilla. And that is my favourite Killzone.

I’d like a return of G-Pplice or Colony Wars, tho.

Last edited:
Mmh, mostly disagree

Knack and GR, never tried but community loved them, they need a return
I partially agree with Uncharted, 4 was boring compared to prior installments and, If it returns, a reboot is the only way, Nathan's story ended once and for all, I personally had enough Uncharted for now tho

Infamous has A LOT of potential still saved, let alone Death Stranding, whose first installment was merely a field test, If Kojima takes note of the cons of his game, and works on them, an incredible sequel could happen

Also, Spider-Man and Infamous are totally different, except for their open world nature and the superhero theme, Spidey has Spider-Man powers, while you can literally put everything in Infamous

Loved Second Son and I'm craving for more, and even a little more Killzone wouldn't be bad

( also Resistance, but is off topic)

Btw, I'd prefer If Sony revives Long gone franchises before everything else, I'm talking to you Syphon Filter

And Tomba, guys, Tomba
They Absolutely need to pick Tomba out of his tomba ( means grave in italian lol), just try to imagine a Spyro reignited treatment for it...sigh

Both were awesome games

Last edited:

GamerEDM

Banned
i think we could get a sequel for all of these games this upcoming gen and they probably would turn out okay. However i do believe most of these franchises have run their course and resources would be better spent elsewhere.

Last edited:

Fnord

There's almost zero chance we don't see another Uncharted. The series prints money. Personally, I'd be fine with it not returning (loved the games, though), but I'd also be plenty interested in playing a new entry.

I definitely want another Killzone. I want to see how Gorilla would handle the franchise after doing something completely different. And I absolutely want another inFamous. I love that series and there are a lot of places to take it.

Mr Hyde

I would love to see a new Infamous. Second Son was good but it felt like a stop gap before a proper sequel to 1 & 2. Sucker Punch should definitely bring it back to PS5. Could be huge.

The Alien

Banned
I'm pretty OK with this list.

The most controversial game listed is probably Uncharted. It still sells well, but U4 was a slog. Lasted forever...and the Lost Legacy too.

Dont end it, but put it into hibernation and relaunch a reenvisioned game with PS6.

(Sorry) lol

Top Bottom