• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 10/21/2016: SWITCHEROO

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Interesting discussion - while the hardware is important at a certain port the content is what will be selling the console. Switch is in an interesting position where you can expect console level games like Dragon Quest 11 or Kingdom Hearts III to run on it - but also could see native ports/version of popular mobile games like Monster Strike, Puzzle and Dragon or Nintendos own games like Super Mario Run.

3DS was big even though the lackluster hardware prevented it from getting some of the biggest games of the generation ( Minecraft anyone ? ) - many indie breakout hits like The Walking Dead, Rocket League or Stardew Valley would have perfect on a portable system.

The market Nintendo is able to attract is def. way larger than the small children markets Mark seemed so focused on. Marketed and priced correctly this could speak to alot of different customer groups, not just to UBER hardcore gamers.

Why is Mark always the only voice on this podcast with a functioning brain?

Well you dont have to be a dick....diffrent opinions are the reason why i listen to podcasts.

vareon

Interesting discussion - while the hardware is important at a certain port the content is what will be selling the console. Switch is in an interesting position where you can expect console level games like Dragon Quest 11 or Kingdom Hearts III to run on it - but also could see native ports/version of popular mobile games like Monster Strike, Puzzle and Dragon or Nintendos own games like Super Mario Run.

This is what I really want to see. "Hey, I know you guys love your mobile games, you can play those on our machine, too!". It sounds like one small thing that could push the people on the fence.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This is what I really want to see. "Hey, I know you guys love your mobile games, you can play those on our machine, too!". It sounds like one small thing that could push the people on the fence.

Low Resolution and lack of supported engines is really what kept a lot of content away from the 3DS - i think many dev teams would have loved to release game to a 60m userbase but the optimization and downgrading needed to make it work just wasnt worth the effort most of the time.

With Switch those devs will be able to use their current-gen game assets without too much changes on Switch versions. I expect the premium mobile devs to support the system with good content - we just had the Ocean Horn devs more or less confirming bringing their game to Switch, expect other to follow.

Having UE4 and Unity support and capable device from Day 1 will make a big difference - Switch could be the device the combines your favorite mobile and console games in addition the expected Nintendo First Party content.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock

shira

ROFL carts vs cards was priceless. You guys need video ASAP and we need to immortalize these in gifs for forever.

I think for prize competitions like EVO you won't be able to bring your own personal Switches to the venue simply for fear of cheating and tampering. AFAIK competitions always provide the system and players can bring their controllers

Top Bottom