• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A look at Youtube trailer views for E3 2017

Jigorath

Banned
The hate for Days Gone on GAF is hilarious, it's Horizon all over again.

Where's this narrative coming from that GAF hated Horizon? It was voted 3rd most anticipated this year only behind Persona and Zelda. It'll probably score very high in the GOTY vote too.

EDIT: minute late.

Horizon really wasn't hated though. It was voted the 3rd most anticipated title here 2 years in a row.

Where's this narrative coming from that GAF hated Horizon? It was voted 3rd most anticipated this year only behind Persona and Zelda. It'll probably score very high in the GOTY vote too.
It is just a smaller and very loud section of Gaf that makes it seem that way. Same thing for Days Gone.

ghibli99

Hahahahahaha
Something can be popular and hated by a lot at the same time you know.
I don't remember much hate either... probably a vocal minority, like with most things. I remember critiques about facial animations, etc., but overall, it was highly anticipated and viewed in a positive light.

black070

Horizon really wasn't hated though. It was voted the 3rd most anticipated title here 2 years in a row.

EDIT: minute late.

And Scalebound was voted the most anticipated XBO exclusive, yet ask around and you'd think no one was interested in that game.

The hate for Days Gone on GAF is hilarious, it's Horizon all over again.

It's just nerds trying to hedge their bets and predict that games that have every reason to be great will be terrible, in the off chance they turn out to be right and can tell everyone how much smarter they are than the rest of us.

Getting really old.

Lynx_7

I don't remember much hate either... probably a vocal minority, like with most things. I remember critiques about facial animations, etc., but overall, it was highly anticipated and viewed in a positive light.

Yeah, I'm not sure where that narrative is coming from either. There was some skepticism due to Guerrilla's track record and there's bound to be a few naysayers, but by and large reception was pretty positive and there was plenty enthusiasm for the game. Nowhere near the same amount of negativity surrounding Days Gone right now.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Not, what doesn't mean shit it's like/dislikes. infinite Warfare was a absurd success as usual for any modern CoD
Having access to a bit of Acti stuff this is not the case. Most publishers would be envious of the results, but by COD standards it wasn't as high as usual.

--

About the views not matching up with the time now: Unfortunately I didn't work on improvements from the small script I wrote last year, so this collection of data is not as easy for Nightingale as I would like. So sorry about that.
When E3 has been over for a bit the delays of a few hours will not have as much impact as they do right this moment while E3 is still ongoing and hot.

Certinty

Spidey is going to sell so well it's going to be insane. Wouldn't surprise me if they choose a release date around Infinity War since Spidey is in that too.

Horizon threads were super frustrating up until release. A lot of people were super excited, but it was never long before the threads got weighed down with posts about Guerrilla's track record or that it looked boring.

I'm sure Days Gone will be one of those games that sells well, but isn't talked about much on Gaf.

Lynx_7

Does that disprove the amount of positivity and anticipation it got, though? Anything popular (and new) will have a proportionate number of skeptics, and negativity tends to stand out, specially in a thread with a negative premise to begin with. If that's the case then NeoGAF also hates the new Spider-Man since a considerable number of people have been criticising it due to its overreliance on QTEs and some people even saying it doesn't look much better than the Activision titles. Nevermind the fact that it has been receiving much more praise than "hate" and will most likely end up as one of the most anticipated 2018 games.

Days Gone is a legitimate case where I see very little positivity in general surrounding the title on GAF, not just some vocal naysayers. I think the main difference here is that Horizon looked unique to begin with, while Days Gone has an uphill battle trying to distinguish itself from the other 900 zombie apocalypse titles out there. Maybe I just missed all the "let's hate on Horizon" threads, but to me Days Gone negativity seems a lot more widespread.

Y'all are not gonna sit here and act like horizon threads didn't turn to shit every time lol

There's also no widespread hate for days gone but here

Mass One

The Sonic Forces trailer on Sega's channel alone has almost a half million views. The Coco reveal trailer alone has over 100k for N Sane just from the Crash Channel. I feel like there are a few omissions here.

Give me a fucking break.

Once a game/game creator's reputation becomes a meme. It's impossible to break.

I'll be honest I was skeptical of days gone but the impression I hear made it sound a little more interesting to me.

Cottiny

Banned
I don't really see why people are so enthusiastic about Spiderman. To me seems like Batman but done in a worse way. Too many QTEs and no real gameplay, I don't understand the fun of that kind of cinematic games.

Super Mario Odyssey is the one that deserves to be on that top.

I don't really see why people are so enthusiastic about Spiderman. To me seems like Batman but done in a worse way. Too many QTEs and no real gameplay, I don't understand the fun of that kind of cinematic games.

Super Mario Odyssey is the one that deserves to be on that top.
What demo did you watchi wonder

I saw that long trailer at the end of the Sony's conference and it seemed to me like a boring game. For the record, I didn't like Batman Arkham City either, and this Spiderman pretends to have that same gameplay.
"Too many qtes"(40 seconds worth) "no gameplay"(like 5 minutes of actual gameplay) so what demo do you watch

Where does statistics come from? GOW is just a little more than 1M views on the offcial PlayStation channel:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOE2BVRCUkM&t=2m5s

Unless they collected the viewers from all channels.

From the OP:
b. where there are mirrors of the same trailer with significant view count, I will combine the view count of up to 3 of the same trailers, max.

There's a trailer from a channel that has over 5 million views for God of War.

sense

Where does statistics come from? GOW is just a little more than 1M views on the offcial PlayStation channel:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOE2BVRCUkM&t=2m5s

Unless they collected the viewers from all channels.
Yes includes trailers from other channels because there is a particular channel that somehow has multimillion views for all of sony's exclusives e3 trailers probably because they managed to upload them quickly with the right tags and stuff. Mathchief channel I believe

Days Gone had QTEs? Where? Not that they're a bad thing, anyway. Was it when he was being held? I thought the wolf shot was just a bullet time thing.

Days Gone had QTEs? Where? Not that they're a bad thing, anyway. Was it when he was being held? I thought the wolf shot was just a bullet time thing.
After he fell from his bike, a QTE happen to escape the two guys beating him up. it was really small icon tho, I didn't notice them myself at first

Do you have a PC where you buy mult? Because I only have a PS4 and I don't know how else I can save money to spend on more games.

Maybe people should look a little more info about Days Gone, I can't say I don't understand the sentiment if you only watched the main presentations but even with that alone the game doesn't look like an insult to videogame history.
Yeah, I have a PC too. My PS4 is mostly for exclusives.

Days Gone looks like "another crouch everywhere, throw rocks to distract enemies, then stealth kill when they get close type game." Haven't seen what sets it apart just yet.

That's what I said during the trailer.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
"Too many qtes"(40 seconds worth) "no gameplay"(like 5 minutes of actual gameplay) so what demo do you watch

For some, one QTE is too many, believe it or not. Also a post in another thread added up all the QTEs and it was a bit for the amount of gameplay shown. One last thing, people are allowed to dislike things you like.

Haganeren

Oh ! So Mario Odyssey wasn't THAT MUCH of a success compared to other important games.
By being on GAF or Tweeter, it's easy to lose track of that kind of stuff.

Top Bottom