• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A polite discourse amongst friends on the importance of MP-elements in No Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedlam

This is so true, too. You have to realise that they're people who wake up in the morning at home, go to an office, work hard, then go home in the evening. They're just humans. If there was some massive international gaffe at your workplace would you be expected to, personally, be contacting all your contacts/customers/whathaveyou within two days to respond?

Is this a joke or what?

This guy was tweeting constantly each day right until the "can we see other players?" question blew up. Then sudden radio silence.

You've got to be naive to no end if you believe he has no time to respond.

Fucking lol. This particular post from you really reads like a fanboy parody post. "They are just humans" .... lmao

Inviusx

Artistic director Grant Duncan recalled roaming an alien planet once shooting at birds out of boredom. “I hit one and it fell into the ocean,” he recalled. “It was floating there on the waves when suddenly, a shark came up and ate it. The first time it happened, it totally blew me away.”

Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
This isn't news, but for those who missed it;

cBAp7wz.jpg

If it gets MP in the next month, He was never lying at all!

Audioboxer

Exactly. These guys aren't your typical mainstream corrupt company. They're just getting their feet wet and don't understand the industry like we do. Everyone needs to give them a break. Please. They're trying their hardest and I love them for that.

There's plenty of small devs who describe their game how it is.

brau

Artistic director Grant Duncan recalled roaming an alien planet once shooting at birds out of boredom. “I hit one and it fell into the ocean,” he recalled. “It was floating there on the waves when suddenly, a shark came up and ate it. The first time it happened, it totally blew me away.”

i am not gonna fall for another of those memes.
did he really say that?

Of course I don't want to live in a world like that. My post was pointing out the hypocrisy here. That you, along with many, have grabbed your pitchforks and traipsed digitally to Hello Games' door when really, in the big scheme of things, this is no fucking biggie and you take far worse things lying down.

Don't presume to know what is and isn't a "biggie" to me or others.
Everyone has to choose their battles. I most likely take on more than most, just not on line but mostly within my community.

The fact that one issue might not be as bad as others doesn't excuse it in the slightest.

But let me paint you a picture of why this is such an issue with me. I love gaming. I love this community and this industry. This is my passion and I hate to see it infected with crap like this. If everyone could take a step back and see that this outrage is in fact a good thing for the industry that would be amazing. It has always been my belief that we as consumers should keep the companies/entities whom we support with our money in line and honest as much as possible. In doing so not only does this make a healthier environment for consumers but it strengthens those whom we support in the end as well.

My actions here aren't at all me wanting to tear HG down but quite the opposite. I grew pretty close to the story of HG and it seriously breaks my heart to see this happening.
I agree with this, but it's not the message you were pushing previously.
What was I pushing?

well have you been to every planet in the universe to prove he is not telling the truth?

Dr.Acula

Banned
Reading the last few pages on skyboxes, fake suns, and closed in solar systems with planets that don't orbit is depressing.

Looks like Morrowind Daggerfall is still the "game map size" champ.

gossi

Is this a joke or what?

This guy was tweeting constantly each day right until the "can we see other players?" question blew up. Then sudden radio silence.

You've got to be naive to no end if you believe he has no time to respond.

Fucking lol

Bedlam (great name) - it's a 12 person studio. They still don't have the Steam release locked or uploaded. I know one of the big PC streamers, they haven't been given a copy because they aren't done still. Sean hasn't slept in a week, he wrote the first line of code and he's still coding now. I've seen their studio - the BBC did a tour of it recently - it's literally one room of people eating pizza at their PCs (who also read here, as they link to it on their website).

Also, business reality - Sony are their physical publisher and have legal rights because of that. There is no way Sean is going to randomly tweet something out generating headlines like "No Man Multiplayer" as their multi-million pound deal is rolling out, Sony would go el-Nutto.

brau

sure. but the birds were wallets and the shark was sean

yes, that's a real quote

I got you b.

Perfection..

Man what the hell is going on?

The PC release is tomorrow. Am I supposed to get it or not?

Ask yourself this. "Can you see yourself paying $60 for this game?" If you answered yes, you are wrong, because in this game, you can't see yourself doing anything just yet.

Liamc723

Because I've never seen someone in this industry be more genuine, honest, caring and handsome. Remember when he was barefoot during that one interview? THAT'S why.

I really can't tell if you're joking or not.

Just because he puts on this cutesy indie persona doesn't mean he can't lie.

Audioboxer

Man what the hell is going on?

The PC release is tomorrow. Am I supposed to get it or not?

I'd wait till it is datamined for a player model. If a player model is real its a contender for game of the year.

at least wait to make sure it is a good port

well have you been to every planet in the universe to prove he is not telling the truth?

Captain's log: "The search for intelligent life continues. Rumors speak of fish eating sharks on a planet in the galaxy. All currently known forms of life are dumb as shit and are unable to feed. The search continues, 3 planets down, 17,999,999,999,999,999,997 to go. Will keep log updated on further developments."

Brashnir

Bedlam (great name) - it's a 12 person studio. They still don't have the Steam release locked or uploaded. I know one of the big PC streamers, they haven't been given a copy because they aren't done still. Sean hasn't slept in a week, he wrote the first line of code and he's still coding now. I've seen their studio - the BBC did a tour of it recently - it's literally one room of people eating pizza at their PCs (who also read here, as they link to it on their website).

Also, business reality - Sony are their physical publisher and have legal rights because of that. There is no way Sean is going to randomly tweet something out generating headlines like "No Man Multiplayer" as their multi-million pound deal is rolling out, Sony would go el-Nutto.

You are suggesting that Sony are deliberately suppressing the truth about their product so that their prior - now false - PR efforts are still believed.

Think about that for a second and realize how that doesn't make this situation any better at all. In fact it makes it much, much worse.

Bedlam

1. One week no sleep - don't believe it.
2. Who wrote what line of code - irrelevant
3. Tweeting out of a room with 12 guys eating Pizza - possible
4. Sudden gag-order on tweets - just as shady, if not even more shady (unlikely though)

Sean is back on Twitter. Still ignores it.
wat lol

show me a single source of Sean mentioning online and multiplayer in the same sentence. I'm sitting next to him now and we're having the time of our lives, playing together and gripping one part of the controller in each of our hands

Because I've never seen someone in this industry be more genuine, honest, caring and handsome. Remember when he was barefoot during that one interview? THAT'S why.

You can't trust a man who's barefoot.
He can't afford shoes, so he's gonna say anything to make you buy what he's selling so he can buy shoes.

Liamc723

Oh, look. Pure little developer found some time to promote the PC launch. So nice of him to think about us.

So much so that you can't even pre-load it! Isn't he nice, ignoring all the questions being asked.

Oh I do love these down to earth and humble indie developers!

Trojan

What a pile-on this thread is. Another internet shit storm over something hardly anyone would ever experience in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom