• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ackkstudios teases 3D Earthbound inspired RPG for Wii U eShop codenamed "Project Y2K"

tokkun

I am trying to wrap my head around what "inspired by Earthbound and TWEWY" is even supposed to mean. Aside from both being RPGs set within +/50 years of modern-era technology, the two games have almost nothing in common.

The aesthetic sense and gameplay of the two are practically diametric opposites.

deviljho

The irony of referencing Y2K... something that was hugely hyped ultimately was nothing

mah-nigga-240x180.jpg

roxasbhk

Neo Member
I'm happy to see someone is making RPGS for a Nintendo system... hope they don't leave us hanging to long before showing more stuff.

watershed

Banned
If I was going to name drop two rpgs to hype up rpg fans/fans of rpgs on Nintendo platforms I'd pick Earthbound and TWEWY too.

skypunch

Banned
Sounds intriguing, I'll definitely keep my eye on this.

I'm happy to see someone is making RPGS for a Nintendo system... hope they don't leave us hanging to long before showing more stuff.

Eh? it's not as if Wii U or 3DS have no RPGs coming.

Upcoming RPGs for Wii U:
Monolith Soft's X,
FE x Shin Megami,
Dragon Quest X

Upcoming/out now RPGs for 3DS:
Monolith Soft RPG,
Fire Emblem: Awakening,
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Etrian Odyssey,
Pokemon X & Y,
Project X Zone,
Bravely Default(?)
Dragon Quest VII remake

I've probably forgotten a few others, too. I believe there's a couple of other indie RPGs coming to Wii U eShop also.

^Interesting but still apprehensive.
Hopefully the writing of the blog post doesn't reflect the game's writing.

Top Bottom