• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys teaser site - news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

It's Wednesday, and the new words have generally hit from Tuesday to Thursday, along with another tick down. I guess now it's time for 0103, or maybe even 0200.

Tickdowns have consistently happened on Fridays as far as I know. As for new words, I am pretty sure that those have varying dates of first appearance.

takoyaki

104 or 105 this Friday at PM 05.15 EDT (in New York) / PM 02:15 PDT (in L.A.) / PM 10.15 BST (in London)

not sure about the next word, best guess would be this Friday, Saturday or Sunday (see my last post for more detailed breakdown)

spinz

104 or 105 this Friday at PM 05.15 EDT (in New York) / PM 02:15 PDT (in L.A.) / PM 10.15 BST (in London)

not sure about the next word, best guess would be this Friday, Saturday or Sunday (see my last post for more detailed breakdown)

i dunno. There were originally 10 words from the leaked pictures. So probably not one for each day. But aksys can do what they want...

takoyaki

i dunno. There were originally 10 words from the leaked pictures. So probably not one for each day. But aksys can do what they want...

It's just a guess, but you're right, this is something they can change however they see fit.

My thought was: 14 weeks where on average one word appears (sometimes there's just 5 days between two words, another time it's 9 days; this is why it feels so random, but on average it's one per week once all words have appeared). The first seven words appear during the first 7 weeks, then the pattern repeats with the next 7 words over the course of another 7 weeks. Funyarinpa discovered what we think are the new versions of the old pictures A and B that were found too soon. 10 words were listed on the old versions of those pictures before they got changed. The static words from the teaser page appear on the new pictures A and B, the moving words do not. The thought is that the moving words aren't stored as image data on those images.

So basically: 14 words in total - 10 static words = 4 moving words

spinz

ahh that would make sense..... if any of this can really make sense :p
I wonder what the record would be for longest teaser.... 14 weeks would have to be in the running...

takoyaki

It's not stuff I'd put in the OP, just my interpretation of what happened so far with the words. The teaser is made by people and people generally like patterns.

Technically speaking, it'd be 15 or 16 weeks because the words started about two weeks in, so Aksys is definitely going for some kind of record ;)

spinz

The last agonizing teaser i remember waiting a long time for, atlus had fans arguing and wondering over whether they were localizing gungnir or growlanser 4. It turned out they were localizing both of them.
So hopefully aksys is smart too, and is only doing something so long because they know they have news that will make everybody happy.

Does it look as if the word "ice cream" has moved a little further to the left (not sure?) for some people?

I have an addon set up to notify me whenever the page is modified, it's not flawless, but it hasn't flagged up anything since the last update, so probably not.

Swamped

Banned
The words must be random then. I wonder what shotgun could mean? It doesnt seem especially ZE-ish.

Ooo exciting day, new word!

Well, i mean (999 spoilers)
isn't there a revolver in 999? The gold one? Wow i really need to replay these games, it's been so long

takoyaki

"Shotgun" is the first static word since they changed the layout of the site and it doesn't show up on the images from permalinks A B

Doesn't really change anything for us, just another confirmation that they changed some things about the layout when they added "firefighter".

grim-tales

The only things I can think of are:

Sigma gets his arms blown off with a shotgun maybe

1.(firearms) A gun which fires loads typically consisting of small metal balls, called shot, from a cartridge.
2.(slang) The front passenger seat in a vehicle, next to the driver; so called because the position of the shotgun-armed guard on a horse-drawn stage-coach, wagon train, or gold transport was next to the driver on a forward-mounted bench seat.
3.(US) A one-story dwelling with no hallways or corridors, with the rooms arranged in a straight line. Mostly heard in the southern United States.
4.(American football) A play formation in which the quarterback is a few feet behind the snapper when the ball is hiked, ideally allowing for an easier pass play.

Re: 3)
Did Junpei live in Nevada? Maybe his apartment was there or this is what the rooms in ZE3 will be like

takoyaki

tweet 1&2

screenshot0027-05-01a22rbh.png

tweet 3&4

screenshot0027-05-01a87u8p.png

tweet 5

screenshot0027-05-01a3yuf7.png

Swamped

Banned
:D all good, good signs! Those tweets are especially telling. Whenever people have asked the same question in the past he has usually had a more grounded and negative response. If
once
the game comes out, I'd be really curious to know what the development of it was like, because it will likely very different from how the first two games were made.

PlatStrat

Neo Member
Uchikoshi you better not be playing with our emotions. Because now all signs point to ZE3 actually happening.
X-Files:
I Want to Believe.

It would be very cute if this does turn out to be ZE3, and if Uchikoshi thought he was being subtle with these tweets.

Because this is turning out to be very close to being ZE3.

Also, Uchikoshi tweets and 4infinity are not mutually exclusive, 4infinity could be pointing towards soemthing else when ZE3 was, in fact being developed.

However, that would be too good to be true.

grim-tales

Because he tweeted something about koinobori (carp streamers) that are traditionally flown to celebrate Boy's Day/Children's Day. Probably also making a pun on coin/koin

... I cannot get over the most recent tweets. They sound obvious, TOO OBVIOUS TO BE TRUE!!! HI try to keep myself from hoping... but sigh, that was one vaguely hopeful tweet too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom