• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Albert Penello downplays XBO/PS4 difference in Tomb Raider; "we just shipped"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Has Sony ever made any statements about how the PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox One? Honestly, I cannot think of any real jabs at the Xbox One that Sony has made SINCE they took their jabs at E3 with the PS4 conference. They said some things then, but since, Sony has been very quiet.

Sony walked determinedly into the ring in their best fighting shape ever. Exhibiting no showy bulk, no dramatic Camachovian antics or ludicrous Don "Penelson" King hyperbole, they stood taller and straighter than anyone expected.

While their opponent contines to dance and feint, Coach Cerny is smiling because he knows their opponent is fighting above his weight-class. His fighter hasn't even thrown his first punch.

I fully expect them to say something along the lines of what Yoshi posted in the near future.

One would hope. Also I hope they are finally done telling us that consumers simply weren't ready for their original vision of the future. That line of PR went on far too long into launch. I hope it's finally dead.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
but you can't see the difference between 60fps and 30fps?

Fortunately, Microsoft has a product for people who can't see a difference. It's called the Xbox 360.

Cheaper. Better games. Wonder why they even released the Xbox One.

Leotarius

I find it hilarious that they (Microsoft) try to downplay graphical prowess in the form of (A) Resolution and (B) Framerate.

The medium we are all discussing is "Video" Games. The video fidelity/smoothness/sharpness/detail is extremely relevant. The game part is important as well of course but we can't just downplay graphical fidelity or performance, it's embedded into the medium.

Penello is never coming back, is he?

There is a big difference between "coming back" and actually posting. If you check Albert Penello's Profile on NeoGAF, he is on here almost every morning, around 7:30am. He is lurking, daily. He is reading this.

He is back, like every day, he just doesn't post here anymore. Well, since the day after the Xbox One launched. His last post was saying the first 24 hour of Xbox One sales were sold through to consumers, not shipped. Then, he disappeared from posting.

Pbae

It's like, we're in the movie theater that has all the blockbuster movies, and has the most screens, and then somebody has figured out that there's also another movie theater that has almost twice the number of screens, but if you look at all the movies, like, most of the time they looks better on their screen. And in our movie theater, sometimes we have smell-o-vision, we have additional fire escapes, and a lower lumen projector because who really needs IMAX since you're watching the same movie. Our movies are more cinematic!

You know what, I think the games on PS4 look fantastic, I play them, I enjoy them...it's a great thing for this industry that they have success...at the end of the day, if I have to pick one box, I'm gonna pick ours. I work here, so I root for the home team."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=810

lol

To me the important takeaway from the FPS difference is that it once again shows that the PS4 is more powerful. How a developer chooses to use that power is up to them. Some will go for higher FPS. Others will go for better image quality. What I find really interesting is that the extra power of the PS4 could be used to show XB1 image quality games but in virtual reality. That is a difference that would be hard to ignore.

That would be pretty similar to how Blu-ray disc had enough capacity and peak bit rate to spare that they could retrofit it for 3D support, something that would have been impossible with the limitations of the HD DVD format that lost the war with Blu-ray.

Warablo

I know for a fact you can certainly feel the difference between 60 FPS and 30 FPS... Just go play CoD for awhile then switch to Halo, your senses will feel weird..

Amir0x

Banned
It's just frustrating how transparent Major Nelson and Penello were. I gave Albert the benefit of the doubt on so many occasions, and I really feel like this community was just used by him.

No one in his position is going to be this ignorant of the truth. So fuck it, he's going to keep lying, why should I keep my word to him?

I know for a fact he wasn't ignorant. Because he told me so. On the phone. When the whole resolutiongate was going on and he was telling GAF he was ignorant of the situation and didn't know the resolution? A lie. He told me he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom