• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All-New Press Previews of Final Fantasy XV's First 5 Chapters

Koozek

That's showing that it's level 3 out of 8, isn't it? It even shows the percentage toward Level 4.

Also, that's depressing if they couldn't get swimming working, because they A) Promised it and B) FF14 pulled the same thing, invisible walls everywhere.

But is it 3 abilities out of 8, or ability level 3 out of 8?
Hope its the second lol

Oh, right. Hmm, not sure, could be both in this case (ability is level 3, but there are also 3 abilities available). Somebody would have to check the video and see how the number changes when he selects the other two abilites.

Arkeband

Banned
Oh, right. Hmm, not sure, could be both in this case (ability is level 3, but there are also 3 abilities available). Somebody would have to check the video and see how the number changes when he selects the other two abilites.

That whole bottom section seems like an info section for that specific skill - the progress percentage matches the meter above. It wouldn't make much sense to tell the player how many total abilities there are, even less so right there. That would be bad UI design.

Koozek

That whole bottom section seems like an info section for that specific skill - the progress percentage matches the meter above. It wouldn't make much sense to tell the player how many total abilities there are, even less so right there. That would be bad UI design.
Yeah, you're right. Tbh, I didn't double check myself.

JBwB

There are at least
techniques for each character (including their default) going by the Ascension Grid list.

That moogle video was HILARIOUS. I really thought the Behemoth was going to fall for it too lol

I can't decide if it's better that the behemoth didn't go for it (behemoth-senpai didn't notice me... :-( ) or if it would have been better if he did jump on it like a cat w/ a ball of yarn.

I suppose just in terms of gameplay, having more difficult enemies not susceptible to this kind of decoy baiting makes sense.

LordKasual

Banned
That moogle is fucking hilarious.

With the sniper rifles and bioblasters and moogle dolls...I'm really happy to see some of that FF7/FF8 whacky nonsense in this game. All we need now is a Fat Chocobo summon and the ability to devour enemies and we're good.

Re-watching the E3 2013 stuff hurts the most, I bet we are getting leviathan footage tomorrow, I'm also betting it will be ridden with QTES, rest in peace.

0zQD5HD.gif

At least it'll be playable for a change? No use crying over a target render from 3 years ago.

As for swimming...i'm guessing the design reason for not being able to swim is that Chocobos are able to swim. Kind of like FF7/9's way of walling off areas by foot/car/airship/chocobo. Perhaps there will be islands in the middle of water you can only get to by using a chocobo in the final game.

It does seem a bit odd though...but i can see them walling off swimming for the same reasons they walled off the car initially. If you can freely swim in lakes, there's no reason to not be able to freely swim in the ocean, and there's no shortage of ocean in this game it seems.

The picture seems to be showing what looks like the invasion of Insomnia in the background .

The only thing I can think of is that "Omen" is going to be the final trailer...I believe they teased "Dawn" in a similar way.

LordKasual

Banned
Something tells me Square is gonna break their "no spoilers this time!" vow and this trailer is going to be chocked full of stuff.

I'm hoping this has something to do with the plague, or maybe those giant WEAPON daemons from Kingsglaive.

This is scheduled to be released 1 hour after the PGW presentation...the one they told us we will "lose our minds" over or some other hyperbole craziness.

One thing's for sure....some shit is going down tomorrow morning.

Balls

Banned
Is the Paris Game show the last big gaming convention where Square can showcase the game before release? Is there anything happening in November?

Koozek

Maybe Noctis is secretly working for Niflheim, killed all his friends, and is now on his way back home by car, where Aranea, his secret girlfriend, is waiting for him.

This is scheduled to be released 1 hour after the PGW presentation...the one they told us we will "lose our minds" over or some other hyperbole craziness.

One thing's for sure....some shit is going down tomorrow morning.

Maybe -- as always w/ SE marketing, expectation-management pays off.

I just googled omen:

An omen (also called portent or presage) is a phenomenon that is believed to foretell the future, often signifying the advent of change. People in the ancient times believed that omens lie with a divine message from their gods.

Koozek

I just googled omen:

An omen (also called portent or presage) is a phenomenon that is believed to foretell the future, often signifying the advent of change. People in the ancient times believed that omens lie with a divine message from their gods.
Noctis special "seeing death" abilities maybe that was a "gift" from the goddess Etro?

Ketaya

Is that Insomnia in the background? I thought the city was walled off and next to a desert.

I was wondering as well, the skyline doesn't look like Insomnia and I don't see the wall. Maybe that's the capital city of Niflheim after Noctis raged through it?

*Invasion happening in the background*
Noctis: ♫ "Taaaake ooooonn meee. (take on me) Taaaak meeee oooon. (Take on me) I'lll beee goone, in a day or TWOOOOOOOOOOOO!" ♫

You're givin me MGSV vibes. Plz stop.

------

SO HYPED for tomorrow!!!

Looks like we will get at leasts ome CGI footage. But if it's of the invasion was it removed from the opening chapters of the game they streamed at gamescom hmm...

wmlk

The trailer will just be that scene and that angle of Noctis driving for 2 minutes. The trailer will end with a prolonged car horn.

Top Bottom