• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS4 Pro enhanced games (native support and boosted)

I'd ask you to reconsider. By all means make your point by leaving and not updating this thread anymore, but please think about all the people who loved this thread and thanked you for all your good work.

THEY supported you.
and isn't solely his work, it was made by community contribution
While I doubt you understand just how much work I put into this, you're correct that I couldn't have done significant portions of it without input from other GAF members. In the spirit of that community, I've restored the lists as they were. I will not remove the info again in the future.

I'm still determining how precisely I want to move forward. I'll update the thread once I've figured it out. I appreciate the kind words of those who have been patient.

Felensis

Banned
While I doubt you understand just how much work I put into this, you're correct that I couldn't have done significant portions of it without input from other GAF members. In the spirit of that community, I've restored the lists as they were. I will not remove the info again in the future.

I'm still determining how precisely I want to move forward. I'll update the thread once I've figured it out. I appreciate the kind words of those who have been patient.

Once again thanks to you and all contributors for your tremendous efforts. This list is just priceless!

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

Thank you.

Thanks.

Best thread on GAF,i can only imagine the amount of effort involved.

Whatever you decide to do consider yourself supported by me at least.

Syranth

I agree that this was the one thread I was worried most about. How about moving it to Reddit on r/PS4Pro?

JimmyRustler

Gold Member

Thanks a lot for re-uploading the list mate. Great work that is highly appreciated.

As for the state of this forum... Everything will be just fine once the dust settles.

Wordstar

Neo Member
This all couldnt come to any worse time... There are so many games launching in the next days :-( Please continue for us... please

philm87

This all couldnt come to any worse time... There are so many games launching in the next days :-( Please continue for us... please

If there's any specific game you're wondering about just ask here, I'm sure plenty of people are still using this thread and may be able to help.

black070

Thanks for everything Liabe. :)

Also, WWE 2K18 was supposedly meant to be a locked 60fps running at a higher resolution on the Pro, can anyone confirm that is the case ?

Thank you for everything you did. This thread is probably one of the few reasons I kept visiting GAF.

Clockwork

If someone is as vindictive as taking down a useful and partially community sourced list due to being butthurt it may be wise for someone to backup/archive it since the person in charge of said data cannot be trusted to keep it around.

With that being said, I really appreciate the OP's work on this.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is there any improvements for the new South Park?

From earlier in the topic, it's 2160p, whether native or CB is not 100% confirmed. Also it does not support down-sampling to 1080p TV's.

According to Bethesda, Wolfenstein II will be 1440p/60fps on Pro.

I'm OK with this. 1440p is a significant resolution boost and if it maintains 60 FPS (assuming it will do dynamic scaling to maintain performance), it should be A-OK.

Tyaren

I'm glad and grateful Liabe reconsidered. :) I will still be visiting this thread frequently.

Any news if Assassin's Creed Origins features downsamling on HDTVs?

It's a thread I visit and don't even have a pro. Will get a lot of use when I do even though I'll switch to x for the best games.

We definitely need a nice mesh of pro and x so we know where games are best and where a game has pro support and not x

AndyD

aka andydumi

Thank you for your fantastic work.

Any thought to moving to a more Google Drive type list where it can be universally accessible and searchable, tabs and so forth?

After long deliberation, I have decided that I will not participate on NeoGAF in its current state. This choice is emotionally fraught in a way I didn't anticipate. I've spent a decade engaged in the discussion here, and while I never met any GAF member in person, the community was a constant source of enjoyment, interest, and challenge. It was fun even when it was irritating.

As promised, the game data will not be removed. However, I will obviously not be updating it. Therefore, I've changed the format of all the opening posts to decrease the complexity and lower the bandwidth used. As one final added feature, a full title text search can now be performed on the first post. It won't take you straight to the info block, but it'll show you where in the list any game resides, without having to do the "reply then search" trick.

Thanks to everyone, posting or lurking, who has been of help in the creation of this thread. But thanks also to those who just tagged along, a casual part of the party. I wish you all well.

I agree that this was the one thread I was worried most about. How about moving it to Reddit on r/PS4Pro?
Any thought to moving to a more Google Drive type list where it can be universally accessible and searchable, tabs and so forth?
I definitely would like to continue expanding and updating the list. But I never intended it to be anywhere but GAF (I said exactly that in this very thread just a few days ago), so the formatting doesn't necessarily play nice elsewhere.

I do intend for this resource to come back, but I don't know where or how. It will probably not be a matter of days, but a longer timeframe. If possible, I will certainly let this thread know the details. If not, you could likely find it with a web search for Liabe Brave.

Farewell.

Well there goes one of my biggest reasons for sticking around. I can't believe how fast people cannibalize each other lately over random internet posts.

Take care OP your work will be sorely missed internet wide for any ps4/pro owners who wanted to know what their games were really doing tech wise.

This thread and Digital Foundry's work are likely the two most valuable tech assets we have/had on actual console performance/resolution.

Wordstar

Neo Member
Well there goes one of my biggest reasons for sticking around. I can't believe how fast people cannibalize each other lately over random internet posts.

Take care OP your work will be sorely missed internet wide for any ps4/pro owners who wanted to know what their games were really doing tech wise.

This thread and Digital Foundry's work are likely the two most valuable tech assets we have/had on actual console performance/resolution.

yeah im vommiting already because of this

You did amazing work on this Liabe Brave.

Agreed, such a valuable thread. Another who regularly visited your thread for these updates all the time. Was glad I was able to help you out in even an admittedly very very tiny way even just once or twice by luckily finding a couple of secondary confirmations for some res/framerates from other forums or official sites on even just one or two games a while back.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Straight out of the oven. AC: Origins. 4K JPG and 1080p PNG's. If anyone wants to take a crack at these:

Just my initial 2 cents, game is a huge technological leap over Syndicate and Unity. There is definitely a higher resolution than 1080p at play because the IQ is really clean on my 4K TV.

1080p:
assassinscreedoriginscsksp.png

assassinscreedoriginsqajz2.png

assassinscreedorigins0rjz3.png

assassinscreedoriginsbmk6u.png

assassinscreedoriginsb9kzd.png

assassinscreedoriginsrpjse.png

assassinscreedoriginsfxjkn.png

4K;

andrewsqual

Neo Member
After long deliberation, I have decided that I will not participate on NeoGAF in its current state. This choice is emotionally fraught in a way I didn't anticipate. I've spent a decade engaged in the discussion here, and while I never met any GAF member in person, the community was a constant source of enjoyment, interest, and challenge. It was fun even when it was irritating.

As promised, the game data will not be removed. However, I will obviously not be updating it. Therefore, I've changed the format of all the opening posts to decrease the complexity and lower the bandwidth used. As one final added feature, a full title text search can now be performed on the first post. It won't take you straight to the info block, but it'll show you where in the list any game resides, without having to do the "reply then search" trick.

Thanks to everyone, posting or lurking, who has been of help in the creation of this thread. But thanks also to those who just tagged along, a casual part of the party. I wish you all well.

I definitely would like to continue expanding and updating the list. But I never intended it to be anywhere but GAF (I said exactly that in this very thread just a few days ago), so the formatting doesn't necessarily play nice elsewhere.

I do intend for this resource to come back, but I don't know where or how. It will probably not be a matter of days, but a longer timeframe. If possible, I will certainly let this thread know the details. If not, you could likely find it with a web search for Liabe Brave.

Farewell.

What about the new site called ResetEra https://www.*************/ (which it won't let me put the link in for lol) that people are claiming is the new replacement for NeoGAF? I think there are mods that left here that are there now also. :)

black070

With Liabe jumping ship, my compulsion to keep posting on this site has hit an all time low - I think it’s time I do the same.

Thank you for all your hard work, this thread will seriously be missed.

leng jai

Yep, Wolfenstein is loud AF on the Pro. Not sure if it's just me but it's definitely stuttering quite often in the first few levels as well.

pswii60

Yep, Wolfenstein is loud AF on the Pro. Not sure if it's just me but it's definitely stuttering quite often in the first few levels as well.
I'm torn. I really want to play Wolfenstein now (even though I'm mid way through SMO!) and considering getting it for my Pro, but you may have just convinced me to be patient and get it for my X in a couple of weeks. Might be the first game I end up playing on it.

CyberChulo

That's so strange. I played it at home this morning on a 4k TV and did not notice anything. I have Pro connected to a 1080 work monitor and the fans are not loud at all. The games that I noticed where the fans go off are Uncharted 4. Actually, I have the game on pause now as I type this and hear the fans spinning up, but not as loud as U4 fan noise.

Wtf?

So another game published by Bethesda that stutters on the Pro? I was about to buy this evening and now I may wait.

I still haven't been able to play Skryrim it stutters that much on the Pro yet my Son can play it locked 30fps on his normal ps4.

Sick of this shit...

Can you do any video footage?

Wtf?

So another game published by Bethesda that stutters on the Pro? I was about to buy this evening and now I may wait.

I still haven't been able to play Skryrim it stutters that much on the Pro yet my Son can play it locked 30fps on his normal ps4.

Sick of this shit...

I've been playing for 4 hours and no stutters at all. Did you play it while it was installed on the background?

CyberChulo

Wtf?

Sick of this shit...

I'm on maybe the 2nd or 3rd level and it's been silky smooth for me. Where are you encountering stutters? PS4 Pro.

CyberChulo

Or better yet, what TV are you using? Some TV's don't handle motion that well when certain smoothing features are turned on too high. Make sure it's off.

nemisis0

Where there is the info, now just need to know if anyone is up to recreating it and keeping up with future updates. Anyone interested?

I could carry on the work that liabe did if he gives me permission to carry it on with the same style he has been doing it with, would just need some help from the community or liabe on how to put it together.

I could carry on the work that liabe did if he gives me permission to carry it on with the same style he has been doing it with, would just need some help from the community or liabe on how to put it together.
I have no problem if you copy all the info now in posts 2 through 4. The data is the data, and not proprietary to me. However, please do not copy the colors/fonts/format directly, or the explanatory text from post 1. As I've previously said, I will be resurrecting the list elsewhere, and I don't want there to be confusion about what is my work and what is yours. (You deserve recognition too, if you take on this task!)

Changing format will also provide an opportunity to find better ways of doing stuff. My choices aren't necessarily optimal, and a fresh approach may improve things. Make the new thread your own, something to be proud of!

In that same vein, I'd also suggest that you make an effort to go back through the info I've posted and verify what you can. Certainly I tried to be as accurate as possible, but infallible I am not.

Best of luck!

Top Bottom