• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I crazy or did Geist have nudity

cafemomo

Found my copy. Don't know when I'll actually check though

fH7NXgz.jpg

i forgot how edgy that cover was

Man, I used to own Geist. I never got this far before getting rid of it. The possession mechanic was great, but it felt like the puzzle solving using it was too linear and there wasn't enough leeway in how you wanted to solve them.

Here, this is where it is forgive me for the way he talks. You possess a rat and look up her skirt.

I guess you don't have to do anything special to get her in the room with the rats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfL-Wd8Kxqw&list=PLbuAOBC-r-TjD07ixqYmgOtGM4tM1SwYo
Jesus. I want to find that guy so I can punch him in the face.

And he doesn't even stop to look up her skirt. He casually sees something, makes a remark, but keeps on going. (At around the 8:50 mark.) I hate him so much.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Considering the quality of the models and the rat vision, I think it would be impossible to see what the OP is suggesting. Or really anything but a blurry grey mess. Its probably just a blurry mess that someone thought was censored stuff when it was in fact... nothing.

Not really impossible. The center of the screen is still visible clearly, it's just discoloured.

Kokonoe

Banned
The Gamecube was my main console that gen and I have no idea what Geist is outside of hearing it mentioned on GAF.

Persona7

Banned
The Gamecube was my main console that gen and I have no idea what Geist is outside of hearing it mentioned on GAF.

I find that hard to believe seeing the amount of hype that game got. Unless you were not really into the message board or online thing at that time. The entire gamecube community was talking about it for years when it was delayed. When it finally came out it got a negative reaction.

It was co-developed by n-space and Nintendo.

I liked Geist and still have it in the Gamecube library. And for a few game sessions before the COD explosion it found some favor for the multiplayer.

Pyrrhus

Wouldn't it be quicker and more definitive to extract the model from a disk image of the game and then turn it over to the desired angle in a 3D modeling program?

Kokonoe

Banned
I find that hard to believe seeing the amount of hype that game got. Unless you were not really into the message board or online thing at that time. The entire gamecube community was talking about it for years when it was delayed. When it finally came out it got a negative reaction.

I had a circle of friends and we all had Gamecubes and bought each Nintendo game when they came out and played it all the time, but Geist I don't even recall there being a commercial. I didn't go to gaming forums back then, but I did, however, use to get magazines every few months. I've never heard of anyone hyping the game at all, or ever discussing it.

Odd.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

The Halo-Killer.

Lumyst

I've been a Nintendo gamer since N64, and I too never even heard of Geist. I'd go to the store to look at games and (ask parents to buy) the big games like Zelda, Mario...Baten Kaitos...Resident Evil...but still, even though I got some games that weren't big traditional Nintendo games, I never heard of Geist. So use me as a case study of "typical gamer" who didn't spend his time tuned in to what was happening in the industry, got maybe 2 games a year, went some years without gaming at all. I never heard of Geist.

Jawmuncher

Wouldn't it be quicker and more definitive to extract the model from a disk image of the game and then turn it over to the desired angle in a 3D modeling program?

It would be but I don't think any of our current agents on the case have that type of field experience.

Only on GAF would this be happening on a Saturday night with this many people involved.

Good luck field agents. I am hoping for a good capture of this legendary growler.

WeakerYouth

Neo Member
Ok, screw it, I have the game, I have the gamecube hooked up, let's see if I can find this secretary of yours.

It's good people like you that make the internet worth coming back for. I suddenly can't wait to hear the results of this thing I didn't know existed 10 minutes ago and will have forgotten about in 2 days. Godspeed!

I've got a copy here. Maybe I'll check...

Incidentally, you can look up NG Resonance's skirt in Deus Ex Invisible War, and her bits are clearly modeled right there for you to see.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Amazing thread, I hope one of you guys who have the game will manage to get there and confirm.

Top Bottom