• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I crazy or did Geist have nudity

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
iifkI2VI5GXi.gif

It's 2:30 AM and I can't stop laughing.

Well I was already going to play my copy of Geist later this year. Now I got more to look forward (under) to. Thanks OP and great work Alo81.

Were this a thread that crossed my path as a younger, less-easily tired fellow, such confirmation would have been met with rapturous masturbation.

When I started reading, I thought about how neogaf needs more of these video game paranormal threads that mainly result from someone playing one game way too much as a kid. You know, when someone unearths suppressed memories largely influenced by hazy childhood interpretation (I have these visions of dinosaurs fighting claymation style, a UFO, and a barn that my brother also has).

This thread takes it to the next level by figuring that shit out. Sad, because now I know this thread will never be common and we'll all just go back to quotes from Cerny.

Anton668

fun ride peeps.

reminded me of when playing Guitar Hero 3(?), all the upskirt shots of Midori, I swore I saw something. Sadly I didnt have the tools at my disposal that vagina detective GAF has. dont have the orig and had it hosted on photobucket for some time so... this is all that is left of my snooping..

http://i.imgur.com/fb35jYu.jpg

When I started reading, I thought about how neogaf needs more of these video game paranormal threads that mainly result from someone playing one game way too much as a kid. You know, when someone unearths suppressed memories largely influenced by hazy childhood interpretation (I have these visions of dinosaurs fighting claymation style, a UFO, and a barn that my brother also has).

This thread takes it to the next level by figuring that shit out. Sad, because now I know this thread will never be common and we'll all just go back to quotes from Cerny.

I think the 'Games you remember, Names you don't' thread is brimming with similar posts. GAF's most knowledgeable users roam there like Gods.

cacildo

Okay I think this is gonna be my last post, so we truly know what happened and how.

I narrowed it down to being this texture, specifically the black trapezoid on the left. I made it 4x the size so you can really see well.

To figure out that was the texture and the spot, I replaced the texture with a different color. You can see it below here.

The result?

So now we know the culprit. It's a separate part of the texture, rendered only in that spot, and when it's changed it only changes that area.

Case closed.

Im confused. Is this "result" picture the insides of the vagina?

Rapstah

It's not a vagina, it's the inside of the skirt (black) contrasting to the top of the thighs where the stockings end.

Alright.

Well OP, you're both right and wrong.

I can see how, when playing it, it can totally look how you think it does.

From the rats perspective.

But, because of the magic of emulators, we can tool around outside of what the game normally lets you do.

Doing so, we can see it from a view that isn't the rats so doesn't have that filter.

Here's a view with no filter.

So, with that, if you get up close, you can see that it looks like that because it's actually not rendering anything at all.

So I see why you thought what you did, but it at least doesn't seem like something intentionally done by the devs.

Edit: Updated with 4K images.

Alright! So, there is definitely, 100%, a texture line right there.

It's visible here.

Seriously. Look closer.

No no. Closer.

It depends on how visible the model is on screen, but if they are fully in your view, then theres definitely a texture rendered RIGHT there.

For real.

Guys I think OP was right.

I just dumped the textures from that area and these seem to be the ones relevant to her. Can anyone find it?

gite01_3a3bf312_14_by_alo81-d6mcvk9.png

gite01_290b528c_14_by_alo81-d6mcvka.png

gite01_428dbba1_14_by_alo81-d6mcvkb.png

gite01_df3aba69_14_by_alo81-d6mcvkg.png

Okay I think this is gonna be my last post, so we truly know what happened and how.

I narrowed it down to being this texture, specifically the black trapezoid on the left. I made it 4x the size so you can really see well.

To figure out that was the texture and the spot, I replaced the texture with a different color. You can see it below here.

The result?

So now we know the culprit. It's a separate part of the texture, rendered only in that spot, and when it's changed it only changes that area.

Case closed.

WmDll.gif

Great job dude! This is the part of GAF I love. Getting all nostalgic for Geist now too.

MrT-Tar

I've just read this from start to finish and this is easily imo the best gaf thread I've seen. With this, the Winnie the Pooh flashgame thread right at the start of the year and the 'Betrayonetta' thread just over a year ago, my time on gaf has been an eventful one.

gerudoman

Awesome thread, not so cool remembering that I still own that piece of crap. I bought it for 3$ and I still regret buying it, I remember reading in Nintendo's magazines that it was going to be GC's Halo... lol.

moai

Amazing thread, read it from op to the last post. Refreshing and a rest from console warz.
guy deserves a detective tag or something.

Brofield

Holy shit. What a way to wake up this morning. To the thread at hand, Bomblord, thanks for bringing this hunch of yours to DetectiveGAF's attention. To Alo81, god bless you sir for your findings.

And for reading everyone's emotional responses to the revelations and plot twists. Marvelous.

10/10 would take to a nice seafood restaurant, call again.

The GH3 image looks pretty damning, though. On to the next case for the Mystery Crew!

Top Bottom