• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Files Countersuit Against Toys R Us

[6/28/2004 4:00:07 PM ET]

According to published reports, Amazon.com has filed a countersuit against Toys R Us, Inc., in response to a lawsuit filed by Toy R Us against the online retailer earlier this year.
The original lawsuit filed by Toys R Us claimed that Amazon was violating an agreement between the two, in which Toys R Us was to have exclusive rights to sell toy, game and baby products on Amazon.com through 2010. Toys R Us stated that it has paid $200.0 million over four years to Amazon for the special rights.
Amazon, seeking to dissolve the partnership, said the pair’s deal allowed other merchants to sell products in the previously mentioned categories and added that Toys R Us demonstrated a “chronic unwillingness or inability” to serve up a broad selection items in its categories. Amazon is seeking at least $750.0 million for lost shipping revenue and other costs.

*boggle* goes the mind

although it's true, TRU offered little in it's section of Amazon. Almost every toy I searched for on Amazon said "discontinued or out of stock." Well what the hell am I supposed to be buying from you people if nothing is in stock?

of couse, I used to work for TRU so I'm biased and hope that Amazon bleeds them dry. When a company cares more for the people that steal from them than it does for the employees that work for them, it's time for that company to end.

Alcibiades

considering this is an online retailer, you expect a wide selection of games as well, even obsure ones, but many (like REmake) are unavailable...

Grifter

I thought TRU didn't handle their games. Amazon's never been good about game stock and release dates anyway.

Link316

Banned
browsing for items such a pain in the ass, still don't know why they continue to refuse to let you filter out the items that are out of stock

ferricide

Grifter said:
I thought TRU didn't handle their games. Amazon's never been good about game stock and release dates anyway.
pretty sure they do; games are taxed in CA (nothing else on amazon is) so they're at least seperate of the main stock (if you live in CA, amazon stuff almost always ships out of nevada, rarely out of kentucky.)

the ad right on this page is calling it 'toysrus.com' video game software. that's the front page of the 'computer & video games' section of the site, linked off of amazon.com's front page.

Deku Tree

Amazon.com has a wider selection of video games online than anyone else IMO.
For instance, they were selling Disagea new when no one else had it used even.

Top Bottom