• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

Oh, well I was going for the sleep/snot bubble thing.
Either way may wanna ask someone like Labrys for help with it.

All I got is a super low-DPI mouse and Pixlr, so anything precise looks like crap. =P
I didn't want a precise looking logo, the logo looking so scrunched and tiny is why I liked it so much. I just want it by itself! :)

zigg

People are really overestimating the difficulty of getting into this game :p

It is such a friendly game to EVERYONE. Just dive in and it'll show you all you need to know!
Yeah, it's hella accessible. Just go in and explore. If something catches your eye, check it out, deep-dive if you need to. That's how I got into flowers originally seven years ago...

Zigg and I came up with an idea of bushes at the entry way to keep guests from going any further. And put up signs saying NO running lmao.
:D Yeah, at least some signage. Though I'm not sure exactly where I'll put it at the moment.

The bushes were gonna be a holding cell if I recall correctly. Wait for me to clear you to enter…

Here's some screenshots of the dirt/grass deterioration in this version:

tumblr_mk74kkNW321s4jcdto7_400.jpg
tumblr_mk74kkNW321s4jcdto4_400.jpg

tumblr_mk74n1cR1T1s4jcdto10_400.jpg
tumblr_mk74kkNW321s4jcdto1_400.jpg

It looks miles better than Shitty Folk.

AND LOOK AT THOSE BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS

So in a lot of the videos and screenshots I've seen, people have laid down patterns as paths. I've never really bothered with that, is it recommended to avoid grass wear or just because people think it looks nice? When there is the path, and then shrubs and flowers, and then a crap ton of trees, it just looks way too busy, at least I think so. Better to space things out a little, let them breathe.

pariah164

So, baaaad news. What I thought was just a one day remodel of my room has evolved, so to speak. My mother, in all her infinite wisdom, said 'I need this entertainment center cleared out, so do that ALL THIS WEEK, okay? Since our new treadmill is coming next week, it needs room. ... I didn't tell you about that? Don't be silly; of course I did!"

Sob. My life.

SO, TEAL DEER, time spent here by me in this glorious penultimate week may be short. But do not fret! Once I get my mitts on New Leaf, Sunday is miiiiiiine. :3

zigg

I keep seeing shots with absolutely massive flowerbeds. There is either (a) a high random spawn rate, (b) a way to buy lots more seeds than there ever was in previous entries, or (c) crazy dedication going on here that even I may not be able to match.

Or (d) all the flowers are just concentrated in one area of town…

SmithnCo

So in a lot of the videos and screenshots I've seen, people have laid down patterns as paths. I've never really bothered with that, is it recommended to avoid grass wear or just because people think it looks nice? When there is the path, and then shrubs and flowers, and then a crap ton of trees, it just looks way too busy, at least I think so. Better to space things out a little, let them breathe.

You can avoid grasswear but it's mainly for looks. Some patterns look better than others, I like simple brick ones.

It's both really. Patterns do seem to prevent grass wear (from what I've heard at least) but a lot of people just like the look of them in their town too.

If I do paths, they're going to be... tamer. Here's one I'm contemplating:

B00TE

SO, TEAL DEER, time spent here by me in this glorious penultimate week may be short. But do not fret! Once I get my mitts on New Leaf, Sunday is miiiiiiine. :3

At least you won't be super busy after you have New Leaf! I hope.

The thought that by this time next week we'll all be playing is givin' me way too much hype right now. So much I wanna do right at the start, haha.

For visiting friends...

Do NOT run. Grass and flowers deteriorate if you do.

Do NOT chop down valuable trees.

Do NOT dig holes without their permission.

Do NOT donate to their museum without their permission.

Do NOT let a neighbor adopt an offensive phrase in a friend's town.

Hmm.... I think that's about it.

Half of these are part of the fun of multiplayer. If I can't leave Pitfalls all around my friend's house then what's the point?

It's both really. Patterns do seem to prevent grass wear (from what I've heard at least) but a lot of people just like the look of them in their town too.

Looks great. I think I'm keeping this... lol

You can avoid grasswear but it's mainly for looks. Some patterns look better than others, I like simple brick ones.
Ah alright, thanks. Yeah I like the look of a lot of them, but you spend all this time putting down these patterns and then a new animal moves in on top of your path... It just seems like one thing to manage too many.

ohlawd

So, baaaad news. What I thought was just a one day remodel of my room has evolved, so to speak. My mother, in all her infinite wisdom, said 'I need this entertainment center cleared out, so do that ALL THIS WEEK, okay? Since our new treadmill is coming next week, it needs room. ... I didn't tell you about that? Don't be silly; of course I did!"

Sob. My life.

Your mom sounds real nice.

Here's another important matter.... do I have you added yet? I'd love to add you :3

I keep seeing shots with absolutely massive flowerbeds. There is either (a) a high random spawn rate, (b) a way to buy lots more seeds than there ever was in previous entries, or (c) crazy dedication going on here that even I may not be able to match.

Or (d) all the flowers are just concentrated in one area of town…

Keep in mind that this person has probably been playing for like 6 months by now.

Darryl

Banned
i added the 5 people above me and i'll add the 5 people below me

added: IamMattFox, BooJoh, dkeane, SparksterMeta0, GundamBanshee

On the topic of town rules... I think there's a fine line to be drawn between running North Korea and letting everyone run around chaotic chopping down tress. I would prefer that my visitors not cut down my trees or destroy all my flowers. But I'm also not going to rain death upon you if you dig a funny pitfall in front of my house, lol.

zigg

Zigg, its also very possible she had a lot of help. :)

Keep in mind that this person has probably been playing for like 6 months by now.
All possibilities! I'm just hoping it isn't too easy :D

On the topic of town rules... I think there's a fine line to be drawn between running North Korea and letting everyone run around chaotic chopping down tress. I would prefer that my visitors not cut down my trees or destroy all my flowers. But I'm also not going to rain death upon you if you dig a funny pitfall in front of my house, lol.
Pitfalls are fine with me too. I also accept buried presents provided the burial wasn't destructive ;)

That's a great pattern. I'd love to do something similar. Is there more of these somewhere?

On another note, I need to update the information I submitted to the database, namely 'Town Ordinance' (Beautiful Town) and 'Content Rating' (PG-13), to be on the safe side.

Philia

I'm only adding people in my timezone for now. That list is growing fast!

Benefits of waiting to add people (obviously once I get my poptart bundle), is that I'll know which have fruits that I needed and add them promptly. :) But yeah, I'd add EST people myself too with a few foreigners for regional items.

when I got friends over my town, is it possible to kick them out if they're doing something unpleasant?

Yes you can just switch your wifi button off. You'll go back to the save prior to their entry.

That's a great pattern. I'd love to do something similar. Is there more of these somewhere?

On another note, I need to update the information I submitted to the database, namely 'Town Ordinance' (Beautiful Town) and 'Content Rating' (PG-13), to be on the safe side.

Thanks for bolding that for me, I'd not catch that lol. Editing...

Clefargle

Would anyone be so kind as to either edit my avatar to include the leaf or point me towards the original image so I can try myself? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom