• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any Black Ops 2 Wii U Reviews or Impressions?

That's an offline match. You could always play offline splitscreen no matter what version you have. It's whether you can play it online WITH splitscreen that I'm not sure about. You sure that's the feature they're touting?

Ohhh - am not sure. Giantbomb are talking about it atm. We'll see.

LIVE Edit: Yeah Giantbomb seem to have a guest as the second controller. You can join with a guest, but like COD4 - do they not allow that anymore?

Yeah their in a lobby as two people on one system through one Network ID.

You can not play online with one player on the TV and the other on the gamepad. Been playing for the last couple hours and there is no option for this feature. You can only do it in local games.

Drakeon

You can not play online with one player on the TV and the other on the gamepad. Been playing for the last couple hours and there is no option for this feature. You can only do it in local games.

Bummer, that sounded like the best part of the Wii U version.

hatchx

Banned

Can we still do split screen online?

the 2 player double screen mode they are doing on the Bomb stream right now looks cool.

The GB guys are doing this live, right now, on their stream. The frame rate seems to take a hit but it seems like a cool bonus feature.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Can we still do split screen online?

On the Giant Bomb stream right now, they are doing "split screen" in which one player is on the TV screen and the other player is on the gamepad screen.

Volcynika

the 2 player double screen mode they are doing on the Bomb stream right now looks cool.

The GB guys are doing this live, right now, on their stream. The frame rate seems to take a hit but it seems like a cool bonus feature.

Yeah. Much better than splitscreen, that's for sure.

vocab

Just watched the giant bomb stream. You can do one person on the screen, and one person on the gamepad.

Just watched the giant bomb stream. You can do one person on the screen, and one person on the gamepad.

You are correct. I was just missing the option, so correction you can, just need to make sure you have an online profile for the second controller of course before you can get online.

I've got it running on my Wii Game Pad right next to me. It doesn't have stereoscopic 3D support which is a shame, but it runs well on the pad that's for sure. Dark10x posted some very positive things about playing the game on the pad in another thread.

Margalis

Banned
One free game at the time.

I love the idea of "games journalists" just sitting there waiting for the package to arrive while people are going to the store, buying the game, playing on Twitch.tv, etc. Way to make themselves completely laughable and irrelevant.

The laziness is striking as is how completely out of touch these guys are with the average consumer.

PSGames

On the Giant Bomb stream right now, they are doing "split screen" in which one player is on the TV screen and the other player is on the gamepad screen.

That is so freaking awesome! Headed to the store to buy a copy right now!

Huff

Banned
Dude came in here explaining why there hasn't been much info from the press. Look I don't like him or his site either, but yal are being a bunch of jackasses

thefro

Dude came in here explaining why there hasn't been much info from the press. Look I don't like him or his site either, but yal are being a bunch of jackasses

Sure, they can lose hits to other people who actually put some effort into covering the Wii U.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Actually, the thread was asking for reviews or impressions. Nowhere did the OP ask for coverage only "from established game sites" or anything like that. Dude who works at such a site decided to come in and tell us all why his site isn't covering the game yet. No one was asking, and I doubt many people care since the game is already released and readily available. Luckily, there are people out there providing information for those who are interested.

His attitude just bothers me. Him stating mater-of-factly that "no one is getting code until tomorrow" as if there's no other way for a person to play the game comes off as terribly arrogant.

Margalis

Banned

His explanation was "we are cheap and lazy and we won't review any game unless it arrives free in the mail."

Why would you not laugh at that?

His site is supposed to provide info to consumers and they've chosen not to do that to save on a one-time cost of $60.

Would you not laugh at a movie reviewer who only reviewed movies when he got mailed a DVD?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
His explanation was "we are cheap and lazy and we won't review any game unless it arrives free in the mail."

Why would you not laugh at that?

His site is supposed to provide info to consumers and they've chosen not to do that to save on a one-time cost of $60.

Would you not laugh at a movie reviewer who only reviewed movies when he got mailed a DVD?

The reviewer does not have a Wii U. What would you have them do?

Morts

I played the first three missions and one online game (team deathmatch). I found players almost immediately despite the eShop and Miiverse being ridiculously slow right now. My first impression is that it looks better than Black Ops 1 on PS3, but I never played a CoD on 360 to compare.

There's an option on the gamepad to display the game on both screens, but once you've done that I don't know how to undo it. Any ideas?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Why would we care what Polygon does? If getting ahold of Wii units is not their priority, that's fine. Why come into a thread where no one mentioned their site and explain why they won't be covering the game? Do they think they are so important that they automatically assume that people are hoping for coverage from Polygon when someone poses the question "Any reviews or impressions for XXXX game?"

Not only that, but it just comes off as arrogant to me to immediately jump into a thread asking for impressions of an already released game and say, "no one is getting code until tomorrow" as if people shouldn't expect any kind of information about the game until Activision sends out free copies of it to websites.

I played the first three missions and one online game (team deathmatch). I found players almost immediately despite the eShop and Miiverse being ridiculously slow right now. My first impression is that it looks better than Black Ops 1 on PS3, but I never played a CoD on 360 to compare.

There's an option on the gamepad to display the game on both screens, but once you've done that I don't know how to undo it. Any ideas?

yep, hold + and -

Y2Kev

I would make sure my reviewers had access to a Wii U?

2+2=4 etc.

I'm sure the reviewer will have one. It's Sunday. Maybe they're just enjoying their Sunday? It's not like we're awash in coverage of many of the other ports from other outlets...

Why would we care what Polygon does? If getting ahold of Wii units is not their priority, that's fine. Why come into a thread where no one mentioned their site and explain why they won't be covering the game? Do they think they are so important that they automatically assume that people are hoping for coverage from Polygon when someone poses the question "Any reviews or impressions for XXXX game?"

Not only that, but it just comes off as arrogant to me to immediately jump into a thread asking for impressions of an already released game and say, "no one is getting code until tomorrow" as if people shouldn't expect any kind of information about the game until Activision sends out free copies of it to websites.

Polygon probably has Wii units at work. The reviewer might just not have a personal unit and the game was not available at stores (I think) until late last week or today. So the reviewer might just not have had the physical capability to review it.

I think Arthur was just trying to explain why there isn't a lot of coverage of the game yet (there hasn't been a release of code from Activision yet). I don't think he was trying to say anything about Polygon.

Margalis

Banned

Use an office one? Buy one?

I don't understand the question. If they are planning on reviewing the game obviously the reviewer is going to have access to a console. Otherwise what are they planning on doing, a box-art review?

So the reviewer might just not have had the physical capability to review it.

Normal users have the capability. Websites with all their money and access don't? And the thread was about impressions, not just reviews.

When an everyday user can walk into the store, buy the game and stream it on Twitch.tv that idea that the best and most revolutionary new website about games doesn't have access to the game is ridiculous. This is their job right?

"I didn't finish my New Yorker piece because I don't own a pencil."

(there hasn't been a release of code from Activision yet)

But there has.

I'm sure the reviewer will have one. It's Sunday. Maybe they're just enjoying their Sunday? It's not like we're awash in coverage of many of the other ports from other outlets...

Polygon probably has Wii units at work. The reviewer might just not have a personal unit and the game was not available at stores (I think) until late last week or today. So the reviewer might just not have had the physical capability to review it.

I think Arthur was just trying to explain why there isn't a lot of coverage of the game yet (there hasn't been a release of code from Activision yet). I don't think he was trying to say anything about Polygon.

I don't believe the online worked until late last night. IGN said something along those lines. http://www.ign.com/blogs/bullseye2/2012/11/16/a-note-on-wii-u-reviews/

shuri

Banned
Why are we defending Polygon here again? Why are they getting so much push on NeoGaf? Nobody on GAF should have to care about how they get their games or if they have the frigging console; or that they are so small-time that they cant get a review copy.

The frigging TOPIC of this thread is Black Ops 2 wii.

Y2Kev

1) I'm not defending polygon. I think they are pretty uniformly bad.
2) I think it's reasonable that, on a weekend, you might not see coverage of a port until the Monday or Tuesday after launch. That's all.

Use an office one? Buy one?

I don't understand the question. If they are planning on reviewing the game obviously the reviewer is going to have access to a console.

Yes, on a work day I imagine she would.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

That would have made sense if this thread got posted on Friday or something. The only people with the systems then would have been game sites or people that got ahold of it early somehow. However, the system and all its launch games came out today. It's been in players' hands for quite a few hours now. It's entirely reasonable to expect that there are impressions out there on the Internet, somewhere, whether it's from a dedicated video games site or not.

It struck me as overly self important to come in and justify his website's position when no one was really asking.

I'll admit I'm biased, though. I'm really sour on his site and most of its staff for a variety of reasons.

Margalis

Banned
This is what Arthur said:

I was telling you what I was told by Activision PR. If you want to troll me for that, be my guest.

This was with regards to "nobody is getting code until tomorrow."

So let me get this straight: Activision PR told Arthur that nobody is getting the game until tomorrow, even though the game can be purchased today and thousands of people already got it?

How does that even make sense?

Guys, Activision PR just told me that The Avengers is releasing in theaters tomorrow. Sounds legit.

Struct09

Played a bit of multiplayer with the Pro Controller. The Pro Controller feels better than I thought it would, plus the game runs and looks good.

Top Bottom