• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

any videocard help please?

Joe

1) ATI Sapphire Radeon 9600 256MB DDR 8X AGP

2) Info-Tek ATI RADEON 9600PRO Video Card, 256MB DDR, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "R9600-PRO D3H"

3) POWERCOLOR ATI RADEON 9800SE Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "R98SE-C3"

id really appreciate the help on this. im gonna be using this card for gaming.

i'll also take suggestions for cards in the same range.

Slo

I'd pick up aluminum cans until I could afford to get a *real* 9800 Pro. $200 is well worth the price.

Hajaz

3) POWERCOLOR ATI RADEON 9800SE Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "R98SE-C3"

theres a good chance that that model can be softmodded to a full 9800pro.

Go to www.rage3d.com and do a search on the tweaking forum for that particular card.
If its the right model this card is an absolute steal

Hajaz said:

Go to www.rage3d.com and do a search on the tweaking forum for that particular card.

And there's a good chance he'll destroy the card in the process. And if it's only a placeholder till August/September, why not just wait the measly two months?

Hajaz said:

There's also a good chance that the 9800SE only uses half the pipelines a 9800 non-pro does. And there's also a good chance only the regular 9800's can be soft modded to Pros. In this instance, however, good chance = yes.

Top Bottom