• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone have Saturn NETLINK and wanna play online sometime?

I have a saturn netlink, havent used it since the saturn/psx days..

not even sure what games I have that would take use of it.. i am sure i have duke 3d, as thats what i would mostly play..

i also have the keyboard adaptor..

if anyone else has netlink and wantst to try setting up some games sometime, lemme know.. i need to track down sega rally/daytona CCE netlink editions, and virtual on..

could be fun.. i have unlimited free long distance, so i can call too..

post here with netlink thoughts!

yes i know netlink is out-dated.. but only with netlink can you play online via console:

the best bomberman ever

virtual on

sega rally

those are 3 huge reasons to give it a go!

GigaDrive

Banned
hey I recently got Saturn Bomberman so we could play that if you also have it.

Unfortunately I don't have any other Netlink games currently

my AOL Instant Messenger screen name is: segagigadrive

email: gigadrive@mail.com

good play times for me would be from 12 noon and onwards, today saturday and the same time on sunday, central time. so that's 1:00 pm eastern or 10:00 am pacific.

neptunes

give up dude, you won't find anyone.

unless you set up a saturn netlink nostalgia website were people like you can get together and have fun. :)

GigaDrive

Banned
No! never give up man, you WILL find some Netlinkers to play with. I was in the same boat a few weeks ago, not knowing who if anyone i would find to play.

Lazy8s is around somewhere, he has some netlink games... bomberman for certain cause i played him the other week.

be sure to check out www.onlineconsoles.com the boards there have some netlinkers who hang out.

p.s. the nice thing about Netlink games is, they will never ever go offline like dreamcast. no internet at all, since its direct dial ... not that you didnt know that already, but just in case :)

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
The Net Link provides for a pretty seamless experience too since the connection is so direct.

I'd definitely be up for some games. Duke is great fun hunting within those multi-faceted levels with so many ambush spots and passageways to hide in, and it's nice that it also lets you play through the game in co-operative mode. I've got Duke Nukem and am not charged for long distance time as well, so we should schedule a convenient day/time to play if you're interested. I'll try to see about using the mailbox for Private Messages here.

hey man, yah, lets definately get some duke 3d going.. used to play deathmatch back in the day over it, and it was seamless and alot of fun..

i gotta hook my saturn up first, then hook up my netlink,

lets try compiling a list of anyone that mgiht want to play on netlink here.

Top Bottom