• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone snag any decent Black Friday deals yet??

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Demons Souls (on that dreaded disc format so you’ll need to get off your fat ass) - £37

Also Returnal for £43 -

Just Guardians of the Galaxy so far.
I was convinced I would buy Sackboy when it hit $30, but I got to the store and watched the trailer again and decided to wait for $20 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Considering Rider’s Republic and the Valhalla season pass still. Maybe PGA Tour on Xbox (I have it through PS Plus, but prefer to play on Xbox).

Disappointed Ghost of Tsushima DC is not on sale.
It is, 25% off or something like that.

Deerock71

I think the only deal I've snagged so far is the Nintendo first party games for 26.99 each. That wasn't too shabby.

Vagswarm

Not this year. Didn't realize how many of the games on sale I already own and are waiting in the backlog, lol. Probably just wait for Halo Infinite and call it a year.

*Edit: Got Days Gone for $30 on Steam. lol

Last edited:

Deerock71

All I want is a Steam Deck.
uC69rAn.png
Timmy, there will be no Steam Decks under Christmas trees this year. Santa overworked his elves, you see...

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I bought Dying Light Enhanced Edition on PSN. I’m waiting for the PS5 update. I started it yesterday, but the main plot sits way below the atmosphere and attacking zombies. Definitely didn’t get it for the story. I did one thing that doesn’t make sense to me now, but I’ve wanted to play The Witcher 3 again because it’s been a while. I put over 150 hours into the game back in 2015. I have the deluxe edition already on PS4 and on PC. Whenever I download it I have to download every little piece of DLC, so I bought the GOTY edition for under $10. It was at a cost, but I don’t have to have a couple dozen things downloading all at once either.

Last edited:
I missed out on the Amazon $26.99 deal, and I'm not going to Gamestop*, so I bought a couple of Nintendo first party games for the Switch at Best Buy that were $39.99 each (Link's Awakening and SMBU). And also bought Super Mario 3D World which was not on a BF deal but instead just a regular $10 off (so, $49.99), but Super Mario 3D World I would buy at full price any time. So, OK but not great deals.

* I'm not a moralist, or have principles about almost anything in life, but one thing I absolutely refuse to do is to buy anything from Gamestop :messenger_tears_of_joy:

MikeM

Nope. Holding out because of my christmas list to the wife and family has RE7, Returnal and Death Stranding. My backlog does not need to grow any further right now, espicially with Halo Infinite right around the corner.

manfestival

Seems like Guardians is destined for Game Pass. Been too busy with these games lately to invest in it despite planning on taking the time for it.

Might just wait to see what steam or epic games come up with for sales.

Soltype

I've been looking , but I feel like the deals this year are kind of crap. I haven't seen anything that's worth going out for.

Corndog

Banned
Oddly enough, I got a Wifi6 router last year and it had poor coverage in the dead zones in my home office compared to the Wifi 5 router i ended up replacing it with. It also didnt work with my work laptop which refused to pick up the wifi signal from a wifi 6 router. Super weird. I got a great deal on it and wanted to keep it.
I had to install wireless driver by hand for my laptop to work on a newer router once. It was an intel one.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Nothing for me... What I really need can't be bought on a store. 💔

weed

KiteGr

Nioh collection ps5 40€
Blasphemous ps4 22€
Alan Wake remaster ps5 25€
Death Stranding DC ps5 40€ (though i had a coupon and paid 15€)

All retail!

Last edited:

Excess

Microsoft sent me a private link to buy the Series X, but I didn't realize until 4 hours later and they were out of stock by then.

Oh well, don't really want one anyway.

Just Switch stuff so far:
2 copies of Dying Light @$35 each
1 copy of Hades @ $20
Amazon order

Gamestop order
2 copies of Monster Hunter Rise @ $25 each
1 copy of Monster Hunter Stoies 2 @$40
1 Copy of 3d World/Bowsers Fury @$35
So a little over $200 so far for 7 games.

Thought about Back 4 Blood for $25 on ps 4 or xbox but passed for now due to online only , may or may not get another game or 2 . Most likely not.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Just guardians of the galaxy and another year of gamepass for me. Then a couple of gamepass cards for my nefew. Might get him a few other games over the weekend depending.

Last edited:

Paasei

I will probably pick up Days Gone for PC. Never played it, but to be honest I have no clue if it's actually discounted. Can't see from work.

Will see if I can find a good deal on Super Smash Ultimate and Luigi's Mansion 3. I only want physical copies for Switch.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen any deals on the Switch Pro Controller this year?
Looks like cyber Monday at Target you can get one for $50 at Target or $47.50 w Red card. I would try that.

andrespi

Got some pretty good deals this year:

Digital:
Assassin's Creed Valhalla PS4 & PS5 €34,99 (but this was actually much cheaper, because I entirely paid for it using a psn gift card that I bought at 24% discount a few weeks ago)
Burnout™ Paradise Remastered Xbox €4,99

Amazon:
Riders Republic Limited Xbox - Amazon exclusive - Xbox €38,98

Local Store (in italy):
PS4 Medievil pre-owned + Xbox One Sniper Elite III Ultimate Edition preowned + PS5 Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart preowned+ PS4 Nobunaga's Ambition: Taishi New for 58,06 €
(it was a promotion for black friday of this game store: buy any 1 new game and any 3 pre-owned games in a single purchase and you get 50% discount on all the 3 chosen pre-owned games). price includes fast shipping at home. This was definitely the best deal I could get: 4 different games, including Rift Apart for less than 60 € (and including shipping) was a bargain.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Just swiped an absolute fucking steal on Amazon UK. They were running a promotion on the Oculus Quest 2 128gb, £300 with a £50 "cashback" voucher which is already good - noticed later that the price had gone down to £250 with the bonus still attached, so I cancelled and re-ordered at that price.

So basically £200 for a new Oculus Quest 2 which is nuts, I think it was pretty clearly a pricing error because that model is no longer listed to buy at all. Hopefully they honour it.

Top Bottom