• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AOC have introduced 4 new gaming monitors with Gsync/Freesync and HDR

Does the 27" model include FALD?
Claiming "HDR" on anything not an OLED without FALD is very dubious to me.

I'm still most excited for the Asus/Acer 35" models. It would have been nice to have a (probably cheaper) alternative, but no FALD is no go.

Usually they are the same quality or cheaper -- but if one is (512-zone!) FALD and one isn't then there isn't even a contest.
First link in the OP says the 4K 27inch will have FALD but unfortunately the Ultrawide will not.

I believe the upcoming ASUS/Acer Ultrawide HDRs will have FALD

dr_rus

A flat 35 inch *monitor* would be unusable.

Curve is a gimmick on TVs but is appropriate for larger ultrawide desktop monitors

A flat 35 inch xVA *monitor*. IPS or OLED would be fine.

how much is the x35 supposed to cost?

i have an x34 and that is definitely an upgrade

No pricing details were provided yet for any of the three displays (Asus, Acer, AOC) using this panel.

I doubt that it will cost more than the 27" 4K one which is expected to land between $1500 and $2000. My guess would be between $1000 and $1500.

dr_rus

No, it's not just a viewing angles thing. with how close people sit to desktop monitors, flat 35 inches would be silly.

No it wouldn't. A curved display doesn't do much to change the fact that you may not see the sides of it as clearly as the center. That's just how our eyes work.

Top Bottom