• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

El Topo

Regarding your "reasoning":
1)I think I wrote multiple times that while I believe Seath is honest regarding his alignment, he might be lying about his role. I also tried to explain that lynching neutral players is not necessary, which served my own purpose (being neutral) and was also supposed to be a hint about my own alignment.

2)I'm pretty sure that post was before today, when he emphasized how you should lynch me immediately. I'd like to stress that I'm pretty sure that post was when I was under attack and I thought it would not serve my own purpose to accuse others in that situation. I personally wouldn't trust someone who throws around theories/accusations while being pressured. I considered that post, similar to the one regarding Seath, deflection.

Before you attempt to be clever again cabbeh, I'm not under pressure at this moment, it is certain you will lynch me.

3/4)I didn't prepare anything for that day. I had prepared several roles earlier, but I didn't come up with a grand strategy on how to react for that day, because I wasn't sure if I would live on. I would also like to point out that if I had died, I would have taken someone with me, thus it would not have been "for naught".

My post regarding Palmer and you was also followed by many more (by me, you and Palmer), none of which have exactly inspired confidence in either of you. Again, I don't think you are necessarily mafia, your claim seems pretty solid, but it is definitely not optimal for an ordinary town member to reveal that, if true.

Robin Hood? Is he in the show?

Haven't watched all seasons, but I don't think so. There are Archer-related roles and archer-related roles.

I wanna play with you when you are serious one day. Your Blargonaut incarnation is quite a thing, but I think with Blargonaut, one has to go Full Blargonaut, whilst the same can't be advised for going Darryl. One should never go Full Darryl :O

While I was in to have fun, I was obviously somewhat serious nonetheless. It's not like I planned from the very beginning to post endless defenses. Palmer's accusations threw me off and I should have ignored them, but they were so ludicrous and vague, I couldn't really let that baseless stuff stand. Seriously, you could take the same criteria and apply them to virtually all players (with more than a handful of posts) to fit them to your narrative. I also didn't really expect anyone to fall for that.

After hyping the next day, I decided to attempt a semi-honest role claim (though I didn't prepare anything specifically for that day), namely one that incorporates the chance to kill at night (but only once instead of the two remaining ones) and would also explain what happened before, at least partially true (both times I targeted roy).

I thought after the last day there was no way whatsoever anyone would let me off the hook without a reveal and that revealing a role without powers or a town-related role (due to the hints) would be utterly unbelievable and/or get me lynched regardless.

To avoid that anyone might have the role or other suspicion regarding the flavor, I decided to go with a role that similarly to my actual role was only related to Archer by name. There's not too many famous archers/Archers that would make sense or fit the flavor, so I went with Cate Archer, which also allowed me to add gadgets.

cabot

Don't particularly see why revealing being a townie early is dangerous, unless absolutely everyone is doing it.

In a crowd of 23, one townie being confirmed isn't going to cause a lot of trouble.

I'd also like to say that while I did indeed claim in my first post, I never actually brought it up again until squidy revealed Ouro's error. It wasn't like I was jumping around saying I was town all day every day.

I'll miss you Topo. Probably.

;)

Where is that standing ovation gif when I needs it :D

Goddamn, theGoddamn, that was a beautiful Archer roleclaim <3 Brought tears to my eyes *______*

tumblr_inline_nrrqzaGMGN1r5bpxi_500.gif

Absolute work of art *____* BRAVA~

Hobohodo

So in regards to us not ending the day early, if we did end the day at a different time it may give us a different pool of players in the rush to get on a mission. Mazre did mention it previously as its one of our options if we don't want him volunteering next time. Whilst I'm not trying to say we block out Mazre specifically it could be something to consider if we want fresh faces on the mission. Just a thought is all.

Topopi, for whats it worth, I think the Cate Archer role was inspired *____* ...... except that most of us havent the faintest idea about NOLF .... :x Sorry wasn't born at the right time ;____;

Thanks for your input on Palmer. He's certainly a player to be wary of ... mmmm

squidyj

I think your assumption that mafia would go for a prominent member straight off the bat is wrong. On the contrary, surely you would go for the middle of the liners, who don't show much suspicion and don't particularly rock the boat. Why? because it's hard to create logic out of killing quiet non-entities. It's why I think burbeting was mafia target on N2.

He was coming off as town (in my opinion) but he was posting at a level that was deemed acceptable, but not over the top.

This is why I think that ezekel's claim is not weakened by roy's death. I could be wrong, but hey, it's all reads and opinions, right?

His reaction to Mission: Intopoble fits with the idea that there is still a chance that El Topo could be the honeypot. I guess we just don't really have enough of a solid link one way or the other, except the lack of a counter-claim currently leaning towards Ezekel being honest.

It's more than that, drones and non-powerful roles are more likely to throw themselves into the mix generally as they do not fear exposing themselves as much, information gathering roles in particular tend to leave people playing things closer to the vest (which can often be a mistake). It puts them in a similar mindset of mafia in terms of not wanting to stand out necessarily.

Meanwhile for the same reasons talkative players are more likely to receive the attentions of town support roles so mafia can dodge this by targetting the larger pool of quieter players.

If I was mafia I would target non-talkers on night 1 to increase my chances of a succesful kill, my chances of killing a power role, and reducing the connections.

El Topo

If I was mafia I would target non-talkers on night 1 to increase my chances of a succesful kill, my chances of killing a power role, and reducing the connections.

Yup. It's the quiet ones (or semi-quiet ones) that I would look out for as mafia. I think the mission mechanic however allows even power roles to participate more than usual, because killing someone on a mission is expensive.

cabot

I tried going through Mazre's posts and determining a read but I really did not get much of anywhere.

Mike_Hawk did make some posts early on in the day but has since went quiet.

I'm starting to become more and more suspicious of Questionbro as time goes on.

Darryl

Banned
No mafia is gonna trip over themselves when we have decided the day eviction. This holds true for the majority of today. We should get on with the game. To keep spirits up or something.

Let's get to the cream-filled center of Topo already. Hopefully the night missions don't get all gossiped out. I miss them so.

cabot

I do have a friend visiting me tonight until Saturday, so cutting the day short wouldn't be unwelcome to me.

I'll let others decide and vote/notvote accordingly

Ourobolus

Banned
CURRENT VOTES

Septimus Prime (1)
squidyj
Haly
Seath
cabbeh
Darryl

YesNOnoNOYes (0)
Septimus Prime

El Topo (7)
squidyj
cabbeh
Palmer_v1
Mike_Hawk689
EzekelRAGE
Darryl
YesNOnoNOYes
cabbeh
EzekelRAGE
Kristoffer
Darryl
Mazre
squidyj

Seath (0)
YesNOnoNOYes

Palmer_v1 (1)
Enker

TheAwesomePossum (1)
Haly
Kristoffer

Darryl (1)
Septimus Prime

Kristoffer (0)
EzekelRAGE

Haly (0)
squidyj

Mazre (1)
QuantumBro

10 votes are needed for majority today.

Day 3 Ends:
t1440104400z1.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Any update on Possum? How long does he have left?

I've had a problem with the roleclaim because why would the mafia even target Ezekel on N1? He wasn't particularly prominent on D1. It seems more likely that mafia targeted a prominent player then, and roy also protected that prominent player.

I think I was targeted mostly because ppl took notice of how I wasn't posting like I did last game, so gave them the idea I mightve had a power role. Also I was helpful to town a lot in the last game. Either one, but especially the second one is a good reason to get rid of me. Also with one active protection role that we know of, and there are at least two killers (KGB/ET) it's not unlikely that Roy protected a KGB kill on N2 from someone else..

Ourobolus, I want to kill him myself for wasting our time!
Whats with the sudden change in posting behavior? What changed? The reasons you continued to come after me after I said it was a waste of time are still the same.
- You still can't trust ET
- You still wanted to save him after his Robin Hood claim.

None of that stopped you from trying to delay ET's lynch before.

Also, any response to this?
Believe what you want. But why are you happy at the fact that you think I am not bulletproof?

El Topo

Yessir. You know it's not personal. I like playing with you and hope you end up in more games with me!

Eh, nothing personal for me either. While I think it's a move that will hurt town, I can't really complain too much. I'm dubious about the success of town, but it's still early. We'll see.

That said, I'm not going to let some non-British peasant cast the deciding vote.

VOTE:El Topo

Palmer_v1

Eh, nothing personal for me either. While I think it's a move that will hurt town, I can't really complain too much. I'm dubious about the success of town, but it's still early. We'll see.

That said, I'm not going to let some non-British peasant cast the deciding vote.

VOTE:El Topo

Does Ouro allow self-flagellation? I can't remember. If so, RIP! I still say the Cate Archer claim was pretty great, and I didn't speak up, but I'm on of the few that probably played it.

We can always use more NOLF video games.

Kevyt

Well I can still try to make time for Mafia!

I am so sorry Topo for voting for you! It seems everyone else is. I don't know which version of your supposed role claim is true but it seems that you are lying anyways. I don't mind, since I like your "having fun" philosophy, and I agree!

However, the way you are playing is very anti-town, and while I'm suspicious of Squidyj, I feel that as of recently, you are more suspicious than he is as of now.

So...

Unvote: Septimus Prime

I did read Septimus Prime reasoning for voting for YNNY, but I am still not completely sold on his reasoning.

Vote: El Topo

Unvote: Septimus Prime

I did read Septimus Prime reasoning for voting for YNNY, but I am still not completely sold on his reasoning.

Vote: El Topo
That's completely fair, hence the unvote.

At any rate, I was buying El Topo's role claim until he started going nuts with additional role claims. At this point, the only thing that's probably true is that he's unaligned.

Is it night now?

El Topo

That's completely fair, hence the unvote.

At any rate, I was buying El Topo's role claim until he started going nuts with additional role claims. At this point, the only thing that's probably true is that he's unaligned.

Is it night now?

Eh, the actual role reveal wasn't to save myself.

Palmer_v1

I forgot to do this the other night, but Cop should consider investigating Darryl.

Role blockers, who knows.

Trackers/Watchers, maybe Hobo? I dunno.

Ourobolus

Banned
DAY 3 has ended!

VOTES

Septimus Prime (0)
squidyj
Haly
Seath
cabbeh
Darryl

YesNOnoNOYes (0)
Septimus Prime

El Topo (11)
squidyj
cabbeh
Palmer_v1
Mike_Hawk689
EzekelRAGE
Darryl
YesNOnoNOYes
cabbeh
EzekelRAGE
Kristoffer
Darryl
Mazre
squidyj
cabbeh
Palmer_v1
El Topo
Seath

Seath (0)
YesNOnoNOYes

Palmer_v1 (1)
Enker

TheAwesomePossum (1)
Haly
Kristoffer

Darryl (1)
Septimus Prime

Kristoffer (0)
EzekelRAGE

Haly (0)
squidyj

Mazre (1)
QuantumBro

VOLUNTEERS

Mazre
squidyj
EzekelRAGE
Palmer_v1
===BACKUP===
Darryl

"Enough of these shenanigans!" Malory screamed. "I don't care if you're a member of the Tasmanian Parliament in the late 1800s-"
"What?" El Topo interrupted, head tilted to the side.
Malory seethed. "The Archer Family? Christ, read a book! GET HIM!"

El Topo sprung from his chair and hurried into the elevator. Trying to catch up to him, the agents scrambled down the stairwell, hoping to beat him to the bottom, but they were too late. El Topo rushed out from the elevator and into the streets with the agents in hot pursuit.

They followed him for several blocks. Hopelessly lost in this city, El Topo spied a large mansion on the corner and busted down the front door, hoping to hide from his pursuers, and dropping his bow and quiver in the process. The agents entered the building, with Cheryl spying the lost weapon. She picked it up, giggling psychotically, slinging the quiver over her shoulder. "OUTLAW BLUEGRASS!" She cried.

El Topo hurried from room to room, angrily muttering under his breath as each door was locked in turn. Desperately he ran up the stairs, finally opening an unlocked door leading to the roof.

Cheryl screamed, "I got this!" She nocked an arrow to her bow and set it ablaze from a nearby brazier. Aiming out the door, she fired the weapon at El Topo, nearly hitting him, but burying the shaft (PHRASING, BOOM) into the roof, setting the entire top of the building on fire. As the flames rose higher and higher, El Topo haphazardly ran towards the spire, the flames licking his luxurious coat.

Qm9A7Rd.jpg

The agents finally made it onto the roof, only for El Topo to make one last ditch effort, flinging himself from the roof into the moat below. Cheryl laughed once more, took aim with El Topo's last arrow, and let loose the missile. The bolt struck true; El Topo...was no more.

7QATFmP.jpg

"YEAH! OOH-DE-LALLY!" Cheryl squealed.

Malory asked, "Don't you own this place?"
Cheryl responded, "Yeah, but I've got like, a couple billion dollars worth of insurance on it."
"Why do you have a moat, anyway?"
"Oh, great-grandpa said he used it to keep the blacks from escaping."

El Topo said:
You are Robin Hood, the Archer.

You are unaligned.

What the hell are you doing here? You&#8217;ve somehow ended up in the wrong game. Sherwood Forest is that-a-way. And, of course, you only brought three arrows in your quiver. You&#8217;ve got to get out of here. These people are INSANE. During the night phase, you may PM me the command KILL: <player> to assassinate one player. You only have three shots - make them count and you just might be able to escape.

You win if you manage to kill three other players during the night. If any of your shots miss, your win condition changes to simply surviving until the end of the game.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role. The public game thread is here.

Night 3 has begun.

Day 4 will begin at:
t1440277200z1.png

Mission details will be provided shortly.

Top Bottom