• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you a perv when playing video games?

Maybe I'm being critical of a gaf sacred horse but .. Persona 4 makes me feel like a Perv when playing.

Everyone seems so obsessed with the opposite sex, or the same sex, or nudity. The teacher seems borderline pedo, two of the first three dungeons are desperate attempts to save the honour of the character trapped in them before they abuse themselves on TV, there is a walk-on by a creepy idol fan who complains to the cops that taking pictures through windows of girls is not illegal in this country.

Yeah ok so that's what teenagers in a mixed sex school mostly care about. And Japan is male dominated, and has that culture. etc.
But it means the game has a narrower appeal than I imagined.

JSoup

Banned
One of my WoW characters is a female goblin.
I noticed when leveling here that there are several leather chest pieces that are meant to sit across the sternum like a plate that instead follow the curves of the model and make the breasts really "pop". I became interested in this for a while and have a collection of items that do that and transmog them on all the time.

That's about as pervy as I get in games. And even then, I see it as less "being pervy" so much as "this looks like a neat costuming option, let's explore it".

I can't believe I'm bringing this up but doesn't Fang have like a panty shot in FFXIII?

What do you mean "a"?
She's got several panty shots. The game shoves them in your face.

Owwari

Banned
For shame, I'd have to admit I was BRED into one.
My first ever online game didn't help at all:

L2femcharSM.jpg

Lineage 2.

I was 13-14 back then.

Yeah ..

"natural and expected" is the bottom of the barrel. you should aspire to be something more than what you are -- that is the very fiber of being intelligent and sentient.

we are naturally inclined to do things that hurt others or the planet, and are "expected" to keep doing things such as those, and those are things that we should shed and leave behind. Sexualizing video game characters serves no purpose other than to further marginalize half of the species.

you call it arrogance. i call it progress.

Jesus Christ, nobody is being hurt by men being honest about their sexuality. You are trying to shame people into being less than what they are, not more. That's not progress, it's misandry.

I find the idea of perving over videogame characters slightly disturbing, but I cant help but put the sex appeal slider all the way up on saints row 3+4

And my Sunset overdrive character is basically my dream girl, minus the ass (Note to Insominac:- you did amazing things with afro-american faces and hair, just put in a couple ass options next game please).

So I guess it effects us all.

I remember that i actually made a nude texture mode for this game that was better than most (there were many nude mods for this game). I made it so that every girl looked slightly different and without the bugs most other mods had (like swimsuit strings hanging from the nude bodies, colors not fitting with the rest of the body, etc).

I still have the modded files and the programs i used in my hard drive actually, lol

I used to paint all my girls toe nails black.

I loved watching Oreimo so much thanks to this thread. Kinda fucked up sister\bro stuff but I loved the characters and the humor. I just subbed to Final Fantasy Realm Reborn for the first time and named my toon MIss Kirino. =]

DrkSage

I loved watching Oreimo so much thanks to this thread. Kinda fucked up sisterbro stuff but I loved the characters and the humor. I just subbed to Final Fantasy Realm Reborn for the first time and named my toon MIss Kirino. =]

Oh so you also ended up watching oreimo thanks to this thread? That makes 2 of us. Yes, the characters and the humor are an A+, actually everything was good until the last 3 episodes of the final season. "I can't believe my little sister is this cute"? More like I can't believe the final episode made me rage this much.

Oh so you also ended up watching oreimo thanks to this thread? That makes 2 of us. Yes, the characters and the humor are an A+, actually everything was good until the last 3 episodes of the final season. "I can't believe my little sister is this cute"? More like I can't believe the final episode made me rage this much.

Ya, I'm on day 3 of being drunk all day cause of it... =\

Top Bottom