• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you smarter than an 8th grader?

Poor Paul Ryan. You didn't get to those kids soon enough.

Dozens of the 218 students on the trip refused to have their photo taken with Ryan when he briefly joined them outside the capitol Thursday, students on the trip said. Those present were unable to provide a precise tally of how many opted out.

Matthew Malespina, one of the students who stayed away, said in an interview Sunday that he chose not to be photographed with Ryan because he disagreed with the policies the speaker and his party are pushing on health care, among other things. He called Ryan ”a man who puts his party before his country."

He said he and the others stood across the street while Ryan posed with their peers. Their act of civil disobedience was picked up by a local news website, the Village Green, and drew attention from larger media outlets.

”I don't like to take a picture with somebody that I can't associate with," Matthew, 13, told The Washington Post. ”Let's say somebody is not nice to me at school, for example. I wouldn't take a picture with them, probably."

XnLwshb.jpg

But whats this?

Top Bottom