• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ark Survival Evolved Xbox One gameplay reveal; Dec 16 release

low-G

Let's just say it's the ONLY game on my PC that I have to lower below 1080p and turn some settings down to get a decent framerate.

The settings seem low in the X1 video, but even those visuals at that framerate would be damned impressive for X1. Guessing these optimizations will be nice.

That tweet sounds promising, but it IS the dev, so yeah...we will see. Trailer looked great, is the game actually fun too?

The trailer had a few parts that looked less impressive than other parts, but overall it looks quite fine to me.

Frozone

I've put a little over 600hrs into this game, so it's absolutely a blast.. but it's wearing thin on me now and I'm playing it less and less each week.

As others have said, I can't imagine how this game would run on an X1 when it's so crappy on the PC. The resolution in the video looks higher than what I'm running it at now (1440p) and doesn't look anywhere near as sharp. Averaging around ~25fps most of the time and the network streaming is horrendous especially when loading bases that have tons of dinos.

I'm still a player despite these drawbacks..

So far it's really fun!!! I've followed the PC version for a while now just never played it but according to most this version is up to date with the PC version which is good.

It's pretty smooth from what I can. Definitely not a looker but for what it is right now it's fine!

Crafting is fun! It reminds me of the forest if anyone has play that on PC but with dinosaurs. Can't wait to get off work and play some more.

Top Bottom