• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armband-wearing Nazi roams Seattle instigating, gets KOed, removes armband and leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eylos

Banned
Its Amazing that for nazis we must be Care bears, Hug him, talk to him, give the Power of love and frienship.

For a latin American, Black, muslim etc its dogs, police, deportation and prison everyday.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Regardless of the man's political views, actively stalking and targeting a person for his political opinion is really sick. Anyone who celebrates this crime... Should be ashamed.

His "political opinion" is that non-whites should be exterminated and wiped off the planet.

He is a fucking Nazi.

Nazis deserve to be punched.

IDK man. Shits fucked, but violence isn't the answer. Nor is being a Nazi the answer.

Yeah, I'm glad we were able to just talk things out with Hitler.

You can't generalize all violence into one category. That's why the comparisons with WW2 Nazis seem ridiculous.

The only way that makes any sense is if you're advocating that we murder nazis on the street, not punch them.

You can't have it both ways. Can't make comparisons to WW2 then say that "we aren't wishing that he died". Makes your argument meaningless.

Both sides too afraid to come out and say what they really mean.

The police have "political views" and also use those views to justify violence and murder. They are also infested with Nazi/White Supremacists.

What's wrong with Obama? He was the only president I ever voted for.

I love Obama and I wish he would have just become our Emperor. However, there is no version of reality wherein his sustained position of power stops Nazis in this country. That is not how radical extremism and ideology works.

You can't generalize all violence into one category. That's why the comparisons with WW2 Nazis seem ridiculous.

The only way that makes any sense is if you're advocating that we murder nazis on the street, not punch them.

You can't have it both ways. Can't make comparisons to WW2 then say that "we aren't wishing that he died". Makes your argument meaningless.

I ain't afraid. Shoot his ass.

Nairume

Banned
His political opinion? Is that all Nazism is now?

Jesus Christ.
Well maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle of being a fucking nazi and being an actual decent person. Maybe we'd learn something from the nazi and maybe the nazi would learn something from us. The middle is a great place. Isn't that swell???

Compromise between actual fucking nazis and decency???

SeanTSC

When you wear that disgusting fucking Nazi symbol you bear the weight of history and what it stands for. I don't give a shit if you're just some trashy edgelord troll dipshit or not. That symbol has a very specific meaning and it will ALWAYS have that meaning. There's no separating it from history.

And anyone who wears that symbol deserves anything that happens to them.

FranF

Banned
Are you saying that given the chance to be in power, the nazis of today wouldn't be capable of the atrocities committed by the nazis in WW2? I for one, don't even want to take that chance.

Feels like believing that these Nazis are somehow less dangerous is a dark consequence of the idea that humanity naturally morally progresses through time. There is no "end of history", forced deportation and death camps were incredibly recent even on a historical scale, why are people so naive?

CrocoDuck

Why is the video keep getting removed from YouTube. There are so many fight/bully videos there . Why is this different? The fuck got what he deserved.

watershed

Banned
White moderates continue to disappoint everyone with an actual opinion who cares about real life consequences and not shitty hypotheticals born from positions of privilege and safety.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Plenty of cowards fretted about not confronting and using violence against nazis during their rise, right up until the day Germany lost the war. People would smugly crow about being better people and not using violence to solve problems. Articles were written and speeches given, even as they had their rights ripped away. Even as they were herded into ghettos. Even as they were packed onto the trains. And even as they watched men, women and children be murdered in front of them. Cowards wrung their hands and tried to use a false sense of moral superiority to stay safe. They died in the end too. Nazis want genocide, there is no response other than letting them know they will have to fight for it, that we won't just let it happen again.

Mael

Do you know why people don't want the guy to have been killed?
It's not because they don't to wish death on someone.
It's because they don't want the guy who punched him to have his life ruined because of a shitstain who doesn't deserve the oxygen he's breathing.

FUME5

What?

Why don't you wish that?

Because I'm pointing out no one was hoping he died, just don't care if he did. Anyway, I'm not one to hope for people's death.

Regardless of the man's political views, actively stalking and targeting a person for his political opinion is really sick. Anyone who celebrates this crime... Should be ashamed.

What was his political view with the swastika armband?

Do you know why people don't want the guy to have been killed?
It's not because they don't to wish death on someone.
It's because they don't want the guy who punched him to have his life ruined because of a shitstain who doesn't deserve the oxygen he's breathing.

That's a shit argument because that guy's life could still very well be ruined. Felony assault is 10 years

He's a Nazi. His entire position is Aryan purity, and everything else is God's mistake.

And what power does this lone moron have to enforce his position? A lot more now that his idiot friends have this incident to rally around, probably.

You know, I would actually say something like dousing the dude in some stinky ass spray or other noxious chemical that leaves a permanent stink on the material would be more effective. Make him leave the public space, shamed, and ideally douse the nazi armband so it smells like butt permanently, and into the trash it goes.

It should go without saying that i'm talking about lone asshole directly threatening no one. If a moron in an armband is actually threatening or hurting someone, by all means, kick his ass.

cdyhybrid

reelect Obama, realtalk

qsl4pR5.gif

And what power does this lone moron have to enforce his position? A lot more now that his idiot friends have this incident to rally around, probably.

You know, I would actually say something like dousing the dude in some stinky ass spray or other noxious chemical that leaves a permanent stink on the material would be more effective. Make him leave the public space, shamed, and ideally douse the nazi armband so it smells like butt permanently, and into the trash it goes.

It should go without saying that i'm talking about lone asshole directly threatening no one. If a moron in an armband is actually threatening or hurting someone, by all means, kick his ass.

Nazis have no shame and they don't learn their lesson. Why is this so hard for so many of you to understand?

Mael

That's a shit argument because that guy's life could still very well be ruined. Felony assault is 10 years

That's still less than murder which the guy pretty much deserved.
If the nazi ends up killing himself, I'd say it's time for throwing a party with fireworks and all.
From where I'm from we roughly got a day off to celebrate killing nazis.
Death of brown shirts should be celebrated.

Well, he was yelling at people on the bus and on the street. After Charlottesville, I'm sure some of those people legit felt terrorized, especially with President Cheeto and the Department of Justice Keibler Elf in charge at the national level not giving one fuck and "both siding" it. So, I don't really feel too bad for this guy.

And we don't know if after a day of yelling with no consquences if he would have gone back to his forums or texted his buddies to talk about the "pussies" in Seattle that just getting yelled at, so, hey, lets do it as a group!

jiiikoo

Banned

For fucks sake, normal and rational humans have been shaming and telling nazis to fuck off for 70+ years and still he walks the street with a nazi armband. They have no shame, they can't be reasoned with, they are a cancer on the rest of the world.

Vamphuntr

What exactly is the difference? A dipshit nazi in the 30's and 40's was a dipshit nazi, same as a dipshit nazi in the year 2017. There isn't a difference. Nazi is a nazi, no matter if you cover it in peanut butter.

Are you saying that given the chance to be in power, the nazis of today wouldn't be capable of the atrocities committed by the nazis in WW2? I for one, don't even want to take that chance.

Fuck this slippery slope bullshit. More violence being allowed? Punching Nazis has always been a socially acceptable thing since we fucked them over in the war, in real life and in our media. It's only now that America has shown its hand concerning white supremacy with the last Presidential election that painted a whole bunch of "good white folk" in a shitty light that people want to pussyfoot around with Nazis' comfort in society.

Because the Nazis of the WWII era actually committed mass murders and went to war to defend their right to it and this is a racist bigot that unless I'm wrong didn't murder anyone. Let's say North America do like Germany and ban the use of the Nazi symbols . If a guy like him starts bullying minorities about and start talking about white supremacy do you beat him up too? That's what I'm trying to understand. Yes let's quote me saying I'm defending Nazis and that I approve the shooting of minorities by cops.

I'm fine with hunting down and giving the long awaited death penalty to Nazi war criminals that escaped justice through hiding around the world. I'm just not sure beating up people for wearing a symbol is a good idea.

He's arguing that you can't justify violence against someone for purely their beliefs. Nazis during WW2 were committing crimes against humanity to promote their agenda. That's why no one shied against killing them. The Nazi in Seattle today was promoting horrible ideologies, but he wasn't committing physically harmful acts against anyone, thus it's disingenuous to compare his actions those of WWII nazis.

But the argument is that if you're going to say "a Nazi is a Nazi is a Nazi," then the logical conclusion is that you should be fine with putting them down in the same way we did during WWII - with not just punches, but bullets. And that if doing that crosses a line for you for a Nazi like the one in Seattle, then it means that there is clearly some difference between these two groups even to you.

That's still less than murder which the guy pretty much deserved.
If the nazi ends up killing himself, I'd say it's time for throwing a party with fireworks and all.
From where I'm from we roughly got a day off to celebrate killing nazis.
Death of brown shirts should be celebrated.

You say that he "pretty much deserved to be murdered", and you celebrate killing nazis, why can't you say that you think this guy should have been killed?

jiiikoo

Banned
Because the Nazis of the WWII era actually committed mass murders and went to war to defend their right to it and this is a racist bigot that unless I'm wrong didn't murder anyone. Let's say North America do like Germany and ban the use of the Nazi symbols . If a guy like him starts bullying minorities about and start talking about white supremacy do you beat him up too? That's what I'm trying to understand. Yes let's quote me saying I'm defending Nazis and that I approve the shooting of minorities by cops.

I'm fine with hunting down and giving the long awaited death penalty to Nazi war criminals that escaped justice through hiding around the world. I'm just not sure beating up people for wearing a symbol is a good idea.

Ah, there it is. You have to commit mass murder to be labeled as an ACTUAL nazi. Oh for fucks sake. You sound like Boogie2988 "ain't nobody a racist unless they use violence".

What you fail to understand is that this nazi guy getting punched, doesn't differ from the nazis of the WW2. If he lived in the 30's and 40's he'd be the one hurdling people on to the trains. He believes in the superiority of the white race over every other race, he doesn't differ from the rest of them in any meaningful way, even if he hasn't killed anyone.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Do you think no Nazi (closeted or otherwise) has killed someone as an act of racial violence in modern western society?

besada

Banned

It's not that complicated, really. The cost for putting on Nazi regalia and spouting Nazi rhetoric is a sharp pop in the jaw. The cost for actually engaging in ethnic cleansing and genocide is a short fall from a scaffold or a bullet in the head.

People are fully capable of differentiating between Nazis with no power and Nazis who control the state. Part of the point is to assure the second never comes to pass. To teach people attracted to Nazism that the only thing they're going to get is violence and social exclusion.

When you wear the symbol, you bear the burden of all that it represents. There is no get out of jail free card just because you personally did not engage in the mass murder.

There were plenty of civilians in Germany during the time of the Holocaust who never physically hurt or threatened anyone but agreed wholeheartedly with what was happening. Are they blameless too? Are they innocents? Those who voted these people into power (and yes, Hitler was democratically elected into power), do they share none of the responsibility for what happened?

Your concern trolling is very thinly veiled and very disgusting. You're taking an abhorrent stance under the guise of moral superiority, and it's time that you fucking stopped.

I'm not as eloquent as many others here. I just joined neogaf for the games, maybe I should've stayed away from this thread. I just don't think that violence is the answer, celebrating it is not right, Imo.

I'm not as eloquent as many others here. I just joined neogaf for the games, maybe I should've stayed away from this thread. I just don't think that violence is the answer, celebrating it is not right, Imo.

And you would be speaking from a place of intense privilege and also wrong.

It's not that complicated, really. The cost for putting on Nazi regalia and spouting Nazi rhetoric is a sharp pop in the jaw. The cost for actually engaging in ethnic cleansing and genocide is a short fall from a scaffold or a bullet in the head.

People are fully capable of differentiating between Nazis with no power and Nazis who control the state. Part of the point is to assure the second never comes to pass. To teach people attracted to Nazism that the only thing they're going to get is violence and social exclusion.

Thanks, that's a great answer.

I'm not sure about that but tolerance is a two way street. If you preach and act against it in society don't go expecting society to give it back in return.

I don't give a fuck about tolerance. I hate that word. I don't "tolerate" black people, gay people, and Jews. They are my friends, coworkers, and family. I love and care about them, I don't tolerate them.

I don't love or care about Nazis. Fuck them. It's that simple. My goal is not a society where we love everyone unconditionally. My goal is to delete bigots, because there's no reason to hate people for things like skin color, sexual orientation, and heritage. There are plenty of reasons to hate people, though, and being a bigot is one of them.

ZeoVGM

Banned

You've said this already.

And others have responded to you, explaining why it is, referencing historical facts. And you're just repeating what you already said.

keuja

My brain says it was wrong to punch him. We live in a civilized society, we need to follow the rules. However my heart says that sometimes it's about sending a message, however wrong it seems on the surface... I really hope the guys who punched the Nazi won't get arrested.

SeanTSC

Anyone who takes moderate positions on Nazis needs to be shut in a room and made to watch Holocaust videos for a few days straight.

watershed

Banned

I've had many, many students say the same thing. Almost all white males who were taught from a young age that violence is never the answer and then never had to personally experience any scenario where this might not be true and never learned actual history where violence was clearly necessary to bring about justice.

FUME5

He's arguing that you can't justify violence against someone for purely their beliefs. Nazis during WW2 were committing crimes against humanity to promote their agenda. That's why no one shied against killing them. The Nazi in Seattle today was promoting horrible ideologies, but he wasn't committing physically harmful acts against anyone, thus it's disingenuous to compare his actions those of WWII nazis.

But the argument is that if you're going to say "a Nazi is a Nazi is a Nazi," then the logical conclusion is that you should be fine with putting them down in the same way we did during WWII - with not just punches, but bullets. And that if doing that crosses a line for you for a Nazi like the one in Seattle, then it means that there is clearly some difference between these two groups even to you.

Yeah, because this bunch hasn't got around to committing war atrocities yet it should be viewed as harmless ideology?

It's fucking Nazi's, they have no room for nuance in their doctrine, much like the argument you present above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom