• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core Gets 20th Anniversary Livestream; No Info on New Games

sublimit

Banned
DPYtYNwV4AAk9Ai.jpg

DQMZm-bUQAE97u-.jpg

2017 marks the 20th anniversary of the launch of Armored Core, which originally released on July 10th, 2019 with the first game on PlayStation. Yet, the year is almost at its end with no news on when we’ll get a new game.

Tomorrow, a 20th-anniversary livestream titled Armored Core Suite 02 will be hosted on Nico Nico, with several members of the From Software sound team in attendance, including Composer Kota Hoshino.

The livestream will focus on the music of the series up to the latest game Armored Core: Verdict Day. It will air tomorrow, December 4th, at 7:30 PM Japan Time.

Yet, if you’re hoping for last-minute news about a new game for the series, you better keep your expectations in check. In a rather peculiar move, From Software announced officially that there won’t be info about new games or sequels during the stream.

Back in 2016, From Software President Hidetaka Miyazaki told DualShockers and several other western media during a round-table interview that the studio was working on a new Armored Core game. Yet, they immediately backtracked as soon as the news came out, claiming that Miyazaki-san actually did not admit that an Armored Core game was currently in development, and his statement should simply be interpreted as the mention of the will to continue to work on the series in the future, but nothing has been decided. That being said, we heard what we heard, and we weren’t the only ones.

Since its inception, the Armored Core series has been one of the most active mecha video game series in Japan until the PS3 generation, that saw a decline in performance with Armored Core V and Armored Core: Verdict Day, triggering a long hiatus since 2013 that continues to this day.

At the moment, Director and Producer Toshifumi Nabeshima is working on Left Alive by Square Enix.

https://www.dualshockers.com/armored-core-20th-anniversary-livestream/
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv308688925
https://twitter.com/kota_hoshino

amdb00mer

Even if we don't get a new game I would at least hope they make the X360 games BC. I don't really care for remasters, but if we have to settle for remasters I might be able to live with that as well. :)

sublimit

Banned
From Software Asks if Armored Core Fans Want a 20th Anniversary Soundtrack Release

The request received a very positive response, with the first tweet receiving almost 3,000 retweets and 2,500 likes.

As a results, we got the mention that a plan will be formulated, but there will have to be “calculations, adjustments, and negotiations,” so nothing can be promised for now, besides the fact that they’ll work hard to try and make it happen and that they will let us know via social media if something actually comes out of this.

That's great to hear since i love the music of all Armored Core games (especially Kota Hoshino's work)

Pila

No way Armored Core is 20!

Right in the feelings. ( ._.)

I do hope we'll get a new game.

Top Bottom