• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

As White Nationalist in Charlottesville Fired, Police ‘Never Moved’

WjoPRnB.jpg

I said damn

RS4-

Yeah the blow torch idiot clearly belongs in jail as well, no questioning that. Shooting a gun was some next level shit though

Nah, the "idiot" doesn't deserve anything but praise.

First time I've heard about this particular situation with the gun though.

Enzom21

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...lottesville-rally_us_59a20a39e4b06d67e3380e37
They finally arrested the Klansman.
Police arrested Richard Wilson Preston, 52, in connection with the incident in the video above, the Daily Progress reported on Saturday. Wilson was charged with discharging a firearm within 1,000 feet of a school during the so-called “Unite The Right” rally on Aug. 12. He is in custody in Towson, Maryland.

https://twitter.com/TAPSTRIMEDIA/status/901780869777682432
8Wc9Y1C.png

cameron

Bit from NYT: Two Men Arrested in Connection With Charlottesville Violence
Richard W. Preston, 52, was charged with discharging a firearm within 1,000 feet of a school, a crime punishable by two to 10 years in prison. He was arrested Saturday and is in the custody of the Baltimore County Detention Center in Towson, Md., the police said.
Here's hoping Imperial Dipshit serves time.

BigDes

He fires his gun into a crowd and they charge him with that?

That was attempted murder not shooting a gun next to a building.

The Wart

He fires his gun into a crowd and they charge him with that?

That was attempted murder not shooting a gun next to a building.

That may be the strongest charge they think they can 100% unambiguously nail him on?

Or, they could be pieces of shit who are deliberately aiming to give him only slap on the wrist.

Also, I will never get over the whole Imperial Wizard knockoff-D&D shit. They are literally LARPers. I feel like this is some kind of common thread connecting traditional white supremacy to GamerGate. Petty manchildren slurping up power fantasies and demanding that society cater to them and only them.

TalonJH

That may be the strongest charge they think they can 100% unambiguously nail him on?

Or, they could be pieces of shit who are deliberately aiming to give him only slap on the wrist.

Also, I will never get over the whole Imperial Wizard knockoff-D&D shit. They are literally LARPers. I feel like this is some kind of common thread connecting traditional white supremacy to GamerGate. Petty manchildren slurping up power fantasies and demanding that society cater to them and only them.

They actually changed the original titles/ranks. Wizard and a few others are a hold overs. It's the type of stuff you you imagine a group of kids thinks up in a treehouse meeting.

First Era (1866-1877) Klan rank and titles

Grand Wizard - national head of the Invisible Empire
Grand Dragon - ruler over a state known as a "Realm."
Grand Titan - ruler of a "Dominion" within a state or Congressional District.
Grand Giant - head of a province or a county.
Grand Cyclops - president or presiding officer of a meeting or "Den."
Grand Magi - second officer in authority of the Den.
Grand Monk - third officer in authority of the Den.
Grand Turk - the marshal, executive officer to the Grand Cyclops, and master of ceremonies of the Den.
Grand Sentinel - incharge of the Grand Guards
Grand Guards also Lictors - guards, usually two, for the Den.
Assorted titles for staff officers were: Genii, Hydra, Furie, Goblin, Night-hawk, Grand Magi, Grand Monk, Grand Scribe, Grand Exchequer, Grand Turk, and Grand Sentinel. Individual members were called Ghouls.
Genii - assistants to the Grand Wizard, usually ten.
Grand Scribe - the correspondence secretaries for the Grand Wizard, Grand Dragons, Grand Titans, Grand Giants, and Grand Cyclops.
Grand Exchequer - the treasurers for the Grand Wizard, Grand Dragons, Grand Titans, Grand Giants, and Grand Cyclops.
Hydras - assistants to the Grand Dragon, usually eight.
Furies - assistants to the Grand Titan, usually six.
Goblins - assistants to the Grand Giant, usually four.
Night-hawks - assistants to the Grand Cyclops, usually two.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
This pic was on the front page of many newspapers and was taken at the exact same time of the shooting, yet this is the first I'm even hearing of it.
Now i realize that the old guy was probably ducking from the gun shot.

Dmax3901

They actually changed the original titles/ranks. Wizard and a few others are a hold overs. It's the type of stuff you you imagine a group of kids thinks up in a treehouse meeting.

So the founding members of the KKK were essentially basement nerds? We've come full circle.

Geist-

Is this real life? Jesus fucking Christ, how can it be okay for a protest to be completely armed with guns and body armor, and then fire it into a fucking crowd. Fuck this bullshit.

O_Atoll

Wow, that's some restraint. Usually it takes a lot less for them to decide that their safety's at risk. I wonder what gives?
The person with the gun wasn't black. If he was, all police officers in a 50 yard radius would have drawn their gun because they would be in fear.

zelas

I want to know the results of some of these guys getting arrested. Citizens having to do the job police are paid to do doesn't really convince me that they'll prosecute these guys fully without us having to give them another kick in the ass.

Syriel

What's the story with the old man on the right? Site doesn't work for me. (Blocked at work.)

The two young black guys in the photo were protecting the old white guy in the photo from the Nazis on the left, who had just fired a gun at them.

Cuburt

Lucky no one was hit. Even firing at the ground, there is so many people all around, it could have easily skipped off the ground and into a bystander.

Good they arrested this guy. After the car incident, this was definitely the most potentially deadly action from that day that I've seen.

Glad to see the wheels of justice inching forward because someone had this on video. A shame no police officers were present to identify him during the initial incident.

rjinaz

Glad to see the wheels of justice inching forward because someone had this on video. A shame no police officers were present to identify him during the initial incident.

I mean there were a bunch of them 10 feet away apparently. You hear a gun shot like that, it's loud. They did nothing. This is what White privilege looks like. Had this been a Black man there would have been a pile of cops on him holding him down in seconds.

Aaron

I mean there were a bunch of them 10 feet away apparently. You hear a gun shot like that, it's loud. They did nothing. This is what White privilege looks like. Had this been a Black man there would have been a pile of cops on him holding him down in seconds.
No. If he had been black and shot a gun, he would have been dead.

Top Bottom