• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asia Nikkei: Japan Display swimming in red ink

Jesus, not one single shred of good news. That CEO must have been massacred at the shareholders meeting.

Wonder what it means for the Switch if the company goes under in a couple of years. Probably just finding a new partner? Can't see them switching to OLED displays for current gen.

Edit: That sound solution shit on Sony's new OLED TVs sounds cool as hell. Be keeping my eye on that.

Prepare to get a second job because this thing will set you back 4k for the 55" version

wrowa

Why did Nintendo even partner with these dudes in the first place then? Surely they would have seen them as an unstable company. They must have been cheap as hell.

JDI is a joint venture between Sony, Toshiba and Hitachi, who merged their LCD divisions into this new company. So while JDI is only 5 years old, its individual parts have quite the history.

pokéfan;236460714 said:
That's not true, I had the white model and it still suffered from black blotches.
Maybe it's a per unit thing. I've got the white one from the Assassin's Creed bundle and it doesn't have blotches.

Cleve

Only the launch window OLEDs suffer from this. Later ones, like the white model, have it fixed.

I had the AC white model and it definitely had this issue, unless you're speaking of another white version.

Maybe it's a per unit thing. I've got the white one from the Assassin's Creed bundle and it doesn't have blotches.

Yeah, I think you were lucky. It was a contributing reason to me switching out to a 2000.

Top Bottom