• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed: Origins release date leaked

theWB27

What makes it look interesting though? To me it sounds like Rise of the Tomb Raider set in Egypt and I loathed RotTR. Do you really expect the tombs to have any real depth? I bet Assassin's Vision or whatever they call it in AC Universe is there to help everybody out at all times. Could you not dive underwater in previous AC's? If it's a first for this series that's fine, but what makes it so special when there's a million other games that do that as well? Are they actually gonna do something worthwhile with underwater swimming? I'm sorry if I sounds like a Debby Downer and I don't mean to single you out or anything, but I fail to see how these bullet-points are anything special at all. Hell, even the title of the game is the most boring, generic thing ever. What's next, Assassin's Creed Chronicles? Oh wait...

What is it about AC that gets people so salty and fail to see how their taste isn't the same as others?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
AEfdAvy.jpg

Oh fuck yes.....

•Started working on game before unity • Brand new fighting system • New A.I. • No minimap but a elder scrolls type compass at top • No more sprinting button, speed depends on analog stick • Crouching is back • Story is being kept a secret • Eagle vision is a subtle pulse that highlights objects not enemies • Takes place during the ascent and reign of cleopatra • You can climb everything in the game • Large and small cities with many landmarks including Memphis and Alexandria • The controllable eagle leak was true • NPC's have a day/night cycle and includes time for them to eat, sleep, work, and "answer the call of nature" • Attack buttons are the right shoulder and trigger • A.I. does not take turns to attack • New combat system is more hit-box driven • As you fight, an adrenaline gauge fills up, and when both attack buttons are pressed powerful attacks are unleashed • Left shoulder button is lock on • There are treasures to find in the depths of the water (sunken ships, long-forgotten ruins) • Stat element of customization is removed • New gear system where players can improve specific parts of your gear by crafting materials • Leveling system that has a level cap of 40 • Bayek is not the only playable character in the game but that character is a secret • There are legendary items to loot in the game • You can add blocked arrows to your inventory • You can no longer one hit enemies that are more powerful than you with your hidden blade • Buttons for free-running up and down are removed • Puzzles are back but more challenging and less switches • Much more in depth ability graph with 3 paths (Seer, Warrior, Hunter) • There are gladiator battles in arenas
Oh FUCK YES!!!

The GI article makes this game look super interesting...

• You can ride a camel.
  • You can dive underwater.
  • Loot system with rare/epic/legendary weapons.
  • RPG leveling system inspired by FFX.
  • A focus on tomb-raiding with 20 tombs to explore with puzzles and all. That includes pyramids, tombs, and temples.
  • Eco system with animals interacting and attacking each other.
  • You have a shield this time around. You can deflect arrows by it then reuse them.

Can't wait to see more of it.

First time I've been excited for an AC in years. Sounds like so much fun. Give me all the tomb robbing.

AEfdAvy.jpg

Oh fuck yes.....

Oh FUCK YES!!!

xu86s5w.jpg

Nibel

This is the most excited I've been for a new Ubisoft game since the second Assassin's Creed game I think

Sounds amazing, hope they pull it off. If it has even a whiff of BOTW's dynamism to the world going off some of those bullet points it'll be a dream game as for gameplay+time period/setting. Nice to finally have a AAA game to look forward to in Q4 (aside from Odyssey ofc :p).

THE:MILKMAN

Idk just basing it off of the teaser videos hinting that + Creed and Mordor hitting that month which are MS marketed games. Maybe it's later though

I've always took "holiday" from Microsoft to mean November so the 17th would be my guess.

I guess late October can't be ruled out, though.

Aces&Eights

• You can ride a camel.
  • A focus on tomb-raiding with 20 tombs to explore with puzzles and all. That includes pyramids, tombs, and temples.
  • You have a shield this time around. You can deflect arrows by it then reuse them.

This sounds incredible. Holy crap I'm in.

Nibel

Far Cry 5 looking good too fam

It does but I expect AC:O to be way more radical and interesting than FC5 because they had so much time to work on

But in general I agree with you, they have a strong-ass lineup for this year + Q1 2018

• You can ride a camel.
    [*]Loot system with rare/epic/legendary weapons.

This is garbage

So Shadow of War and AC both on october lol.

With how derivative and below average the first one was (IMO) it's going to be hurt pretty badly if Origins is a good entry.

RedAssedApe

Banned

• You can ride a camel.

Lol your first bullet was unexpexted

• You can ride a camel.

YES
YES
FUCKING YES

Galava

I really want this game to be great. It has the potential to be. Come on Ubi.

Got really disappointed with Unity and Syndicate, but I am an absolute fan of the rest and the lore.

VexyWexy

Crouching is back

Alright I'm in. So freakin weird that a stealth series didn't have a crouch button until Syndicate.
Edit: Unless Unity had it? I skipped that one.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Crouching is back

Alright I'm in. So freakin weird that a stealth series didn't have a crouch button until Syndicate.
Edit: Unless Unity had it? I skipped that one.
Unity had one. Apparently required around one million lines of code to be rewritten in order for it to function. :O

Top Bottom