• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed: Unity microtransaction shop wasn't fully live in retail copies

Goon Boon

Banned
The outlets need to give the fucking game a zero, big ol' goose egg, if they're misrepresenting the final product.

Fuck up that metacritic rating.

I'm honestly amazed that Ubisoft managed to under-deliver for me. My expectations were so incredibly low to begin with, but somehow they managed to hit a low I never thought possible.

They weren't hidden the servers were just not up for reviewers so they couldn't pull the prices or store down in game. Isn't this common practice amongst most games with micro transactions?

This is probably correct. Didn't try to buy micro-currency, but the menu option was always there.

Like I can understand having issues, but at least have issues with things they actually did.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Ubisoft...
oYs28YC.gif

Diagol

SERIOUSLY?

MAN, I totally dodged a bullet by cancelling my pre-order for this game. It just gets worse and worse.

At least I've learned my lesson and will never pre-order/fall for the hype of a Ubisoft game ever again.

kunonabi

...You know if Ubisoft doesn't want to make any more games for Nintendo I'm perfectly ok with that. This is just insane to me.

Kuni

Wow if true.... I'm looking at my Farcry order... May cancel and wait for all of this to be confirmed\not confirmed...

Sou Da

This is probably correct. Didn't try to buy micro-currency, but the menu option was always there.

Like I can understand having issues, but at least have issues with things they actually did.

Was it made it explicit that the 'hack' option was for microtransactions?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They weren't hidden the servers were just not up for reviewers so they couldn't pull the prices or store down in game. Isn't this common practice amongst most games with micro transactions?
Isn't that somewhat important, though?

meppi

Well Ubisoft is already on my shitlist next to EA of companies that I refuse to buy any more games from, so I guess there isn't much more than I can do than to echo everyone else on how scummy this really is.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Holy fucking shit. Everyone should edit their reviews and change it to 0. This is a new low. Never buying from Ubisoft ever again. Final straw.

Lol, damn Ubisoft

I'd really love laws against this. Even just basic ones like being able to cancel digital preorders and getting a refund for misleading consumers AND media. That's really something

What did the revolutionaries grieve over, now Ubisoft? Taxation without representation? Let's present this in a modern light, shall we. Sales through misrepresentation!

Interesting to hear it was available as a menu option, though.

EDIT: Jumped the gun like the rest, I apologize.

If you feel the op should be edited to be more accurate I'll certain do it, but from what I saw in the video, it seemed plenty disabled to me. I didn't show a price or anything, and Jeff Gerstmann said he didn't know if they were actually in it or not from the menus and wording.

Was it made it explicit that the 'hack' option was for microtransactions?

This basically.

ClearData

I'm not supporting these guys with this kind of product. I sincerely hope Far cry 4 is great because that's one of the few games I want day 1. But Assassin's Creed Unity has been an unmitigated disaster.

Top Bottom