• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asus’ next ROG Ally handheld will be the ROG Ally X

Draugoth

Gold Member

The Asus ROG Ally was the first true Steam Deck challenger; while I’d argue it fell a little short, it legitimately improved the state of affordable Windows handheld gaming with its plugged-in performance boosts and smooth variable refresh rate screen. Now, Asus is beginning to reveal its successor: the ROG Ally X.
Don’t call it an Ally 2: when it ships in the second half of the year

Don’t call it an Ally 2: when it ships in the second half of the year, the Windows-based Ally X will have the same AMD Z1 Extreme chipset and the same 7-inch 48–120Hz VRR screen. It’s not quite like the Steam Deck OLED, where Valve got AMD to revise its chip for better battery life and stability and added a larger, brighter, gorgeous new OLED panel with improved response time and slimmer bezels.

Last edited:

graywolf323

not even making the screen OLED? hopefully they make it so you can upgrade the battery in the OG model because honestly what’s the point of buying this if you already own one?

I'll pass seen as there's little improvement. Interested in one of these windows handhelds but I may as well wait it out for the next generation now

Dorfdad

Gold Member
So today was just an preview "HINT" of the announcement. If you watched it he did state there are more surprises but that for the official announcement on June 2nd, and that you will like what you see.

I am assuming that a big hint to it having an OLED screen but they want to hold for official releases.

More RAM options is also a good choice. Just depends on the cost.

Might as well grab the OG Ally when it gets on a clearance sale........

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

Top Bottom