• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Sharry announced for PS3 (dual protagonists, June 26 in Japan)

Soriku

http://gematsu.com/2014/03/atelier-sharry-announced-ps3-june-26-japan

Atelier-Sharry-Ann-DPS-Cover-Init.jpg

The next game in the Atelier series, first teased at Game no Dengeki Kanshasai in Akihabara last weekend, is Atelier Sharry: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea for PlayStation 3, this week’s Dengeki PlayStation reveals.

Due out on June 26 in Japan, standard edition will cost 6,800 yen, download edition 6,000 yen, and a Premium Box including a four-disc special music CD and drama CD will cost 9,800 yen.

Like Atelier Escha & Logy, the game will feature dual protagonists. This time, however, they’re both girls, and both are nicknamed Sharry (シャリー).

Shari Stella (シャリステラ) (voiced by Kotori Koiwai)

(Pictured right on the cover.) A 16 year-old alchemist. She comes from a family that protects an ancient alchemic relic. She became head of the family after their death and must find a way to save her hometown which is on the verge of life and death. She sets out on her journey to the oasis town Strard (ステラード).

Her story: A story about the mystery of the world draws near. A story about the heart of dusk draws near. A story about the growth of a brave and diligent young girl.

Charlotte Eluminous (シャルロッテ・エルミナス) (voiced by Sumire Uesaka)

(Pictured left on the cover.) An 18 year-old, sub-par and poor alchemist. She runs Atelier on behalf of her late father in Strard (ステラード). However, she lacks aptitude and experience so she’s kind of a knock-off alchemist.

Her story: A story about an adventurous and ordinary comedy chick. A story about a seemingly life-sized “Atelier.” A story about the growth of a reckless and straightforward young girl.

The game’s story will progress by way of a new “Life Tasks” system, which provides players an objective, through which you’ll complete three steps (explore, mix, and battle), and when the task is cleared, the story will advance.

Yaoibot

Came here expecting Atelier Talalibooboo. I am disappointed.

I will still buy Sharry's (such a stripper name) outing though.

Charlotte's design and story sounds bad and completely off from how the Dusk world has been set up. Gust might surprise me but I'm not all too impressed with what I see here.

Shari on the other hand has me pretty hyped, story and design-wise.

Paracelsus

This series will be burned and buried ten feet into the ground before they even start conceiving assets to port it to PS4.

Top Bottom