• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

elfinke

I think Hughes just got a tough 3rd umpire call (though rubbish shot, he can't have too many complaints). The eagle eye representation is way off.

Ah dammit, top of the page again?

Some ideas are flowing for AusGAF photoshops. Only problem is that it will be either really, really oversized or everyone will look tiny. :(

Also Lykke Li live on iTunes EP out now.

Yagharek

Shaneus said:
WTF man. Don't ever question my gaming credibility again while that game goes unplayed!

Not that you ever have... I don't think.

Your mistake was disclosing your shrink wrap ratio. :p
I on the other hand am smart enough not to mention my pile of shame.

Anyway, when joust was doing the rounds I was probably playing donkey Kong or Pac man. I consider that a fair trade.

elfinke

Is xbox.com.au (or any other googleable parts of the site) down for anyone else? Just clearing cookies from MS/XBox got me up and running.

Shaneus

RandomVince said:
Your mistake was disclosing your shrink wrap ratio. :p
I on the other hand am smart enough not to mention my pile of shame.

Anyway, when joust was doing the rounds I was probably playing donkey Kong or Pac man. I consider that a fair trade.
Your pile is broken controllers anyway, amirite? :D

There's plenty of time for the classics, btw. I was obviously too young for those games when they came out, but I'm still familiar with them! The early Williams stuff is pretty awesome, imo.

RandomVince said:
PhotoShop idea: Ricki Lee with a chocobo head or chocobo with Ricki Lee head. That would sum up half the thread at least :D
Ricki Lee will be in a hot tub with 3 other people. Choc is not one of them though.

Shaneus said:
So, I've tried Russian Caravan straight. Guess it's an acquired taste, then?
What tea do you like? Do you usually have it with milk? Russian Caravan is still good with milk, just not as full flavoured in my opinion. Maybe try with 2 sugars and let it cool down to very warm rather than very hot or lukewarm.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
What tea do you like? Do you usually have it with milk? Russian Caravan is still good with milk, just not as full flavoured in my opinion. Maybe try with 2 sugars and let it cool down to very warm rather than very hot or lukewarm.
Definitely let it cool down but it was straight. I think a bee's dick of sugar should dull the flavours that I didn't really dig. Or maybe a bit of honey. Happy to keep giving it a go though... definitely more relaxed after drinking it, even if perhaps it was more the ritual of drinking tea than the tea itself.

Yagharek

Shaneus said:
Your pile is broken controllers anyway, amirite? :D

There's plenty of time for the classics, btw. I was obviously too young for those games when they came out, but I'm still familiar with them! The early Williams stuff is pretty awesome, imo.

Obviously the legend exceeds the reality. Probably like your shrink wrap legend. Though I would hate to imagine your Steam library...

You got a sub with retro gamer at all? Its probably the best gaming magazine full stop. No hype, no hubris, no money hats, just pure love for the legacy of the medium.

Ffffffffffffff Clarke!

Russian Caravan tends to make me feel cleansed after drinking. Kind of like having Ginger along with Sushi. Makes my mouth feel awesome and ready to take on the world.

Gazunta

I agree with Choc.

God help us all

AusGAF, you are good people. Thanks for being good people.

I am going to draw Presidog.

Shaneus

RandomVince said:
Obviously the legend exceeds the reality. Probably like your shrink wrap legend. Though I would hate to imagine your Steam library...

You got a sub with retro gamer at all? Its probably the best gaming magazine full stop. No hype, no hubris, no money hats, just pure love for the legacy of the medium.
Nah, I really should, though. I have one or two issues of their mags (I think one of them was a special) and love all of them. The background of games from 20+ years ago are infinitely more interesting than they are now... much rather hear of how three guys knocked up a simple game that took over the world than 100 people who purposely put together a blockbuster with millions of dollars behind it.

reptilescorpio said:
Russian Caravan tends to make me feel cleansed after drinking. Kind of like having Ginger along with Sushi. Makes my mouth feel awesome and ready to take on the world.
Definitely had that feeling to it. Sugar would probably dilute that as well, so I'm going to stick with it straight and see how I go.

Yagharek

Incidentally, games tm has a retro column each month by the guy who made ET. Its a consistently excellent read, especially when he tells about butting heads with clueless execs.

RandomVince said:
Incidentally, games tm has a retro column each month by the guy who made ET. Its a consistently excellent read, especially when he tells about butting heads with clueless execs.
Oh man that would be a great read. Love to hear about the constant struggles against upper management.

Shaneus said:
Definitely had that feeling to it. Sugar would probably dilute that as well, so I'm going to stick with it straight and see how I go.
Make sure the temperature of the water is right. Too hot and it'll end up bitter.

Shaneus

codswallop said:
Make sure the temperature of the water is right. Too hot and it'll end up bitter.
When drinking it or when dunking/infusing the teabag? I'm guessing the latter, but I'm very much a tea-noob.

ausgafivody3.jpg
Bleh. I'm done with Photoshop for the night. Wish I could remember any of the stuff I should have learnt in year 12 IT class. Also need to redownload all the fonts I lost with the reformat. Bleh. Probably end up just dumping everyones avatars in the sea. :(

Shaneus said:
When drinking it or when dunking/infusing the teabag? I'm guessing the latter, but I'm very much a tea-noob.
I just did a quick Google and it says Russian Caravan wants 100c water, which seems a bit hot to me. I'd say 90-95c would be better but I don't usually drink black tea.

For best results, buy good quality loose-leaf tea and use your preferred infuser. For green tea you pour the heated water into the cup, swoosh it around and pour it out (this heats the cup). Then you put the infuser in, pour some more heated water in, just enough to cover the infuser, swoosh it a bit and pour that out (this rinses the tea). THEN you fill the cup with water (with the infuser still in the cup) and leave it for 2-3 minutes. It's not exactly like that, but a good approximation as trying more traditional tea preparation is a lot more work.

Shaneus said:
I just dump the tea bag into the empty cup. Boil the water. Pour boiled water from a kettle into the cup about 3 quarters of the way up. Lift the tea bag up a few times to loosen it in the water. Leave for about 2 minutes. Take out tea bag. Drink. Maybe add a little bit of cold water or milk if I want it to be nice as soft.

Ventron

That's an awesome image. Very suitable considering Gaz has a great new job too... :p

(I'm guessing the image isn't big enough such that you can fit all AusGaffers in the spa?)

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
This game looks a bit like that Lead & Gold we played a bit of but with a bit of Vanquish and L4D throw in. Looks bananas and I want in.
Sold(ish), but I think I've been spoiled by Vanquish's polish. Pretty much anything else is going to look janky by comparison. You've completely ruined my standards by introducing me to Vanquish, you bastard.

Ventron said:
That's an awesome image. Very suitable considering Gaz has a great new job too... :p

(I'm guessing the image isn't big enough such that you can fit all AusGaffers in the spa?)
I have the original shop. It shall be done.

I aint no bastard for preaching enlightenment dear sir.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
lettersandnumbers-420xekww.jpg

Forever and always my AusGAF mascotts.

THE DREAM TEAM

Choc

Banned
IKEA introduces daycare for blokes featuring Xbox, pinball machines, free hotdogs, and a buzzer to remind wives to pick them u

lol

Fredescu

DeathJr said:
No, that's for businesses. I'm asking about filing a tax return while working on an ABN.
ABN = Australian Business Number = business. If you mean something else you better spell it out, because that's the most common usage for ABN.

Hey guys look at this game (~33mb). It's what we're showing to the highschoolers. It's terrible! Please ignore the terrible ai for the enemies.

I know of one big bug, you can jump through floors, into boxes and things. So.. Don't do that. I really wanted this game in 2d. We still have time to change it, but I doubt it'll happen.

though feedback would be wonderful.
don't tell anyone at emergent im distrubuting

almost forgot controls: z jump, x shoot.

Top Bottom