• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

markot

Banned
It was a little white lie while she was trying to balance out and fight out internal struggles to get her way.

On the poilitical lie o meter, its next to 'glad to be here' when they are getting interviewed.

markot

Banned
Fine, anyone who lied can no longer be in politics.

Whats that? Everyone is disqualified and we are to be ruled by COMPUTERS?!

Rezbit

It was a little white lie while she was trying to balance out and fight out internal struggles to get her way.

On the poilitical lie o meter, its next to 'glad to be here' when they are getting interviewed.

I'm sorry, but it's unacceptable. A little white lie to add to a great big fucking list. As some of you might well know I don't usually give two shits about politics but this is getting ridiculous. She's got to go.

Choc

Banned
You guys don't know how business works clearly.

Let's say Google is headhunting the head of Microsoft.

They are going to deny it until the cows come home until head of Microsoft agrees to terms with Google.

The Government is a business.

There is no difference in this scenario.

hamchan

You guys don't know how business works clearly.

Let's say Google is headhunting the head of Microsoft.

They are going to deny it until the cows come home until head of Microsoft agrees to terms with Google.

The Government is a business.

There is no difference in this scenario.

Meh, we're still allowed to call them out for lying in either scenario.

Though I don't know why she had to lie about Carr. Everyone seems happy with the choice.

Well hey, if this is the kind of thing she's going to be lying about, I'd be fine with never hearing the truth from her again.

I'm being facetious, but it's kind of telling about how little everyone else has going on that great news like this is still turned into a "Julia raped my mother and pissed in my cereal" thing.

Dead Man

I'm sorry, but it's unacceptable. A little white lie to add to a great big fucking list. As some of you might well know I don't usually give two shits about politics but this is getting ridiculous. She's got to go.

I don't really like her, but what she did is part of the political process. If you say she has to go, so do 99% of the other politicians. Which I would agree with in principle, but then what?

You can't ignore all the other people that act worse just because she is getting the coverage.

Rezbit

Okay that's great, so because other people lie too we may as well just cop it and eat their shit! Yay! I love eating people's shit!

This is why I hate politics. Because people just accept it.

Dead Man

Okay that's great, so because other people lie too we may as well just cop it and eat their shit! Yay! I love eating people's shit!

This is why I hate politics. Because people just accept it.

No, but do something constructive and fair. I call them all out, and accept there is not a great deal I can actually do except talk to my friends/co-workers/family etc and try to get them upset about it as well.

Just calling for the persons head, and saying 'She's got to go' is not really useful.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So one hour ago Motorstorm RC said it had 23 minutes left to download. It's done 70mb more and now says 10 minutes.

I started the download last night at home. Fuck this, this is slower than the Wii Shopping Channel.

And that's a piece of shit.

Rezbit

No, but do something constructive and fair. I call them all out, and accept there is not a great deal I can actually do except talk to my friends/co-workers/family etc and try to get them upset about it as well.

Just calling for the persons head, and saying 'She's got to go' is not really useful.

You'll see that in a sentence before that one, I said the list has gotten very long [of lies]. That is my opinion. The fact of the matter is she is the person running our country, and maybe yeah, I expect her to actually be better than most of the other snake politicians running around.

And I'm not ignoring everyone else, would you like me to list them one by one? Doesn't seem reasonable.

Dead Man

You'll see that in a sentence before that one, I said the list has gotten very long [of lies]. That is my opinion. The fact of the matter is she is the person running our country, and maybe yeah, I expect her to actually be better than most of the other snake politicians running around.

And I'm not ignoring everyone else, would you like me to list them one by one? Doesn't seem reasonable.

Fair enough.

hamchan

For me personally I just expect her to not be so obvious with her lies. She's the goddamn PM, she should be the best with her lies but she isn't. It's such a bad performance.

MrSerrels

So one hour ago Motorstorm RC said it had 23 minutes left to download. It's done 70mb more and now says 10 minutes.

I started the download last night at home. Fuck this, this is slower than the Wii Shopping Channel.

And that's a piece of shit.

I am not a fan of the Vita so far. Not at all.

legend166

In the grand scheme of things, Gillard lying about this is pretty meaningless. I wouldn't call for her head over it.

But it does give a pretty big insight into the fact that politicians are pathological liars. It's creepy. Why even lie about this? Just say "Yeah we're trying to get Bob Carr. He's a smart guy and we think he'd make a great Senator."

What's the harm in saying that? Why even bother lying? It's just so pointless.

Politics is gross.

Kritz

Banned
12 dollar pint! man thats steep. my local does them for 6-7

Probably just a uni student tax. Maybe they figure anyone drInking this early can afford not to be studying.

I coulda just gone down to Salamanca but wanted to meet with some friends who didn't show up anyway.

Any places around to get some cheap nerf guns? Going to a thing and need a new stampede...

The fuck?! We used to get jugs for $12 :|
I remember a mate ordering a jug, being told it was more than $10, and he turned around and walked out. And I'm not particularly old.

How can Bob Carr become a senator if he's not elected?

I clearly don't know enough about our political system.

When a senator resigns (as Mark Arbib did last week) instead of a by election (because a senator represents the state not a small area, so you'd have to have a state wide by election) the party of which he is from gets to pick his replacement. In this case NSW Labor chose to replace Arbib with Carr.

Jintor

Am85E2KCAAInFi3.jpg

Anybody in the CBD know what the dicks is going on?

Choc

Banned
Frank Keany ‏ @redneckninja

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Firefighters say the smoke above the Sydney CBD is from a kitchen fire on King St. No injuries reported.

also, people going on about Bob Carr its mountain out of mole hill shit.

There are many times due to confidentiality, things can't be discussed openly in public. You think Bob Carr wanted the media on his doorstep haranging him whilst he made his decision

he could have told JG to keep it quiet............

3 years ago Tony said it would be a good idea to tax carbon. Well now......

Dead Man

In the grand scheme of things, Gillard lying about this is pretty meaningless. I wouldn't call for her head over it.

But it does give a pretty big insight into the fact that politicians are pathological liars. It's creepy. Why even lie about this? Just say "Yeah we're trying to get Bob Carr. He's a smart guy and we think he'd make a great Senator."

What's the harm in saying that? Why even bother lying? It's just so pointless.

Politics is gross.
That's what gets me, I don't see the harm in just being honest.

Dead Man

Bob Carr may have specifically told her not to tell people because he didn't want the media attention....

sheez its not difficult people,

And that would be fair enough, but I would expect Bob to now make a comment about that if that was the case.

markot

Banned
You cant announce these things until they are done deals.

She did have to fight it through, so if she announced that she had talked to Bob, but then she couldnt get him in due to party resistence, she looks weakened as a leader.

Dead Man

You cant announce these things until they are done deals.

She did have to fight it through, so if she announced that she had talked to Bob, but then she couldnt get him in due to party resistence, she looks weakened as a leader.
See:
"We did not comment publicly on internal party matters."

That's pretty easy.
There are very few places in the public eye where a lie is better than 'no comment'.

Fogz

Payday the heist is free on steam for the weekend.

Shall we have a few games of it?

If it doesn't involve politics I'll be in :)

Also, evl, a Telstra tech was around again and said if they get called out again and find my Billion modem plugged in I'll get charged a callout fee :p

Nevermind that that modem is actually working better than their crap Telstra modems.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Also, evl, a Telstra tech was around again and said if they get called out again and find my Billion modem plugged in I'll get charged a callout fee :p

Nevermind that that modem is actually working better than their crap Telstra modems.

Hahahaha, That is awesome. Did you tell them it works better than their modems?

Did he say what the problem could be this time around?

Fogz

Nah I wasn't home at the time. Actually if I knew he was coming I would have switched over anyway so he never knew. Just another thing for them to blame.

They THINK there is some sort of electrical signal interfering with it. I do live right at a set of traffic lights and in front of the SES, but I have no idea if its possible.

Top Bottom