• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Yagharek

What the fuck, ausgaf. What. The. Fuck.

Have you all lost it today? Nutters the lot of you. :p

Today I discovered three cures.
1. Apathy cures depression brought on by political discourse and YEC stupidity
2. Bacon does indeed cure food poisoning after effects

Ergo 3. Apathy about bacon shall bring about the downfall of humanity. Which in itself is a cure if you happen to be a piglet.

Rezbit

Does James squire have a markup? Maybe that explains the cost of the pint. I think I paid less per pint at melbgaf meet, and those were delicious.

But also, all they have on tap is James squire. :/ and Boag's.

I would assume yes, but I can't imagine it being like $5 more than Boag's. Which would mean Boag's is more than $7 :\ How much were we paying per pint at TasGAF meetup?

Apple is okay but the Pear is fantastic. 8 for $22 at Safeway at the moment. No BWS here :(

Aren't I a lucky boy, I've got a pear one coming next!
I don't really like pears though :(

What the fuck, ausgaf. What. The. Fuck.

Have you all lost it today? Nutters the lot of you. :p

Today I discovered three cures.
1. Apathy cures depression brought on by political discourse and YEC stupidity
2. Bacon does indeed cure food poisoning after effects

Ergo 3. Apathy about bacon shall bring about the downfall of humanity. Which in itself is a cure if you happen to be a piglet.

FuE4m.jpg

The only answer. Take all that cancer money and put it into time travel. We will all be saved.

Choc

Banned
proof FFA are idiots

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...ffa-announcement/story-e6frf4gl-1226287305800

Canberra pretty much told the ycan't have a team to replace GC.

Even though

-They have a rich backer
-They have sponsors ready to go
-They have a stadium
-They have financial backing from ACT Gvt
-They have thousands of membes signed up already (who paid $200 to join and have some level of commitment)

but the FFA want another Sydney team that they would pretty much have to fund themselves

bonkers.

Western Sydney is important, but maybe just wait a few years and let someone who is ready now have it

Rahk

I would assume yes, but I can't imagine it being like $5 more than Boag's. Which would mean Boag's is more than $7 :\ How much were we paying per pint at TasGAF meetup?

Aren't I a lucky boy, I've got a pear one coming next!
I don't really like pears though :(
I don't really like pear either and didn't like the pear cider I tried once. It was Rekorderlig though.

Dead Man

FuE4m.jpg

The only answer. Take all that cancer money and put it into time travel. We will all be saved.
bacon-is-not-ready.jpeg

I forsee a great future for this child.
proof FFA are idiots

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...ffa-announcement/story-e6frf4gl-1226287305800

Canberra pretty much told the ycan't have a team to replace GC.

Even though

-They have a rich backer
-They have sponsors ready to go
-They have a stadium
-They have financial backing from ACT Gvt
-They have thousands of membes signed up already (who paid $200 to join and have some level of commitment)

but the FFA want another Sydney team that they would pretty much have to fund themselves

bonkers.

Western Sydney is important, but maybe just wait a few years and let someone who is ready now have it

So whathisname was right and the FFA are incompetent? ;)

Rezbit

I don't really like pear either and didn't like the pear cider I tried once. It was Rekorderlig though.

Yeah I find the Rekorderlig are a bit too lolly-like for me. This Monteith's pear is actually okay, it's not too sweet, but it doesn't have that Kopparberg acidity either. Nice.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So why don't serrels and vook like vita? Seriously. I'm considering one but ATM its hard to find dissenting opinion.

- It's slow to download, slow to install, slow to load. If I want to just do something on it - takes time.
- Interface needs a lot of work, just is.... 'Why would you do that' in points.
- 4GB space, every other memory card is uber expensive and you NEED one.
- No demos for everything even then it takes anywhere from 3 hours to 12 hours to get one.
- Rear touch pad is mostly poop
- No USB charging

+ Uncharted
+ Screen

Omikron

Does James squire have a markup? Maybe that explains the cost of the pint. I think I paid less per pint at melbgaf meet, and those were delicious.

But also, all they have on tap is James squire. :/ and Boag's.

Randy Dragon Flinders Lane, $6 pints of boags.

About the cheapest beer I know of in Melbourne.

Choc

Banned
- It's slow to download, slow to install, slow to load. If I want to just do something on it - takes time.
- Interface needs a lot of work, just is.... 'Why would you do that' in points.
- 4GB space, every other memory card is uber expensive and you NEED one.
- No demos for everything even then it takes anywhere from 3 hours to 12 hours to get one.
- Rear touch pad is mostly poop
- No USB charging

+ Uncharted
+ Screen

you're going to expect this from me but

-Your internet must be shit. I am downloading stuff pretty quick. Load times on some games is very bad, install times, are okish.
-I really like the interface. It's a bit like IOS and i really like being able to end games REAL quick by pressing the PS button and pulling down the piece of paper that appears. Much quicker than PS3.

-Yes the memory card issue is shit i agree.
-Name another system with trials for every game? None, it doesn't exist
-Rear touch pad is not being used well no

USb charging what, it has USB charging but the Playstation vita has to be turned off. It can't charge via USB and be turned on, uses to much juice.

VOOK

The interface looks nice yes, it's not like iOS though. iOS you click an app and bam you're in it. Not some subscreen with a button in the middle to launch or resume something and things littered around it. It's clunky, what do all the little icons at the top do? Why do I have to constantly reconnect to PSN? Why does PSN drop off when I play Uncharted and stop my downloads. I can't tell what game is in my Vita unless I pull the card out or go and tap every app. On some screens I can't see the notification list, on some I can. How can I easily tell how much free space is in my memory card, PSN doesn't tell me how big a download is until I buy it.... the list goes on.

This is my issue Choc with the USB, so I can't charge and play the Vita ANYWHERE except for beside my bed at home. Car charger = useless, My portable battery charger = useless, Eneloop stick useless.

Does Sony AU sell other PS Vita chargers separately yet? No. If so though I'd like one.

So a portable device, cannot be charged and used outside of the home. Without being shut off, disconnected from the 'PSV World'. I can't leave it overnight to download unless I'm at home. You see my dilemma Choc, I'm barely at home, this is a portable system. Bring my charger with me? I don't have to bring a charger for my 3DS or iPhone, if I run out of power on them I have 1 USB plug for both.

btw: I fully have my Nintendo at OFF for this critique, I bought the Vita because its meant to be the best and most powerful portable console. It is but Sony still have a shit ton to learn about UI and UX. (As so Nintendo)

Deeku

My only real complaint is the transferring stuff between vita and ps3/mac. It's kinda clumsy and never seems to recognise the vita on first go, unless there's some trick I don't know about.

Also, I plug my vita into a wall to charge since I swear it takes longer when charging via usb.

Dead Man

The interface looks nice yes, it's not like iOS though. iOS you click an app and bam you're in it. Not some subscreen with a button in the middle to launch or resume something and things littered around it. It's clunky, what do all the little icons at the top do? Why do I have to constantly reconnect to PSN? Why does PSN drop off when I play Uncharted and stop my downloads. I can't tell what game is in my Vita unless I pull the card out or go and tap every app. On some screens I can't see the notification list, on some I can. How can I easily tell how much free space is in my memory card, PSN doesn't tell me how big a download is until I buy it.... the list goes on.

This is my issue Choc with the USB, so I can't charge and play the Vita ANYWHERE except for beside my bed at home. Car charger = useless, My portable battery charger = useless, Eneloop stick useless.

Does Sony AU sell other PS Vita chargers separately yet? No. If so though I'd like one.

So a portable device, cannot be charged and used outside of the home. Without being shut off, disconnected from the 'PSV World'. I can't leave it overnight to download unless I'm at home. You see my dilemma Choc, I'm barely at home, this is a portable system. Bring my charger with me? I don't have to bring a charger for my 3DS or iPhone, if I run out of power on them I have 1 USB plug for both.

btw: I fully have my Nintendo at OFF for this critique, I bought the Vita because its meant to be the best and most powerful portable console. It is but Sony still have a shit ton to learn about UI and UX. (As so Nintendo)
I haven't been following the Vita, too rich fore me and I'm not much of a handheld gamer. What this about no USB charging?

VOOK

My only real complaint is the transferring stuff between vita and ps3/mac. It's kinda clumsy and never seems to recognise the vita on first go, unless there's some trick I don't know about.

Also, I plug my vita into a wall to charge since I swear it takes longer when charging via usb.

Oh I don't care if it takes long to charge via USB, even the iPad is slow as shit to do that.

I don't have any videos, songs or photos on my Vita;

1- I have no memory to spare
2- The software is shite

I haven't been following the Vita, too rich fore me and I'm not much of a handheld gamer. What this about no USB charging?

You can charge when it's completely shut off via USB or not at all. (If I had the 3G version I'd be more pissed off about this)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
fixing my PC has been so worth it.

I finally played The Stanley Parable and Dear Esther. Super enjoyable couple of hours, that was.

Choc

Banned

You're saying its bad to have a menu which allows you to get to the manual, access dlc, and see the other stuff of the game, that quickly? ok...

I agree PSN needs to show the size of downloads. Car charger isn't useless if you have the vita turned off.

Yes, usb chargers are available separately now...., sold out most places though.

Choc

Banned

you don't connect the vita to the ps3 until you have requested the vita to do so. If its already connected it fails

VOOK

No Choc I want another wall charger, I'll have to carry it with me won't I.

So what happens if I'm on a 6 hour car trip / flight Choc, battery with Uncharted lasts 3. So for the last part of the trip I can't play? I have to shut it off completely, wait for it to charge then play?

Aaaaargh It's a PORTABLE console!

Choc

Banned
No Choc I want another wall charger, I'll have to carry it with me won't I.

So what happens if I'm on a 6 hour car trip / flight Choc, battery with Uncharted lasts 3. So for the last part of the trip I can't play? I have to shut it off completely, wait for it to charge then play?

Aaaaargh It's a PORTABLE console!

name an australian domestic airline with power in economy :p

you can buy power chargers that allow usb connectors which will charge the vita.

Dead Man

You can charge when it's completely shut off via USB or not at all. (If I had the 3G version I'd be more pissed off about this)

That seems a bit silly. Even if it draws too much power to recharge, couldn't it at least be used to extend the battery life?

VOOK

name an australian domestic airline with power in economy :p

you can buy power chargers that allow usb connectors which will charge the vita.

Who says domestic, what if I'm going to E3? Perth to Singapore, Singapore to Perth all have power because you're on a 767 or a A380.

Link to me to one I bought like to buy it then.

Deeku

Vook's complaints seem valid. It's hard for me to add to them though since I play my portables at home lol.

Thanks for the tip on the charging choc!

Edit: err, I mean transferring. Will try later.

That seems a bit silly. Even if it draws too much power to recharge, couldn't it at least be used to extend the battery life?
Our incar DVD players are the same, can't charge while in use. I assume because the device is drawing a lot of power from the battery and the addition of a supply could cause damage.

Most of the Vita complaints seem to be that it isn't the be all end all device people expected. Seems great to me for $250 compared to other devices of a similar price.

Salazar

I've met you in real life. Your face does indeed look like a cunt. Either that, or I've seen some REALLY weird looking cunts that look like a BananaArnie.

I have never knowingly seen an AusGaffer.

Watching Walking Dead season 1. Entertaining enough.

Rezbit

Our incar DVD players are the same, can't charge while in use. I assume because the device is drawing a lot of power from the battery and the addition of a supply could cause damage.

Most of the Vita complaints seem to be that it isn't the be all end all device people expected. Seems great to me for $250 compared to other devices of a similar price.

Where you get a Vita for 2 fiddy?

Honestly to me the Vita doesn't really seem like a portable at all. Seems too big to be carried around. Seems more like a...mobile home console.

Reminds me, should organise a meetup at some point... Someone had a booth at supanova last year right? They've moved the Brisbane one to the gold coast this year (=/ ugh) but if you guys are going I might see you there.

aww. well if thats how you all feel. im not going to share my drawing with you.

Awwww :(

If you guys spot Magic Hat #9 (available at Dan Murphy's), pick it up. Pretty basic beer but is infused with apricot extract, which gives it a nice apricot taste but not too strong.

Currently drinking a Mikkeller Yeast Series Hefeweizen. Damn, Mikkeller knows his stuff. If you see anything with a Mikkeller label from any brewery (he's a 'gypsy brewer', meaning he goes from brewery to brewery making stuff with them), just get it.

Top Bottom