• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autobots! Transform and Rollout! TF Movie coming in 2006!

Status
Not open for further replies.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
jett said:
I don't see the point of this being live-action. How many human characters are there? 2, 3 tops? :p

You're forgetting all the extras in construction hats, and the arabs.

Ristamar

3- Hasbro will not have a toy that turns into a pistol.

Well, at least he's being honest now. I'll give him credit for that. His original excuse of it being "lame" was rather transparent.

Matlock

Banned
Ristamar said:
While he shrunk significantly in the comic, in the cartoon he didn't become very tiny. Starscream and others wielded him in gun form.

Uh, if we're going to use the basis of Megatron as 20 feet (which iirc is his true height), he'd have to be the scale of ~18 feet:gun for Starscream (who's a small amount shorter in G1), then you'd have a luger that's about three times the size of a regular one. To simplify, it'd be about three feet long, which is simply frigging implausible for any live-action film to have. :p

Ristamar

Matlock said:
Uh, if we're going to use the basis of Megatron as 20 feet (which iirc is his true height), he'd have to be the scale of ~18 feet:gun for Starscream (who's a small amount shorter in G1), then you'd have a luger that's about three times the size of a regular one. To simplify, it'd be about three feet long, which is simply frigging implausible for any live-action film to have. :p

Probably about as implausible as giant, living robots from outer space. ;)

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Matlock said:
IIRC Megatron is much taller than 20 feet while in robot mode :p
If you watch the first episodes of G1 Transformers and see Megatron walk right through one of the Dam walls, he looks to be almost 2 1/2 - 3 stories tall.

aparisi2274

Defensor said:
IIRC Megatron is much taller than 20 feet while in robot mode :p
If you watch the first episodes of G1 Transformers and see Megatron walk right through one of the Dam walls, he looks to be almost 2 1/2 - 3 stories tall.

Well a Story = 10ft, so if he is 2 stories tall, then he is 20ft tall. Thus you answered your own question.

Also, I agree with Don Murphy. I mean if everything transforms to scale, it might be a little more believeable. I mean hell, if they make Megatron a tank, and if you were turn that tank vertical and stretch out the tank treds to make legs, I could see him being at least 15ft tall. So I mean its not like Megatron will transform and be a 5'9" nerd or something.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
I'm still reading the posts on that Don Murphy Message board but so far I don't like the sound of a couple changes to Megatron and Soundwave :/

darscot

I think this will be as live action as say Dinasour was. This could be kick ass but I dont think they can pull it off.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
What does he mean "There will be no mass shifting" ?

xsarien

daedsiluap
isamu said:
What does he mean "There will be no mass shifting" ?

Soundwave won't go from a towering robot down to a "normal" sized boombox, small and light enough for Spike to innocently carry into Autobot headquarters.

So if they make Soundwave a CD player, does that mean that Lazerbeak, Ravage, Rumble and Buzz Saw are going to become transforming compact discs.

Meh.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
xsarien said:
Soundwave won't go from a towering robot down to a "normal" sized boombox, small and light enough for Spike to innocently carry into Autobot headquarters.
Lame. I want Soundwave to transform/shrink from a *ton robot to a pocket size tape recorder and weight less than 3 pounds :p

Phoenix

ManaByte said:
Ok. Now give us G.I. Joe.

Damn straight. GI Joe is an easy easy one to do, but I have a feeling they'll cheese it all up and have people running around talking about pork chop sandwiches or something :)

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
yikes.gif
yikes.gif

KILLER!

xsarien

daedsiluap
You know, some of you may have to come to terms with the possibility, that like the X-Men movies, this first (because let's face it, a sequel is fucking inevitable) Transformers movie may not have every major character.

But I guess it depends on who they aim it for: 80s kids out for nostalgia, or today's kids in their continuing bid to sell toys.

isamu

xsarien said:
You know, some of you may have to come to terms with the possibility, that like the X-Men movies, this first (because let's face it, a sequel is fucking inevitable) Transformers movie may not have every major character.

But I guess it depends on who they aim it for: 80s kids out for nostalgia, or today's kids in their continuing bid to sell toys.

you gotta be shitten me.

CrunchyB said:
Autobots can fly? :p
According to the graphic on my old lunchbox, they can.

I'm all for non-shrinking robots, though. It always bugged me as a kid, even though I loved Soundwave. I was deeply conflicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom