• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2020

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
January 5 to 12 AGDQ 2020 benefiting the Prevent Cancer Foundation

AGDQ2020 Schedule

Youtube archives

Donation page

VODS

Live

Edit: forgot the thread tags, could a mod add them please! and possibly add AGDQ

Last edited:

Ban Puncher

God Enel

Is it just me or did agdq become worse with each year? I kinda lost the interest in the last 2 years or so whereas back in the years I had more fun watching it. Maybe because I’m not playing that many games anymore. 🤔

Will still give it a watch Here and there :)

excited for link to the past randomizer run and uhmm.. yeah

rofif

Banned
Is it just me or did agdq become worse with each year? I kinda lost the interest in the last 2 years or so whereas back in the years I had more fun watching it. Maybe because I’m not playing that many games anymore. 🤔

Will still give it a watch Here and there :)

excited for link to the past randomizer run and uhmm.. yeah
it's not You. It was the best in 2014 and 2015 and been worse each year. The games they cover are just uninteresting... it's all some obscure nintendo games.
And I think they could alternate goals. They gave millions to that prevent cancer foundation and it's a good goal but I would prefer them to collect for something more tangible.
And I never understood why they don't swear... If I gave millions to some hospital, I don't think that hospital would care if I was swearing

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
Is it just me or did agdq become worse with each year? I kinda lost the interest in the last 2 years or so whereas back in the years I had more fun watching it.

It's gotten a lot more drama-prone and up it's own ass as each year passes, but it's still a pretty good show. I normally just have it on as 24h background noise for the week.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Imagine still supporting this trash.

He/she
him/her

There crusade against anybody that says a bad word to ban them directly with there cancel culture.

Fuck these people.

Haven't been keeping up with this. What did they do?

Whitesnake

Banned
Get your dilators ready!

What kind of actual soyboy still watches this shit? All of the actually entertaining runners get banned. Swearing and offensive humor is banned. The donation messages are all the same.

The only good runs are gimmick runs like blindfolded Punchout or TASbot.

Remember when Werster said “I fuckin’ hate niggers” on-stream in the middle of doing a GDQ run? He would publically executed by the cucks that run/watch GDQ these days.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
been watching the megaman 7 run for a bit now.
don't really notice anything bad tbh

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Get your dilators ready!

What kind of actual soyboy still watches this shit? All of the actually entertaining runners get banned. Swearing and offensive humor is banned. The donation messages are all the same.

Remember when Werster said “I fuckin’ hate niggers” on-stream in the middle of doing a GDQ run? He would publically executed by the cucks that run/watch GDQ these days.

Wait that happened?? Wow.

Spukc

Get your dilators ready!

why the hell would he say that :messenger_neutral:

Paltheos

Cool that they started with A Hat in Time. Really good game.
I watched the Zero Mission run afterwards. As someone who used to run that game (albeit in 100%, not any%), it was... sloppy. Don't know if JRP was nervous or what but he made allot of mistakes.

"He/Him". Lmao. I'm out.

Imagine still supporting this trash.

He/she
him/her

There crusade against anybody that says a bad word to ban them directly with there cancel culture.

Fuck these people.

Context? I missed it.
I know some circles are hyper-sensitive about that. I once got banned in a Frame Fatales stream for using the wrong pronoun a couple times. Way too harsh imo. Interesting if that sort of strictness is in a big event chat like gdq.

Whitesnake

Banned
why the hell would he say that :messenger_neutral:

Somebody on /v/ said they’d donate $1000 if he did it. The donation never came.

Everyone found it funny at the time, including TriHex who IIRC was on the couch for that run.

He wasn’t banned for it. He eventually copped a ban a few years later for something about stealing random hotel key cards? IDK

Last edited:

Spukc

Somebody on /v/ said they’d donate $1000 if he did it. The donation never came.

Everyone found it funny at the time, including TriHex who IIRC was on the couch for that run.
it was that bad in the past?
damn

Whitesnake

Banned
"I fucking hate niggers"

Ahahah so fun. :messenger_confused:
it was that bad in the past?
damn

Can you not find humor from absurdity? Must it all be filtered through the lens of your comfort.

My point isn’t even that it’s funny, it’s that old GDQ was super loose and was just a bunch speedrunning pals fucking around.

Now that it’s big it’s a slave to PC culture. No fun allowed. Everything must be as dry and family-friendly as possible. People get banned for being in the same room as someone who wore a Trump hate, or making too many Owen Wilson jokes.

Shit changed.

Also are you going tell Trihex he’s racist? Lmao

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

I remember when the chat wasn't Sub Only. The good old days :lollipop_pensive:

Ok, but that's the fault of the 10,000 memelords who think they're hilarious and feel the need to remind everyone multiple times a second. Short of having a fucking enforceable age-restriction, there's little the mods can do but go sub only. Any professional streamer would do the same (and they do).

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Banned
Ok, but that's the fault of the 10,000 memelords who think they're hilarious and feel the need to remind everyone multiple times a second. Short of having a fucking enforceable age-restriction, there's little the mods can do but go sub only. Any professional streamer would do the same (and they do).

Im sorry but anyone who would pay to join a twitch chat is smoothbrained.

Spukc

Can you not find humor from absurdity? Must it all be filtered through the lens of your comfort.

My point isn’t even that it’s funny, it’s that old GDQ was super loose and was just a bunch speedrunning pals fucking around.

Now that it’s big it’s a slave to PC culture. No fun allowed. Everything must be as dry and family-friendly as possible. People get banned for being in the same room as someone who wore a Trump hate, or making too many Owen Wilson jokes.

Shit changed.

nah but i don't really see how saying i hate n*ggers on a charity event is funny.
lmao

i hope you don't miss that stuff?

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Banned
nah but i don't really see how saying i hate n*ggers on a charity event is funny.
lmao

i hope you don't miss that stuff?

You don’t find the absurdity of saying something that outrageous at a charity event funny?

Because I do.

Do you believe that makes me racist? Is that what you’re trying to get at by saying “I hope you don’t miss it?”

Fuck off, it was funny.

Antwix

How does that work? Like, does Twitch get the money or the streamer or in GDQ's case, the charity?
Twitch gets a cut. Streamer gets a cut. Typical sub is $5/month and I believe it's about 50/50 cut give or take. Not sure of the actual % split. I believe the more subs you have the higher the % cut for the streamer is.

PhoenixTank

Get your dilators ready!

Dilators? Hope you're not spreading the debunked bullshit like we had from some in the SGDQ thread.

TASBot is still probably my favourite part of these events, but I genuinely enjoy seeing these games completed and broken in ways they were never intended to me. Quite like the randomizers too, especially if two games are merged together.

Without a doubt, GDQ has become more corporate over the years, but that happens with growth - not a niche indie event these days. It is okay to miss that but I also understand they have sponsors that don't want to pay to be associated with something that has a bad rep. Aside from that there is room for improvement on plenty of issues so please don't take this as a "LEAVE GDQ ALONE" post.

Not my thing, but I'm sure there are still plenty of edgy streamers elsewhere, no? Outside of a handful I don't much care for the runners themselves, just the games - but at the end of the day, games get destroyed and money goes to charity. I find it hard to outright hate on that.

Looking through the schedule... Fallout Anthology could be entertaining if they're really bombing through 4 or 5 games there in about 2 hours.
Surprised to see a Destiny 2 raid speedrun included :messenger_tears_of_joy:
No doubt there will be a cringe reel at some point to look forward to as well!

Edit: Spukc Spukc I missed it as well, but you can get at it via this vod link

Last edited:

Spukc

did anyone see the metroid zero mission?
was it any good?

i missed it :(

Lanrutcon

You don’t find the absurdity of saying something that outrageous at a charity event funny?

Because I do.

Do you believe that makes me racist? Is that what you’re trying to get at by saying “I hope you don’t miss it?”

Fuck off, it was funny.

Different strokes. I find it cringy.

Remember when they could swear? that's a legitimate gripe I have. Gamers swear. When you're focusing on something and playing super hard you swear. That's just natural. Things have gotten so...sanitized.

Ah well. In the name of a good cause, I guess.

Birdo

Banned
Wow, Ratchet & Clank TOD didn't ege well. I remember it looking cutting edge back in the day.

Paltheos

did anyone see the metroid zero mission?
was it any good?

i missed it :(

JRP choked a bunch. Allot of silly mistakes. He dropped the double ibj out of the power grip pit and missed a missile against Mother Brain forcing him to farm a drop from the Rinkas (and forgot to jump back onto her platform before killing, preventing him from triggering speed boost). Silliest mistake is dropping the first shinespark after acquiring the fully-powered suit. He almost died a couple times in Ridley zone too, even with safety tanks. It wasn't a pretty run.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

Shit changed.

That's a big part of why I don't watch GDQ anymore. It's super sanitized, which makes the banter pretty dull. And for a lot of these games, the banter is kinda all that would make watching it interesting. There's also way too many weirdos at this thing, and everyone pretends like that shit's just normal. I'm just not into it at this point.

JSoup

Banned
With the show being more stringent about what can and cannot be said, it sort of doesn't lend itself well to random drop ins. Either you know/like the game you see, or it's just a blur of activity with a high speed lecture in the background. On the other hand, the really good runs stand out even more with this model.

SaiyanRaoh

What the fuck is going on with these pronouns? Kinda ironic how they are all about 'fitting in' when you have a bunch of them that say "before you talk to me, you need to ask me what my preferred pronoun of the day is".

Does anyone have a link to a stream with a more....normal chat? This sanitized chat is annoying me. You can private message me if you prefer. Damn, I miss the earlier days of this event.

gdq has gone way downhill in recent years. It's basically run by easily offeneded SJWs that likes to take things out of context while using LGBT as a shield when they get called out.

They banned Trihex from running this year because of some slur he said on his own stream...in 2018.

TheContact

I look forward to 2 things every year. The holidays and GDQ. Been watching since they were running out of essentia’s house

glad to see ff8 is being run, an 8 hour run at that. But it’s on at 1am on weds for me. Gonna have to catch the vod

Last edited:

Shouta

Watched the MM7 run which was pretty good. PJ runs are always great since he's really informative and he usually has a good couch backing him up.

Top Bottom