• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Band of brothers is the greatest miniseries’s ever

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Yeah, I've easily watched this whole thing 20+ times over the years.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Band Of Brothers Running GIF by HBO

CURRAHEEEE

Such a show, I watch it basically every year coming up to Christmas for some reason. A true classic.

HAYA8U5A

Band of Brothers is on another level that it doesn't even seem fair to compare any other mini series to it. My distant runner-up is Generation Kill. Third is where I have a harder time deciding but think I would lean John Adams.

Von Hugh

Band of Brothers is perfect. I wouldn't change a single thing about it. A modern, timeless classic.

The Pacific and Masters of the Air are not even nearly in the same league unfortunately. Even though I really wanted them to be.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
It's amazing how well it holds up. I gave it a rewatch earlier this year. It feels like it could have been filmed yesterday.

Seeing all of those awesome actors back in their prime twenty+ years ago certainly made me feel old though. Like, I'm older than some of them when they were on the show now.

Johnny2Bad

Excellent series. One of the things that makes it great is the historical realism. I've seen war documentaries involving the 101st Airborne that featured the exploits of those very men and it was identical to what was in the show.
Kudos to a show that doesn't bullshit the audience.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Band of brothers wasn't really a miniseries, it's a full length version of saving private Ryan. 😀

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I would give best mini-series to either:
Westworld (there was only one season, don’t bother trying to look for others)

images

Or
The Haunting of Hill House
images

Trilobit

Unpopular opinion:
The Pacific is the better show as it's a much more realistic and brutal depiction of WW2. Band of Brothers feels too gung ho American. It doesn't have the same subtle character traits as The Pacific. So while I absolutely enjoyed BoB I think TP surpasses it.

Last edited:

Loope

Are they not? What constitutes a mini series? One season?
I think so, yes. The Wire has 5 seasons with 12 episodes each or something around that. Rome was cancelled at the time because it was too expensive.

Band of Brothers has 10 episodes in one season, same with Generation Kill or The Pacific. Chernobyl has 5 episodes.

They're like really big movies for me.

But honestly, it doesn't really matter, i was only joking a bit and to say The Wire is the best show ever imo.

Loope

Unpopular opinion:
The Pacific is the better show as it's a much more realistic and brutal depiction of WW2. Band of Brothers feels too gung ho American. It doesn't have the same subtle character traits as The Pacific. So while I absolutely enjoyed BoB I think TP surpasses it.
They portray different war scenarios, completely different from each other. Even in books about WWII, you can tell the difference between both fronts. Japanese were way fiercer on the defense of an objective, they didn't give a shit about tactical warfare and save their men. You need to defend this, now stay there and defend it until you die, type of attitude.

Germany, usually backed off to someplace safer so they could rebuild and send a counter offensive.

The Pacific is more gritty and visceral, there's no doubt about that.

Top Bottom