• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco has filed new Time Crisis and Steel Gunner trademarks

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The trademarks cover goods including “arcade video game machines” and “recorded computer game software,” and services such as “providing online video games” and “a computer game that may be accessed network-wide by network users via computers.”

It’s unclear if the trademark applications are indicative of any plans to revive the series with new entries.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It’s unclear if the trademark applications are indicative of any plans to revive the series with new entries.
But I'll make a thread for it anyway because I post pretty much anything slightly related to video games that I find on youtube/google/wherever, old or new, interesting or not, like I'm some kind of kotaku powered twitter bot.

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

But I'll make a thread for it anyway because I post pretty much anything slightly related to video games that I find on youtube/google/wherever, old or new, interesting or not, like I'm some kind of kotaku powered twitter bot.
Lmao why u so mad bro? Go read ERA or just click ignore. I like them gaming news. Bring it OP.

Either way, back on topic...new time crisis would be dopee

Last edited:
... In a Videogames forum zomg!!! Get a life boy.
And renewal copyright could hint maybe at some kind of port for ps plus classics or... maybe an arcade Collection or an enanched title for psvr2? 🤔

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Even if I kinda agree in that he sometimes flood the board I appreciate his effort and hey, at the very least I like his threads better than other's that aren't so much about videogames but rather tech or business stuff which I personally don't care too much about.

In this case I wouldn't look too much into it. Companies trademark their old shit all the time and it might not be indicative of anything.

Last edited:

Alexios

A fast-paced light gun game in (todays) VR sounds like an unmitigated disaster.
It's pretty much the best way to play existing fast paced lightgun games without the need for a CRT and/or niche lightguns without losing any of the fun so. Actual made for VR lightgun style games also show the potential, though of course they lack the pedigree of those Sega/Namco teams...

Unless by "today's" you mean some dodgy PSVR1-type thing that was outdated and flawed on release and doesn't represent the medium at its best since about 2016 which could easily replicate anything lightguns can do without being so restricting but rather limitless in its use case, WRONG!

Last edited:
GiganticSmartLamb-max-1mb.gif

Unless by "today's" you mean some dodgy PSVR1-type thing that was outdated and flawed on release

Actually yes, because I would expect a new Time Crisis to be exclusive to PS like the last 4.

In this case, the PSVR2 would have to be a pretty big improvement over PSVR1 for a fast-paced light gun game with high graphical quality.

Alexios

In this case, the PSVR2 would have to be a pretty big improvement over PSVR1 for a fast-paced light gun game with high graphical quality.
It is. It would play perfectly like in any arcade experience you've had and then some. Of course there's also zero reason for one to be exclusive (if not paid) when there are other capable VR enabled platforms, compared to viable platforms that had anything resembling a lightgun in the past.

Last edited:
It is. It would play perfectly like in any arcade experience you've had and then some. Of course there's also zero reason for one to be exclusive (if not paid) when there are other capable VR enabled platforms, compared to viable platforms that had anything resembling a lightgun in the past.

Time Crisis has been Sony controlled since Time Crisis 1, so I just have this strong feeling it's not going to be on anything else, unless it does well and Sony gets their PC department to help them port it to PC.

Also, if the unlikely but not improbable theory that the PSVR2 may be compatible to work with PS5 AND PC, then there would be less of a reason to port the game outside Sony's ecosystem.

Top Bottom