• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

virtualS

Wow. I suppose this is the type of game you buy on PS4 up front and then on PC in 2 years for $5. Or just hold off on all purchases in protest.

I just bought this from GMG at 40% off so I can't get a refund and now I'm almost half way through downloading, I was also going to buy a ps4 copy instead... well, fuck.

I had noticed that Geforce experience prompted me that it had downloaded optimization information, so I clicked on it, and this is what I saw... Ain't this the truth:

nmrzEa5.jpg

That happens all the time with new games. Also Geforce Experience has a big bug where it is just popping up errors, I'm assuming it'll get fixed sometime this week.

Skux

Probably already mentioned but I just read they outsourced the PC port to a third party studio :(

You'd think they'd learn their lesson by now.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Just noticed something.

The RAM usage starts around 4500 when I load up the game and it steadily rises until it's apparently using all 8GB. Even if I'm doing nothing. Standing in a corner, where it's quiet.

I have never, ever seen a game do that.

Double checked with The Witcher 3, a far bigger and better looking game may I add, and it hovers around 4800ish. Not constantly rising.

Is there anyone with more than 8GB? 16GB maybe? Can you find out if it uses all 16?

Could it be a memory leak that's causing all the stuttering?
What memory leak when it runs at 30fps, lacking AO, low resolution textures in the settings itself.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've said it before, but disabling the Steam overlay and running the game on an SSD seemed to help a good bit. Still getting dips (and I haven't played for extended sessions, so the memory leak may be there), but they're much more infrequent and usually show up only in the batmobile.

komorebi

Finally got to sit down and play after re-downloading the game all afternoon. 4770k, 980, 16mb ram, 7200rpm HDD, latest NV drivers. Here's what I did to lock it to a smooth and stutter-free 30fps (so far).

Nv Inspector:
Max Pre-Rendered Frames "1"
V-Sync Tear Control: Standard
V-Sync 1/2 refresh rate
Nvidia FXAA: On
I also forced 16x AF, not sure if it works but what the hell.

RivaTuner:
30fps cap

INI config:
MaxFPS=60

Graphics Options:
Everything Max except SmokeWorx and PaperWorx

One of the smoothest 30fps I've ever seen on PC but I don't do this very often. Tearing ass with the Batmobile
(sorry guys, I love this thing)
never really stutters except in obvious situations where its loading another part of the map, so in other words not frequently.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I got a heads up that removing the 30FPS limit in the ini file is what's causing the memory leaks and will crash late game.

Salsa

I've said it before, but disabling the Steam overlay and running the game on an SSD seemed to help a good bit. Still getting dips (and I haven't played for extended sessions, so the memory leak may be there), but they're much more infrequent and usually show up only in the batmobile.

im not moving the Witcher 3 from my small SSD for this, at least until a patch or two.. ill see how it runs on my big crappy 5400rpm drive

Finally got to sit down and play after re-downloading the game all afternoon. 4770k, 980, 16mb ram, 7200rpm HDD. Here's what I did to lock it to a smooth and stutter-free 30fps (so far).

Nv Inspector:
Max Pre-Rendered Frames "1"
V-Sync Tear Control: Standard
V-Sync 1/2 refresh rate
Nvidia FXAA: On
I also forced 16x AF, not sure if it works but what the hell.

RivaTuner:
30fps cap

INI config:
MaxFPS=60

Graphics Options:
Everything Max except SmokeWorx and PaperWorx

One of the smoothest 30fps I've ever seen on PC but I don't do this very often. Tearing ass with the Batmobile
(sorry guys, I love this thing)
never really stutters except in obvious situations where its loading another part of the map, so in other words not frequently.

Dude , 30FPS on a 980 is Unacceptable , the game doesn't even have PS4 levels of AO.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
It just crashes for me eventually, I can't really play the game for any significant amount of time before it crashes. Not happening with any other game at the minute. I'm not absolutely 'horrified' or 'outraged' but I hope it gets sorted soon. Enjoyed what I played.

Official response from Warner Bros:

Vr9KJB7.gif

I had the "Update Queued" message on Steam, restarted and went away and I didn't see any sort of update. Probably playing with the AppID codes again.

Unless your computer has < 3GB of system memory, a 4GB page file is way too small. Its maximum size should be around 1.5 times your system memory capacity. Windows will hit the page file all the time and limiting it like that will only cause you problems when you begin to use of a lot of your available RAM.

That hasn't been relevant for a very long time. This game is having issues with memory leaks.

It just crashes for me eventually, I can't really play the game for any significant amount of time before it crashes. Not happening with any other game at the minute. I'm not absolutely 'horrified' or 'outraged' but I hope it gets sorted soon. Enjoyed what I played.

Official response from Warner Bros:

Vr9KJB7.gif

Wait you are fine with this?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So WB's two biggest games of the year both launched completely fucked on PC.

thrown their big games to a studio with a bad track record with ports like High Voltage (why people trust them with ports after ZOE is beyond me) and now Iron Galaxy will do that.

and it's really bad especially that there is a big fanbase for both MK and Batman on PC.

epmode

I dont get these. I got all games at launch and the only real issue I can remember was stuttering on the dx11 version of City

ports were fine. this is impossible to compare

Yeah, the only problem I had with the other Arkham ports was that they were using GFWL. They ran perfectly once in-game.

Pilgrimzero

Thought my new laptop could at least play this at mid settings. Nope. Even on low at 1600 x 900 I'm getting a sweet 16 frames a second.

So I tested it again when I got home.

Kicked all options up to max at 1080p, including the NVIDIA stuff. Ran the benchmark:
2015-06-23_00001.jpg

Closed the benchmark, ran it again, a few seconds later, with no changes to any options:
2015-06-23_00002.jpg

The fuck?!

thrown their big games to a studio with a bad track record with ports like High Voltage (why people trust them with ports after ZOE is beyond me) and now Iron Galaxy will do that.

and it's really bad especially that there is a big fanbase for both MK and Batman on PC.

Some people think its because only 12 people worked on the PC port , according to the credits anyways. End of the Day , it is a product released at full price to customers and a big middle finger to people who game on PC.

d00d3n

Warning: Not a solution to AO issue. Flickery mess.
2015-06-23_000477ssr0.jpg

2015-06-23_00020scstp.jpg

That is some AO on the wall (first image), right? Unfortunately a flickery mess, with the effect activating and deactivating frequently when you move around. I used the Mortal Kombat X AO compatibility bit, quality AO, and AO enabled in nvidia inspector. AO did not seem to stick good on the woman behind the counter (second image), although she has a faint shadow on her throat that may be traces of AO?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Wait you are fine with this?

No I'm not fine with it, of course I'm not but I'm in the position where it came with my 970 which I bought to play The Witcher 3 at a better framerate. So I can only wait to see what happens with it. Idon't get really angry or outraged as it doesn't help anything, I just want it fixed.

after the new AMD Driver the game runs much better . I can drive around with the batmobile and dont get 5 fps moments... still some stutter in some situations with or without the batmobil but much better . Before the amd update i couldnt last longer than 24 minutes in this game. Now i`ve played over 3 hours. 1-2 Patches from Rocksteady and we are good to go i hope. I used the FPSmax= 30 in the .ini File didnt use River Tuner. Have to try that aswell next time. Every Setting is on Normal. Gameworks is off ( AMD card)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Yeah, the only problem I had with the other Arkham ports was that they were using GFWL. They ran perfectly once in-game.

Arkham Origins (Steamworks) got multiple issues at release, iirc they fixed them in like a months after the release.

Tizoc

Yeah, a 12 person port team isn't necessarily a problem. It's most likely that the blame lies with WB since they ultimately have the final say on release dates and milestones. They could have delayed this but they didn't. They could also have underfunded the port.

That's my worry too, personally I wouldn't mind waiting for a delayed PC ver.
I'd get there'd be those aggravated by the delay, but I'd much rather have a good running game than wait for big ass patches rolled out every week =_=

Top Bottom